User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Yeah, I'm getting a Fi-Si loop vibe from this. She focuses so much on her past mistakes it inhibits her from trying. Si is bullying Ne...

I'm also wondering if these "feelings" are a lack of motivation due to some kind of boredom - the task is not seen as valuable enough. It's REALLY hard to do something as an INFP when you don't care. It's only important because people tell you it is, but you struggle to see it - this is very true when in a Fi-Si loop, as perspective is lost.

Nolla touched on the elitist attitude an INFP may have towards some work, but it's NOT going to be obvious to someone else, and they're probably not going to admit it in those terms. They may not even realize it yet themselves. In retrospect, I see how arrogant some of my teenage laziness was....I was testing boundaries in concepts of what is important; what could I get away with? A very NP thing to do .
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

It does sound like a lack of motivation/direction issue.

I'm not familiar with your education system, so how important is completing the homework? Will it affect her future? And is her attitude towards all homework or just of a certain subject?

I remember the times when I thought to myself "Why the heck am I learning about dead people who ruled dead kingdoms hundreds of years ago?" as it doesn't relate to what I want to do in the future. Does she already have some future 'job' picked out in her mind?
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by William K View Post
    I'm not familiar with your education system, so how important is completing the homework? Will it affect her future?
    I don't know where Highlander is from..... If he's in the US, then it depends on the teacher and how they grade. I worked with a guy who said he passed all his classes just by acing tests; he never did homework. However, many people want to do more than simply "pass" a class, because, yes, it can affect your future, such as what colleges you qualify for.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Nolla touched on the elitist attitude an INFP may have towards some work, but it's NOT going to be obvious to someone else, and they're probably not going to admit it in those terms. They may not even realize it yet themselves.
    Yeah, I don't think I would admit being an elitist... It is quite clear to me, though, that especially in some circumstances it becomes obvious that I am very picky of the things I do. It has a lot to do with the environment I am in, the people... The way I come to do things I don't want to is when I hit a dead end. But this is not something that people can tell me. If I have any evidence that I can get away with not doing the boring things, I will avoid them.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I don't know where Highlander is from..... If he's in the US, then it depends on the teacher and how they grade. I worked with a guy who said he passed all his classes just by acing tests; he never did homework. However, many people want to do more than simply "pass" a class, because, yes, it can affect your future, such as what colleges you qualify for.
    US Midwest. Junior in high school. Grades directly impact what colleges and programs you get into and the caliber of students you're surrounded by. It's pretty important.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Hmmm....As a teenager, I used to beat myself up for not doing EVERYTHING, every little piece of work. It wasn't until I got to Uni, that I figured out no one else does either, they priortise, and focus on the important bits, the bits most likely to help them pass. She could be having an issue like that. This may have also had alot to with the fact that I never had to pick up a book really and study, until my last year of high school too.
    We can be kinda scattered brained, and lacking focus, combined with our ability just to soak up information, and we can rely a bit heavily on our natural abilities to pull us through, I mean seriously it's not every one who can leave writing an essay until the night before, and still get a decent mark for it. If it's a subject we love, you find we are much more willing to learn how to be disciplined, but focus isn't a strong point. I truthfully only mastered it in my final year at Uni, and I still have a dreadful decendency to read absolutely every thing on subjects that interest me, rather than working on mastery of the emphasised points.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    US Midwest. Junior in high school. Grades directly impact what colleges and programs you get into and the caliber of students you're surrounded by. It's pretty important.
    Does homework directly impact grades? Is it possible to learn it all without doing homework? The way I was in high school, the only subject I needed to do my homework for was math. Everything else was repetitive and boring as I was one of the only students to keep my ears open in the classroom.

Have her grades actually come down?

Quote Originally Posted by FireyPheonix View Post
    prioritise
    This is what she needs to do. Focus on the weakest point. I don't know how much my learning has to do with me being an INFP, but usually I did better than the rest, and I would say this is mostly because I learn things by understanding the environment the facts work in. I can't remember any facts if they are not part of a system, but when I have the idea of the system, I can add facts there easily. The problem areas are when I am left behind on some area and I don't have the system built up in my mind. Then it doesn't help to put in facts. So, I would thing that she will do just fine if she doesn't drop behind.

MBTI
    INFP

not living in a fairy tale (aka reality), nor treated as if they are.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    Does homework directly impact grades? Is it possible to learn it all without doing homework? The way I was in high school, the only subject I needed to do my homework for was math. Everything else was repetitive and boring as I was one of the only students to keep my ears open in the classroom.

Have her grades actually come down?
    Homework is a portion of the grade - like 20 or 30 percent in some classes. She's getting a very poor grade in English because she's not doing the homework. So that's worse. Discipline on getting work done has always been a problem though.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I wouldn't necessarily focus on the weakest point. I'd focus on the work worth the most marks. I'd also focus on my greatest strengths.
    It could be boredom, though, I mean I stopped showing up for some classes because I could not see the point in them what so ever, or hated the people in them, or thought the teacher was an arse.
    She could also be crashing from the pressure....some thing I did often. I'd be so scared of failing it would create a form of paralysis, and hesitation.
    And some times, I felt it was just an exercise in futility...a waste of time, otherwise known as straight out route learning. I knew it, I'd done it for the past 3-4 years, and the teachers knew I knew it. There's a lot of just doing work for the sake of it.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]