User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Feeling ugly is a societal stereotype laied on us. It's presence is everywhere and we have to share our daily lives with half-naked models on posters everywhere, who you have seen so often by now that they already became very boring. I reckon superficiality is a much deeper problem in America and people over the Ocean judge beauty far more often with the plain eye. This is a severe problem and if a beautiful soul, who I would describe nothing else but a beautiful person when talking about her, says something like this, we know we have come way too far:
    Entropie has without a shadow of a doubt lifted the words right out of my mind.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

AM I ugly? probably not and people love me.

But life is ugly when you don't love yourself.

MBTI
    ISFJ

No. I've thought of myself as completely unattractive in the past but I later realized it was just a matter of me intimidating people due to my personality.

I think the problem most people face though is not exactly feeling ugly (sometimes of course) per se....it's about having society creating outlandish standards than no one can possibly live up to...and then having to compare ourselves to that.

MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    9w1 so/sx

As an effect of a condition I have, as well as of the medication intended to relieve it, I gained 70 pounds in less than a year. Immediately following the weight gain, I found that I, up to that point, had equated fat with ugly. I don't think this thinking is all that uncommon.

I've since realized that while I am fat, I am not necessarily ugly. Preferences and attractiveness are far too varied for me to try to sync my ideas of myself up with what could "objectively" be considered attractive--there's no point. I don't feel ugly, so for all intents and purposes, I'm not.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4~9

Quote Originally Posted by Hopelandic View Post
    I tend to think I am... my face is odd (not pretty or feminine really) and the features are really out of whack.

I'm short, a little stumpy, and neither curvaceous or petite. I'm more... frumpy.

I'm sure plenty of nf's who are 4s' relate to the sense of defectiveness.
    I agree!

If I do not do my hair or face I believe I am so ugly I start crying!
    "...Have you fallen in love with the wrong person yet?"
    Jace said, "Unfortunately, Lady of the Haven, my one true love remains myself."
    "At least," she said, "you don't have to worry about rejection, Jace Wayland"
    "Not necessarily. I turn myself down occasionally, just to keep it interesting"

- The City Of Bones

Here is my blog where I post my thoughts and feelings. Please have a go and comment if you like.

MBTI
    yupp

I was told I was ugly, I feel ugly, so I am ugly
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I've felt like it before (inside or outside), and I was ugly because I felt I was. When I feel good about myself I feel attractive. Pretty simple fact, applies for most people.

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

I was told that I am ugly.
    But, as I got older, I also seemed to have stopped being ugly. I don't know when it happened. No one calls me ugly anymore.
    I have to learn not to call myself ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I was told I was ugly, I feel ugly, so I am ugly
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

my looks really don't concern me that much... I spend minimal time getting ready in the morning (I get up as late as possible!) and my looks really don't OCCUR to me ever

however, I tend to get positive feedback from strangers and people I know frequently, so that informs me that I must at least have something going for me

am I the only person that oblivious in the thread?
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

pfft. no.

i mean not to sound self-absorbed, and no question that i have some days where i look (and act) really rough. but no. and i'm not convinced that there's much positive or productive about thinking otherwise.

that said, i am very very self-conscious and take pretty good care of myself in terms of physical appearance... keep my nails clean/painted, makeup, (i think these things are fun and good creative outlets, they're not just for others' sake) basic hygiene, hair, exercise, etc. i try to constantly self-improve psychologically too. i used to have an eating disorder though, mostly because i am pretty muscular for a girl... i thought i was huge because a few of the guys at my school made fun of me for my calves being so curvy/toned when i was actually nearly underweight at the time. assholes. :steam: i figure revenge is found in looking good and being happy.

most of all i learned from falling in love with someone who is not classically "attractive" that once you love someone (at least, once i love someone), their beautiful qualities rise to the surface and their flaws become endearing. both physical and psychological stuff.