User Tag List

First 567

Results 61 to 64 of 64

  1. #61
    Professional Trickster Esoteric Wench's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    950

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    Thanks, Peguy, for your input. It would be interesting to see if people with a well developed Ti in general relate to some/most/all of these points. Or even others.
    #1 - I've dated an INTP before and I've gotta tell you, this is a very good list. Good job Little Linguist!

    #2 - I'm dating an ISTP (with his dominant Ti) now and a lot of these points apply to him, too.
    ENFP with kick*ss Te | 7w8 so | ♀

  2. #62
    (blankpages) Xenon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    836

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Hmm. I wouldn't see myself resorting to such shabby arguementations. Unless! the issue isn't an issue at all from my point of view.
    Yeah, really. I'm rather surprised to hear people have experienced this with INTPs actually; I find myself so often in the opposite role. ("On what do you base that assertion? Nothing? I see.")

    It might apply if I have a long history of frustrating exchanges with the particular individual I'm speaking to. Then I might not want to bother trying to explain myself. Or if someone is so vastly underestimating my level of understanding on something and trying to introduce some basic idea that I considered and incorporated into my thinking numerous steps ago, assuming I've never thought of it. I tend to find that insulting, and might easily get snippy or shut down in that case.

  3. #63
    Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
    Yeah, really. I'm rather surprised to hear people have experienced this with INTPs actually; I find myself so often in the opposite role. ("On what do you base that assertion? Nothing? I see.")

    It might apply if I have a long history of frustrating exchanges with the particular individual I'm speaking to. Then I might not want to bother trying to explain myself. Or if someone is so vastly underestimating my level of understanding on something and trying to introduce some basic idea that I considered and incorporated into my thinking numerous steps ago, assuming I've never thought of it. I tend to find that insulting, and might easily get snippy or shut down in that case.
    Yeah, like I said, I can only ever imagine responding like that if I don't see the point of investing any thought in it, which is an odd rarity, or indeed if I don't expect the other person to be capable of a certain level of understanding, based on previous encounters where I had already attempted to reach such understanding but failed.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

  4. #64
    Happy Dancer uumlau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so
    Posts
    5,708

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by apantsy View Post
    This drives me crazy about my ENTP husband. And it drives him equally crazy that he makes a point and I'm like "why do you think that? what's your evidence?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Hmm. I wouldn't see myself resorting to such shabby arguementations. Unless! the issue isn't an issue at all from my point of view.
    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    me neither, that doesent sound much like INTP thing, more like IXTJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Yeah, like I said, I can only ever imagine responding like that if I don't see the point of investing any thought in it, which is an odd rarity, or indeed if I don't expect the other person to be capable of a certain level of understanding, based on previous encounters where I had already attempted to reach such understanding but failed.
    I think this last bit hits close to the mark. It isn't that INTPs are "like that", but there are particular situations (that are all too common) where they can be "like that".

    In my experience, if you have the friendship or at least a reasonable degree of mutual trust and respect, the Ti dom will explain his thinking to you, possibly with more detail than you'd ever want to hear.

    But if there is a reason for lack of trust, especially if it feels to the Ti dom that the other person is putting pressure on him to say something, the discussion devolves to Ti just presenting conclusions without explanation or reasons why the conclusion is a good idea. In particular, I've seen this in software development discussions where the INTPs are all too happy to listen to your arguments for your ideas and shoot them down, but they will keep their cards close to the chest with respect to discussing the reasoning behind their own ideas.

    I don't think it's a typical Ti behavior, but I suspect it's a common stress point.

    So, to apantsy, I'd suggest that you make sure you aren't asking for your husband's reasoning in a harsh or stressful way. Tone down the delivery and make it clear that his ideas are welcome, as opposed to a potential point of conflict.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

    A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

Similar Threads

  1. Help to type my friend who is an xxFP!
    By katieoddsocks in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-09-2016, 11:38 AM
  2. Jack white is an ENFP?
    By GarrotTheThief in forum Celebrity Personality Types
    Replies: 84
    Last Post: 10-31-2014, 03:01 PM
  3. [ENFP] Is it possible to be an Introvert who is an ENFP?
    By Elfboy in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 11-15-2010, 02:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO