User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Glycerine

I used to think I was really ugly and would cry about it a lot.. it was ridiculous. On top of the physical, I used to convince myself that I was really ugly on the inside so the "physical ugliness" probably reflected that. This is probably because when I was a little kid I was made to feel that I was an nuisance, burden, and "not good enough". I am alright, I guess.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

No.

Sometimes I feel disgusting, but that doesn't have to do with my looks, that has to do with being human. :/
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    EII

Sure, sometimes.

I dismiss such feelings when they arise, though, because it's always the result of letting shit like this get to me:

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Feeling ugly is a societal stereotype laid on us. It's presence is everywhere and we have to share our daily lives with half-naked models on posters everywhere, who you have seen so often by now that they already became very boring.
    like skylights said, there is nothing productive about letting these things get to me. There's no point; I eat right, i exercise, i take my vitamins and my thyroid medication. Statistically there are only so many women who naturally look like the ones that are plastered on billboards and such. In a culture where there's always something wrong with you there's little else for me to do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Introverted Feeling (46.7)
    Extraverted Intuition (45.7)
    Introverted Intuition (37.5)
    Introverted Thinking(26.5)
    Extraverted Feeling (25.4)
    Extraverted Thinking (22.1)
    Extraverted Sensing (19.5)
    Introverted Sensing (17.0)

i think i am pretty, to be honest.
    i think i'd deal awful with not feeling pretty, since i tend to deal very bad with my other flaws, so thank god, at least something i dont feel like whining about. i dont also envy more pretty women, which feels good.

until 2 yrs ago i was really paying attention to how i look, dress etc... but then i just got bored with all that, fashion etc., now i rarely think about clothes, just put on the first thing i find.

when i was a kid i thought i am not pretty, and remember looking myself in a mirror standing next to my sister, who is extremely gorgeous, and thinking "ah, well, you didnt get looks, but you have ... yourself" - because i was so immersed in what was going on around me, was very active and fun loving, i really didnt bother about how i look, but i had it somewhere in my subconscious that i am not v pretty, which was partialy a burdeon, but i didnt obsess about it.... and then i remember as puberty hit, when i looked myself in a mirror first time and figure out i am not really ugly. hah, i remember that day, it was so weird, and big relief.

MBTI
    ENFP

Sometimes, which is normal. I honestly don't care if other people think i'm ugly though.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

not ugly but ... not pretty enough. although i have recently been asked by amateur photographers in town if i wanted to model so ... MUHAHAAHA ... i never feel ugly, just never beautiful enough. there are always, always girls more gorgeous than i. i need to be pretty. it's bad. for some reason, it matters A Lot to me. i get a lot of attention lately after losing some weight. so strange.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Yeah, sometimes I wish I was more attractive. I don't think of myself is ugly but I don't see myself as particularly attractive either. Just kind of plain and homely. I haven't had people tell me I'm ugly (well maybe in middle school but that doesn't really count) but on the other hand I don't exactly attract suitors either.

I could probably be pretty attractive if I put more effort into it but usually I don't want to bother. I'm very low maintanance and would rather spend time doing other things than enhancing my looks. Basically, my hair is the sort where I just wash it and then brush it. I don't bother with all the styling. No makeup except for special occasions, minimal to no jewelry/accesories. I don't polish my nails or get manicures but I do keep them neatly clipped. My clothes are pretty simple too. I dress appropriately for the occasion but I don't dress to stand out. I don't care about the latest trends but I don't want to be so out of the loop that people sneer at me everywhere I go. I don't have the thin genes, and I've come to terms with acceptance that I'll never be skinny unless I starve myself.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

I've felt ugly and beautiful, back and forth throughout various stages of development. Currently I feel beautiful, and have felt so for the last 3 or 4 years. Hopefully I won't relapse.

"OMG I FEEEEEEEEEL SO INTENSELY ABOUT EVERYTHING OMG OMG OMG GET ME A XANAX" -Priam (ENFP impersonation)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Petra Pan View Post
    i think i am pretty, to be honest.

(why is this smiley's code "static" anyway?)

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    I used to think I was really ugly and would cry about it a lot.. it was ridiculous. On top of the physical, I used to convince myself that I was really ugly on the inside so the "physical ugliness" probably reflected that. This is probably because when I was a little kid I was made to feel that I was an nuisance, burden, and "not good enough". I am alright, I guess.
    judging by your pictures and the way you express yourself on here i think you are doing very well both inside and out

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

I'm ugly but I have pretty eyes and I'm talented and I can cook, so ... can't have everything. Also, I am not looking at myself so to whatever degree I'm ugly, once I'm out the door in the morning, it's somebody else's problem. I'm thinking about other things.