• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How high/low is your energy level?

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
enneagram 4 is seriously low energy (ie dopamine motivational energy). 4w5s and 5w4s are generally the worst. we gain a lot of energy from our thoughts, anxieties, hallucinations, visions, etc. they pump up our adrenaline response and we get excited about our ideas for good and bad but not so much the doing of them. it takes a lot of energy to tidy up our mental rooms, and we tend to overlearn from our experiences (which requires so much processing energy, stewing, etc). sx and sp subtype stackings demand a certain level of slowness to compensate for intense bursts.

Froody Blue Gem

Necromancing Scapelamb
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My energy level can really vary and is all over the place. Some people may say it's abnormal, and there are certain things I attribute it to that I will not go into. In order to maintain it, coffee comes into play in the morning, and some may say it was never natural to begin with. I'm always working towards goals, or getting everything in that I can, so I suppose energy goes into that. Though I need time to think about what I'm going to do, and there is a certain energy to how my brain comes up with ideas, or may stay on an idea for a given amount of time and focus.

Even on moderate energy, I can operate pretty well. I may have more energy than I appear to have on the outside, my mind can be racing and coming up with random ideas while on the outside, I'm just quiet and have a blank expression. I may have a certain calm to me at certain points, and at other points I can be energetic and jokey with people who I am comfortable with. At the workplace, I don't show my hyper side because there really isn't any place for it.

Tengri

I've always had high energy and stamina and I attribute this to my parents, both of which are fairly driven, energetic people, and my grandfather who is has a mind as restless and curious as his need to always keep his hands and thoughts occupied. While strenuous or challenging physical activity is invigorating to me, I find very basic social situations - like sitting in a classroom for an hour, biding my time in a waiting room, browsing a supermarket or department store (IKEA saps my will to live), or sitting through some sort of political speech, academic lecture, religious service - immensely exhausting and need to recluse under my rock for a day to recharge my reserves. That said, interviews, dates or meeting a significant other's family, small get-togethers, family and close friend parties, playing with kids and animals are all emotionally rewarding and energizing in most cases. At work, I tend to be the type to take on extra tasks or willingly commit to busywork simple to stave off boredom from lack of something productive to do - or volunteer my efforts because it's honestly more efficient to chip in. In my downtime, I am always pursuing some personal interest whether it be by reading, researching, collecting, organizing or keeping hobbies or trying new ones. For instance, I have trouble sitting through most TV shows not because they are predictable or blase, but because it is not an active, participatory experience that say a theater or live performance is for mutual reception.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
I've always been very high energy but lately I have been exhausted. I know that my kidney is not doing great but I don't think that's it because I don't feel sick or anything. It's been quite sunny and warm so I don't think it's low vitamin D again.
Sometimes I become inexplicably tired during the change of seasons but usually only summer to fall. Has anyone else experienced this or know if it's actually a thing?

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My energy level is [SUB]looooooow.[/SUB] I've tried to figure out why over the years. I hoped to grow out of it. I hoped it would pass as depression passed. I hoped that it was an easily fixed health issue. I hoped meds would help. No. I've given up on trying to change it.

Zhaylin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If my energy was just a smidge lower, I would be dead. I, seriously, barely have enough energy to breathe.
It was such a problem, when my kids were younger, that they were taken for a time by CPS because [tl;dr] I couldn't keep the house clean or make sure they went to school.
I have sleep disorders,which complicate things (and weren't discovered until a couple years ago).
I'm supposed to be on CPAP but it triggers TMJ+extreme migraines.
I take Provigil (a stimulant). It keeps me awake, but that's about it.
My thyroid and vitamin levels are always okay (though either B or D tend to run a little low).

Despite all that, if I'm not sitting on my legs, I bounce them at a marathon runners pace :rofl1: And my brain rarely shuts up unless I distract it.
I don't have much problems with religious services or intellectual events (if it's something I'm interested in). If I'm there in person, I take so many notes I could fill journals. Though... when my problems were at their worst, I did fall asleep during religious services. I kept writing notes in my sleep lol "God... milk..." was something I wrote that my kids still pick on me about. I've fallen asleep while driving.
I can switch to auto-pilot for a while before "passing out".