User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INT-

I don't think I'm hideously ugly, but to be completely realistic, I don't think I'm remotely attractive either.

(FYI, I am not the person pictured in my avatar/signature, heh.)
    INTP 4w5 SX/SP
    Tritype 4/5/8

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Tabula View Post
    Is this at all along the lines of, "Ew, bodies. Skin. Hair. Fluids. Barf." type thing? I've never known anyone else to think that (or admit to thinking it.) It's interesting. I remember once, sitting in the bathtub, and thinking, "My skin is an organ. *poke* This is gross. I want OUT [of my skin] NOW!"

Weird.

that is a weird thought.

actually, i'm corrupted, because my dad's a doctor, and i grew up in and out of the hospital (chronic condition). so around my house there's like none of this. we'll discuss bodily fluids at the dinner table and occasionally we all stop and laugh because we realize how inappropriate it supposedly is.

sometimes i forget that not everyone's family is so weird and commit faux pas :blushing:

Quote Originally Posted by Fan.of.Devin View Post
    (FYI, I am not the person pictured in my avatar/signature, heh.)

MBTI
    INFJ

sometimes.

although sometimes i do feel like a goddess too. lols.

no.
    every normal man must be tempted, at times,
    to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
    and begin slitting throats.
    h.l. mencken

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    my looks really don't concern me that much... I spend minimal time getting ready in the morning (I get up as late as possible!) and my looks really don't OCCUR to me ever

however, I tend to get positive feedback from strangers and people I know frequently, so that informs me that I must at least have something going for me

am I the only person that oblivious in the thread?
    I'm right there with you. I am generally unconcerned with my looks. As I read through this thread I realized I had no opinion on my own looks.

I started to say that no, I don't think I'm ugly, but I realized that could come off like I actually think I'm not ugly. It is different. I don't think I'm ugly, I don't think I'm not ugly, I just don't think about my own looks.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by efraim View Post
    Just wondering...
    Yes, when I don't get a lot of compliments, I do, unfortunately. I don't go fishing for them, I just try to spend enough time in front of a mirror to assure some. It's sad. The complicated life of a vain esfp.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Yeah, actually.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Tabula View Post
    As an effect of a condition I have, as well as of the medication intended to relieve it, I gained 70 pounds in less than a year. Immediately following the weight gain, I found that I, up to that point, had equated fat with ugly. I don't think this thinking is all that uncommon.
    I've found this to be somewhat true, and applied with different words totally true. People have sliding scales of what is "attractive." A "beautiful" face doesnt equal beauty to everyone, just like a "beautiful" body doesn't make everyone swoon. Depending on if someone wants to think good of themselves or bad they treasure either what they do or don't have.

I've been overweight for about 2 or 3 years. It's been kind of fun, a different approach to life. I find that many people are just as attracted (or not attracted) to heavier Laurie as to thinner Laurie. Someone who wants a certain "look" isn't going to find me attractive no matter what.

I don't think I'm ugly but I know there are people that won't "get" me and that I appear unattractive to.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I don't feel ugly. I think I look okay. I am a forty year old woman, though, so I'm conscious that I'm not getting any younger and I do not like how flabby my middle has gotten.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INTP

I don't think I'm ugly, but I certainly didn't grow up thinking I was attractive. As an adult, I've gotten attention for my looks, and have learned to trust that data. :-D But I still tend to think people are exaggerating or something. Like, I can trust that I'm attractive, but I never feel like it's that big a deal. There are aspects of my looks that I'm insecure about, but I try not to point them out to others, in case they hadn't noticed. :-P
    Something Witty