User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by EnflamedHeartofSand View Post
    Has anyone ever felt like they have given their all to someone? Been completely honest beyond the reach of words, with someone? Maybe even felt as if they had given their soul to someone else, through a sexual experience? If so, did you feel like your partner did the same? If not, how did it feel to be completely exposed, emptied of yourself, but not filled by the other?
    Yes, I can relate.

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    4w9

Quote Originally Posted by tortoise View Post
    Yes, I can relate.

and? What did it feel like?

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

I've recognized the full potential for this, but haven't had the opportunity to explore it.
    My past experiences are riddled with another sort of empty feeling, but not the one that comes when the whole of one's self is shared. It's the empty feeling from not sharing the whole of one's self.
    Otherwise, I've kept my full self to me. You can definitely do this even by kissing someone. It's the only experience that I can absolutely compare to what you're describing.
    Personally, I find it easier to lose yourself in a kiss. You're less aware of you own vulnerability, likely because there doesn't seem to be vulnerability.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by HotpinkHeatwave View Post
    I can. One person cares, 'gives themselves up', and the other person.. Doesn't give a fuck. Simple as that.
    Yeah I thought she meant for her it was this beautiful spiritual experience but not for her partner and for me it could only be experienced like that if it were shared..so I was confused but I get now it was just hypothetical so that makes more sense.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Has anyone ever felt like they have given their all to someone? Been completely honest beyond the reach of words, with someone? Maybe even felt as if they had given their soul to someone else, through a sexual experience? If so, did you feel like your partner did the same? If not, how did it feel to be completely exposed, emptied of yourself, but not filled by the other?
    I completely relate to the sexual fantasy, but have never had this mystical experience IRL. From the other posts, I'm guessing it's only a fantasy, or extremely rare, indeed.

"OMG I FEEEEEEEEEL SO INTENSELY ABOUT EVERYTHING OMG OMG OMG GET ME A XANAX" -Priam (ENFP impersonation)

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    4w9

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    Yeah I thought she meant for her it was this beautiful spiritual experience but not for her partner and for me it could only be experienced like that if it were shared..so I was confused but I get now it was just hypothetical so that makes more sense.
    Uhm, I'm a dude LadyX

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Yes, I cried the last time I had sex with my ex. I knew it was going to be the last time, even though we didn't make it official. I think he started crying when we were playing Monopoly or something, but I started crying when we had sex. I don't always do that. It was a symbolic representation of EVERYTHING we had shared (we were togther, very intensely, for years) not just because of sex.

I think it's mistake to say that sex is always this deep, emotional thing, because it's not. Of course, perhaps because I am NF (or maybe this has nothing to do with it) I do always feel a certain connection or kindness toward the person I'm with. But that deep emotional connection you only have with certain people and it's based on other things, too.

It's difficult to articulate. I honestly, verbose as I am, have a difficult time articulating it.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w2

To the OP, no. Before I was with someone I love sex was just sex.
    "I put the fires out."
    "you made them worse."
    "worse...or better?"

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    I'm protective of my inner-self because I'm not resilient and sex, to me, is to vulnerable an event to engage in with someone I don't have a strong relationship/commitment with.

I don't really experience sex as a spiritual experience, though. It's more of the mutual satisfaction of a strong physical need.

It's just one part, albeit an important one, of life and of a relationship. Not a huge deal, really.
    I'm not NF, I'm NT but this is my experience too.

Now I would say that this hasnt always been the case but it is the case now, when I was younger I had different expectations of sex, which tended to swing between the extremis of physical/recreational and spiritual/higher nature.

To be honest its part of the reason that I'm interested in the topic and also the various accounts that others, particularly younger people, make, I'm not convinced that following all the dramatic changes from repressed to entirely open that society has really got it right in terms of the messages it transmits about sex and how it helps to form peoples expectations.

That said its not succeeded in creating perfect mutual expectations in relation to life in general let alone sex.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

In case it helps (as some sort of "control" data or something -- to see what is NF and what is something other than that), I don't do the bolded part above unless my partner is already doing the same. And it's not something conscious I choose or not choose, it's just an organic unfolding from our relationship.

I've had sex that was just sex and sex just to satisfy a need, and it made me personally feel kind of dirty most of the time; I've also had sex that was a transcendent experience in alignment with the quoted paragraph.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft