User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

Default How high/low is your energy level?

Maybe it's tied to motivation, maybe it's not. Some people just seem to bounce off the walls all day. I have always had low energy level and somewhat struggle with it. It doesn't seem to be uncommon for introverts, including infps. I do love to socialize with people I am comfortable with though so I have gone through times when even after working 9 plus hours, I can come home, jump in the shower and set off again. But only for low-key hang-outs, none of those wild parties with strangers, eek.

I am curious to hear about your general routines, how much you accomplish in a day, how much is 'normal', what you do for more energy... I do have some bad habits I need to get rid of that makes my naturally mellow energy worse. Some people gets up at six and just keeps going.

Phantonym

I can accomplish a lot when I have a lot to do during the day. Getting wrapped up in something and losing track of time in a good way when there is a continuous flow of either interesting things to do or things that don't cause me much frustration. This kind of thing can give me energy.

On other days everything seems to be irritating and I start to procrastinate in defiance. However, that can be draining as well.

I guess my "normal" mode is mostly low energy, or a state where energy isn't really a problem since I don't notice a surplus or lack of it. I have a super stable life at the moment, considering the lack of really frustrating external factors that might mess with my energy in a negative way. I get drained mostly by what's going on in my internal battlefield. But it's more like a gentle fluctuation, rather than the "spikes".

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

My energy is low due to being stressed and my endocrine system being in poor shape. I'll be grateful to get 5-10 things done in a day some days.

Glycerine

I'm a fairly low energy level ENFJ.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    I can accomplish a lot when I have a lot to do during the day. Getting wrapped up in something and losing track of time in a good way when there is a continuous flow of either interesting things to do or things that don't cause me much frustration. This kind of thing can give me energy.
    How do you lose track of time, what happens for you to get that way? Is this a zone thing?

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by Synapse View Post
    How do you lose track of time, what happens for you to get that way? Is this a zone thing?
    Yes, it is a zone thing. One thing leads to another, so I guess the thought of things being too draining doesn't have a chance to enter my mind at that particular time. When it catches up, it can have a double negative impact as well. It's like winding a spring, I guess.

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

It can practically take an act of God to get me moving sometimes, but once moving, I gogogogogogogo until I get what I want to accomplish...accomplished. Ya know? I'm a strong J. Got to get it done.

And...what Sky said. Getting wrapped up in something that I find interesting can energize me for hours.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I'm afraid I'm extremely low on energy. I have no idea how other people manage it. I almost never leave the house unless I absolutely have to. My perfect 'alone' day consists of lying around, drinking tea and curling up with a thick book

The whole point of going out (on a date, etc.) is to be able to come back and talk about it afterward... Nothing beats light music and conversation
    4w5 sp/sx EII

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    Yes, it is a zone thing. One thing leads to another, so I guess the thought of things being too draining doesn't have a chance to enter my mind at that particular time. When it catches up, it can have a double negative impact as well. It's like winding a spring, I guess.
    I asked because I do this too.
    Is it like a recharging energy from external stimuli?

That brings me to your catching up bit, are you saying that if you don't release your stress, you wind up like a spring and then your tension and restless energy increases?

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by 21% View Post
    My perfect 'alone' day consists of lying around, drinking tea and curling up with a thick book

Quote Originally Posted by Synapse View Post
    Is it like a recharging energy from external stimuli?

That brings me to your catching up bit, are you saying that if you don't release your stress, you wind up like a spring and then your tension and restless energy increases?
    Yes, exactly. I differentiate between the kind of energy I can get from it. It depends on what kind of thing I get zoned in. If it is something I do for my own pleasure, searching for information or being creative or just thinking about stuff, the external stimuli becomes like a nice comforting cocoon so that there is the environment for internal relaxation. Through this I can get a different kind of energy than, let's say, from getting wrapped up in work-related projects. The problem solving, brainstorming, completion of projects is positive, the energy itself is intense, but it also fades faster...and while it is fulfilling, it doesn't really aid with the kind of internal relaxation...it's more wired.

And I would guess that not releasing stress elevates it mostly for everybody...sooner or later.