• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How high/low is your energy level?

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
Maybe it's tied to motivation, maybe it's not. Some people just seem to bounce off the walls all day. I have always had low energy level and somewhat struggle with it. It doesn't seem to be uncommon for introverts, including infps. I do love to socialize with people I am comfortable with though so I have gone through times when even after working 9 plus hours, I can come home, jump in the shower and set off again. But only for low-key hang-outs, none of those wild parties with strangers, eek.

I am curious to hear about your general routines, how much you accomplish in a day, how much is 'normal', what you do for more energy... I do have some bad habits I need to get rid of that makes my naturally mellow energy worse. Some people gets up at six and just keeps going.

P

Phantonym

I can accomplish a lot when I have a lot to do during the day. Getting wrapped up in something and losing track of time in a good way when there is a continuous flow of either interesting things to do or things that don't cause me much frustration. This kind of thing can give me energy.

On other days everything seems to be irritating and I start to procrastinate in defiance. However, that can be draining as well.

I guess my "normal" mode is mostly low energy, or a state where energy isn't really a problem since I don't notice a surplus or lack of it. I have a super stable life at the moment, considering the lack of really frustrating external factors that might mess with my energy in a negative way. I get drained mostly by what's going on in my internal battlefield. But it's more like a gentle fluctuation, rather than the "spikes".

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
My energy is low due to being stressed and my endocrine system being in poor shape. I'll be grateful to get 5-10 things done in a day some days.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I can accomplish a lot when I have a lot to do during the day. Getting wrapped up in something and losing track of time in a good way when there is a continuous flow of either interesting things to do or things that don't cause me much frustration. This kind of thing can give me energy.

How do you lose track of time, what happens for you to get that way? Is this a zone thing?

P

Phantonym

How do you lose track of time, what happens for you to get that way? Is this a zone thing?

Yes, it is a zone thing. One thing leads to another, so I guess the thought of things being too draining doesn't have a chance to enter my mind at that particular time. When it catches up, it can have a double negative impact as well. It's like winding a spring, I guess.

PuddleRiver

It's always something...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
It can practically take an act of God to get me moving sometimes, but once moving, I gogogogogogogo until I get what I want to accomplish...accomplished. Ya know? I'm a strong J. Got to get it done.

And...what Sky said. Getting wrapped up in something that I find interesting can energize me for hours.

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'm afraid I'm extremely low on energy. I have no idea how other people manage it. I almost never leave the house unless I absolutely have to. My perfect 'alone' day consists of lying around, drinking tea and curling up with a thick book :blush:

The whole point of going out (on a date, etc.) is to be able to come back and talk about it afterward... Nothing beats light music and conversation :blush:

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Yes, it is a zone thing. One thing leads to another, so I guess the thought of things being too draining doesn't have a chance to enter my mind at that particular time. When it catches up, it can have a double negative impact as well. It's like winding a spring, I guess.

I asked because I do this too. :)
Is it like a recharging energy from external stimuli?

That brings me to your catching up bit, are you saying that if you don't release your stress, you wind up like a spring and then your tension and restless energy increases?

P

Phantonym

My perfect 'alone' day consists of lying around, drinking tea and curling up with a thick book :blush:
:hifive:

Is it like a recharging energy from external stimuli?

That brings me to your catching up bit, are you saying that if you don't release your stress, you wind up like a spring and then your tension and restless energy increases?

Yes, exactly. I differentiate between the kind of energy I can get from it. It depends on what kind of thing I get zoned in. If it is something I do for my own pleasure, searching for information or being creative or just thinking about stuff, the external stimuli becomes like a nice comforting cocoon so that there is the environment for internal relaxation. Through this I can get a different kind of energy than, let's say, from getting wrapped up in work-related projects. The problem solving, brainstorming, completion of projects is positive, the energy itself is intense, but it also fades faster...and while it is fulfilling, it doesn't really aid with the kind of internal relaxation...it's more wired.

And I would guess that not releasing stress elevates it mostly for everybody...sooner or later. :D

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Yes, exactly. I differentiate between the kind of energy I can get from it. It depends on what kind of thing I get zoned in. If it is something I do for my own pleasure, searching for information or being creative or just thinking about stuff, the external stimuli becomes like a nice comforting cocoon so that there is the environment for internal relaxation. Through this I can get a different kind of energy than, let's say, from getting wrapped up in work-related projects. The problem solving, brainstorming, completion of projects is positive, the energy itself is intense, but it also fades faster...and while it is fulfilling, it doesn't really aid with the kind of internal relaxation...it's more wired.

And I would guess that not releasing stress elevates it mostly for everybody...sooner or later. :D

Does giving more energy than you have drain you? So then satisfying experiences still drain energy away and still would need to recharge in the zone?
How do you feel good and energized in the absence of being in the zone? Is it possible, whats the deal with the cocoon bit, is that like hibernation.
How do you release stress to gain energy and feel relaxed?

P

Phantonym

Does giving more energy than you have drain you?

In most cases, yes. Unless I can get it in return either from positive experiences or highly energetic people around me. It's like mutual give and take, mooching off of other people's energy. Giving out more energy than I have can also create a momentary effect of receiving a surge of energy but it is unstable and can be more draining than usual. None of this happens on command though, it depends on my mood at the time. At the end of the day, you'd still be absolutely beat.

In some cases the mind would still be up for going on, but the body fails. :D

So then satisfying experiences still drain energy away and still would need to recharge in the zone?

Yes. Recharging and taking time away for oneself is still a must, you couldn't keep on going for long without it even though you might get the surges of energy. That's my experience anyway.

How do you feel good and energized in the absence of being in the zone? Is it possible, whats the deal with the cocoon bit, is that like hibernation.

To put it simply, I don't. Living without getting into one is manageable for a while, but that's where the wound up spring analogy comes into play again...the double negative effect...stress levels increase, energy levels drop and drop and drop...

And yes, hibernation is a good way of explaining it.

How do you release stress to gain energy and feel relaxed?

Super-duper introvert mode. :laugh: Like 21% said, lying around, enjoying whatever you enjoy during your "alone" time. :D But too much of a good stuff doesn't end up well either, it can also start to drain you.

Plus, physical exercise, plenty of sleep, balanced diet...helps to maintain the stress levels on the low end and also they're a good way of releasing stress.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
In most cases, yes. Unless I can get it in return either from positive experiences or highly energetic people around me. It's like mutual give and take, mooching off of other people's energy. Giving out more energy than I have can also create a momentary effect of receiving a surge of energy but it is unstable and can be more draining than usual. None of this happens on command though, it depends on my mood at the time. At the end of the day, you'd still be absolutely beat.

In some cases the mind would still be up for going on, but the body fails. :D

So then you mooch off other peoples energy so that you can feel even more moochtastic or something.
Does that mean bouncing off the surge of energy to replenish your energy and feel less drained and more refreshed from feeling relaxed?
Why is being in the mood so important in relation to energy?

Yes. Recharging and taking time away for oneself is still a must, you couldn't keep on going for long without it even though you might get the surges of energy. That's my experience anyway.

Super-duper introvert mode. :laugh: Like 21% said, lying around, enjoying whatever you enjoy during your "alone" time. :D But too much of a good stuff doesn't end up well either, it can also start to drain you.

Plus, physical exercise, plenty of sleep, balanced diet...helps to maintain the stress levels on the low end and also they're a good way of releasing stress.

Well that explains it. :smile:
I had to do something like that too where I just totally stopped taking calls and answering anyone for weeks on end and just started chilling to detox from the overwhelming stress to get back to feeling unstressed.

Yeah true in can lead to too much rumination and not enough spontaneity and can probably lead to anxieties and amplify some habits that are conterproductive like procrastination. :D

P

Phantonym

So then you mooch off other peoples energy so that you can feel even more moochtastic or something.

Abso-moochtastic-lutely!!! :D But I can also energize people in return when my mood is good and I feel energetic, so it's mostly a collaboration of sorts. Even if people don't realize it. Hopefully I'm not an energy-vampire. :devil:

Does that mean bouncing off the surge of energy to replenish your energy and feel less drained and more refreshed from feeling relaxed?

Reading that sentence sucked me dry. Cannot...connect...the dots...must...mooch...:D

Why is being in the mood so important in relation to energy?

Good mood creates energy, it helps to concentrate on the positive, diminishes the visible negativity, everything seems to be brighter, the positives pop out of the crowd of negatives, sort of, so it's easier to feel positive. It also draws in positive people and creates synergy, so mooching is easier. :laugh:

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
To the op.
My energy level has been extremely high always. But, during recent years, it's been decreasing, a lot. Maybe it's because of my age (30+) or maybe it's something else, I don't know. I do miss high energy levels, because it's mostly fun. It can also be quite frustrating if there is nothing interesting to spend your energy to.

I usually accomplish a lot, at work and at home. I do usually many things at the same time and manage to finish most of them too. But when I have no deadlines, I'm not inspired, I don't feel appreciated or have a bad mood or something like that , I don't accomplish anything at all. I just hang around (like now, lol).

I have no idea from where my energy comes from. I mean I've been like this all of my life. My high energy level exhausts many people with low energy level but sometimes I can see that my energy level makes other energetic too, like I'm spreading the joy of energy around, lol.

Regarding to my own energy, I spend it freely, I don't "save" any energy for the next day or some event. It comes and it goes, freely.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Abso-moochtastic-lutely!!! :D But I can also energize people in return when my mood is good and I feel energetic, so it's mostly a collaboration of sorts. Even if people don't realize it. Hopefully I'm not an energy-vampire. :devil:

Reading that sentence sucked me dry. Cannot...connect...the dots...must...mooch...:D

Good mood creates energy, it helps to concentrate on the positive, diminishes the visible negativity, everything seems to be brighter, the positives pop out of the crowd of negatives, sort of, so it's easier to feel positive. It also draws in positive people and creates synergy, so mooching is easier. :laugh:

So there is some kind of mooch'o'meter? :D

Say would good moods create energy where you are feeling more energetic to do more without having to recharge in a zone. And then is that how maintaining energy levels helps with a relaxed mood also? How can you avoid absorbing the wrong energies and re-translating the right energies to feel good?

I seem to have an issue where I absorb peoples energies usually the draining kind and get drained. As in the negative kind, its like practiced so often that now I'm trying to learn to absorb positive energy and restructure the reference in energy distribution.

Hahah much like a heater during a cold day, warm energy to remove the chills. Its not like batteries is it?

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I have lots of energy when it comes to fun. I can go without sleep for 2 days straight if it means having fun for 2 days straight.

If it involves work though...I'm very low energy. That applies to daily routine too.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I have pretty good energy level for an introvert. Not so much for parties and social things but for just about everything else. Most of the time, when I get up, I'm excited about the things I'm going to that day and I'm rearing to go. Of course I usually end up thinking I'm going to do more than I can possibly accomplish.

mr.awesome

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
my motivation/energy is so sporadic. i often get in wild hi-energy moods and start re-assembling my living/bedroom. about an hour or two into the process im laying on my couch looking at the mess i created and after about a week ill have it set up again. haha its terrible.
im a very low energy person.