User Tag List

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ?

Default Totally confusing spot right now about jobs

I'm in a totally confusing spot and need some help. I don't even know how it happened.

I've posted a few times before on how important it is for ENFPs to move out of the house after college or in their 20's and start their own lives. It hadn't happened yet due to the economy so I've been here for about a year or so now. Just recently, I was talking to a former professor from college who told me his friend's company was looking for a college grad and he said he'd recommend me for it. But it's a finance job that involves lots of heavy statistical modeling and research.

Maybe I'm being immature by even debating whether or not to take this? I mean, it's practically a godsend. I've been complaining all year about being stuck here at home and when an opportunity like this comes along, i'm suddenly unsure of my resolve.

It pays enough for me to move out. Not enough to eat out every night (or even every week) but definitely something I can scrounge by on. My logical voice is telling me to bite the bullet, accept the job, and make my next move to something i really want after I take this. I think it's my ENFP-side that's telling me to wait it out and that the perfect job will eventually come for me.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I'd go for the job. It provides a sure source of income. You can move out and have more freedom and you can still look for a better job if you choose to do so.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    ISFJ

Can you quit whenever you want? If so, go for the job man.

Wait, have I just described an ENFPs MO for any and everything in life?!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ?

Yes I can quit but the problem is that I'm worrying about my professor's reputation if the guy he recommends quits after only a few weeks or months/ so if I do this I want to give the company at least a full year so that I'm not just taking advantage of them.

I'm just being immature. Of course I should take this job. Staying home is definitely the worse alternative at this point. Jeez, it's such an obvious solution, why do I keep second guessing myself?

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by RobinsonCrusoe View Post
    Yes I can quit but the problem is that I'm worrying about my professor's reputation if the guy he recommends quits after only a few weeks or months/ so if I do this I want to give the company at least a full year so that I'm not just taking advantage of them.

I'm just being immature. Of course I should take this job. Staying home is definitely the worse alternative at this point. Jeez, it's such an obvious solution, why do I keep second guessing myself?
    Don't ignore it! If you have a bad a feeling about it, it's for good reason.

Don't ever make or not make a career choice based on guilt. I understand the concern very well. It might even be enough for me personally to not take the job. I need freedom to do what I want when I want, without affecting others too much.