• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NFs and impending danger

MBTI Type
Mann
I was just wondering if any other NFs get a feeling when something bad is pending. If so any stories you wouldn't mind sharing?

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I'm type 6.. Life is impending danger.

Ni,Si,Ne and Se all conspire to send danger signals, even when none exist.

Only Ti can save me, or an Ni perceptive shift which can be tricky if an Ni perceptive shift is what is causing the fear of impending danger in the first place.

The price I pay for having an imagination.. At least life is rarely boring.

KDude

Almost sixth sense like... it's a hellish feeling. I don't know how to put it more than that. I think I'm too paranoid for my own good sometimes, but I think it's helped me. Sometimes there's an objective confirmation that I was right, but generally speaking, I've survived longer than others I've known because I somehow followed the right signs and nuances. Omens even. I mean, quite a few friends are dead, and several in prison.. it's kind of dramatic. I can't think of any situation where I pushed things like they did. I might be SP for even dabbling with danger to begin with, but I consider myself NF.

Unlike Arclight though, my life has been "boring" for a long time. I'm more into the whole "danger prevention" business now. :cool:

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Almost sixth sense like... it's a hellish feeling. I don't know how to put it more than that. I think I'm too paranoid for my own good sometimes, but I think it's helped me. Sometimes there's an objective confirmation that I was right, but generally speaking, I've survived longer than others I've known because I somehow followed the right signs and nuances. Omens even. I mean, quite a few friends are dead, and several in prison.. it's kind of dramatic. I can't think of any situation where I pushed things like they did. I might be SP for even dabbling with danger to begin with, but I consider myself NF.

Unlike Arclight though, my life has been "boring" for a long time. I'm more into the whole "danger prevention" business now. :cool:

I was kind of politely saying my imagination gets me into trouble, trouble brings drama, and drama is rarely boring.. it's just not at all desired. :laugh:

melissa27

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I was just wondering if any other NFs get a feeling when something bad is pending. If so any stories you wouldn't mind sharing?

For me it's a sense of fear/ dread/ impending sense of doom, and I tend to feel it in my stomach

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I don't fear or obsess over any event that might happen.

Only over events that might not. So the impending danger of unfulfillment is constant.

Random Ness

Yes, as Arclight says, life is an impending danger.

However, usually none of it actually comes true.

No, fellow NFs, we're not psychic. :(

Last edited:

paradox fox

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I basically only get that feeling when it comes to people. Recently there was a guy I really liked, and he liked me, but the moment I met him I knew something about him was off. I pursued a relationship with him but I knew I couldn't trust him fully. So I invested my emotions in him very carefully. It became clear he only wanted my body, and I told him it wasn't going to work like that. Now, less than a year after he decided he was done with me, he's married to some girl he barely knows, has no friends, and completely ruined his reputation. He had so much potential, and he threw it all away. My life could be ruined right now, just like his. I feel like I dodged a bullet. I'm not psychic, of course, but I'm never questioning my intuition again.

Lily flower

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Although I am extremely intuitive, I have found that those feelings of "doom" tend to be very untrustworthy. I used to feel like I had to act on them (ie check up on people if I had the feelings about them), but now I realize that it is probably a physiological thing.

When I trust my intuition and am able to avoid a bad situation, etc., it is almost always the result of making choices that I didn't think out - they just happened. An example of this was one time when I drove home a different way and avoided a large accident. I didn't choose to drive home a differnt way because of my feelings' I just did it on more of a "whim," which I believe was probably God's guidance.

Hopelandic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
me
I think I might be a six, because i'm oversensitive to things going wrong, and I imagine the worst possible outcome coming to effect all the time.

I remember one time my father was late home from work, and even though he called and said he was busy there, I knew something was up and it was bad. And it turned out to be. Once he called from work and I could sense from his voice something was up, and I had a bad feeling the goodbye he said would be the last one. I never asked him about it, but I think I was right; something tragic was on the verge of occurring, and it didn't quite come to manifest.

It's come to my attention that i've recently been over estimating the potential for troubles and issues in my job. I see something, pull together a few bits of information, and see the possible effects. And I wish to take pro active and decisive measures to keep these things from happening.