• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NF play

KLessard

Aspiring Troens Ridder
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
I was wondering what kind of games you liked to play as a child? I am interested in ENFP games, but any NF can answer.
Did you like to dress up, put up a play, play with dolls, action figures, draw, play outside, get involved in sports?

KDude

Sports (somewhat aided on by my dad).. I later thought skateboarding was cooler (actually more in it's rebellious image.. I got pretty good, but deep inside, it was more vanity than activity). I liked action figures quite a bit.. except, I remember around 10 I got up off the ground one day and quit.. told my friends I needed to find some girls (which didn't happen for years btw); I loved legos and building models; reading (books/comics); drawing (especially making my own comics.. I also liked panorama scenes, where I later placed characters doing things in them..I could sit and giggle to myself for awhile doing that); riding my bike; waterparks; exploring as far as could outside the neighborhood; video games. A wide mix of indoor and outdoor stuff, I guess.

Einnas

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4~9
I used to rip the heads of my dolls and bury them my in grandma's garden every time I received a new doll

Last edited:

KDude

Ooh, I used to stuff grapes in dolls (trolls to be exact) and let them rot inside for a couple of months. Then I'd cut them open like I was performing surgery.

That's probably my only abnormal activity, I think.

tibby

MBTI Type
fool
Nice question, OP. :)

I liked very tiny detailed toys and boys' toys like dinosaurs and monsters, I disliked dolls but liked ponies.
I used to create stories, my inspiration were the nearby woods where I'd be babbling. Also, drawing and telling the story as I went on.

With friends, all outdoorsy games and roleplays.

Einnas

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4~9
I had a stuffed goblin once and one night the light from a car got reflected in the goblin's eyes. I thought it winked at me.. So the next day I grabbed the biggest kitchen knife and did what had to be done

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Judo, Gymnastics, BMXing, I didn't have many toys, i played a lot with my imagination.
I grew up with lots of boys and was a bit of a tomboy, we used to go to the park a lot together and inspect the wildlife. I also hung out at "the yard" a lot and was fascinated by Dogend's (a highly intelligent nomad who could make anything from a rusty nail and a shoelace type of guy) space shuttle.

Edit:
I was also involved in a community travelling theatre called "The little magic theatre" -aptly.
Oh and i used to love building huts in the park. At my grandmothers we used to play "out back" which was a few fields with a couple of deralict factories and a slag heap. That was an amazing place, full of fantasy.

stringstheory

THIS bitch
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
"the ground is hot lava, don't step on it"

i played lots of pretend games. My cousins and i used to make a TON of videos where we'd pretend we were all kinds of people...we made documentaries, music videos, all kinds of stuff. We'd play with dolls and action figures and would make crazy story lines for them to act out (one time we used my mom's tampons as SCUD missiles for our G.I. Joe's :alttongue:).

Once i got older, i got into a lot of role-playing and/or text based gaming.

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Oh tons of things:

-Building forts was super fun!
-Drawing princesses in ball gowns and unicorns.
-The classic game of tag and hide and go seek.
-Playing office or restaurant, we would make these elaborate set ups, fun times :).
-And all the cliche things girls would do, play barbies, cabbage patch kids, house, double dutch jump rope, the game M.A.S.H. or teddy bear land, lol.

Now I have that song in my head..."Back in the day when I was young Im not a kid anymore, but some days I sit and wish I was a kid again"

Xellotath

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Pretend. Pretend. Pretend.
I used to call it "Be what you want". In which we would take a character from anywhere and go around embodying it. THEN we would build the plotline around it.

I disliked sports, but I played with Polly Pocket and Lego. I treated Lego like dolls, though.. it was all character interaction, I was terrible at building stuff. Same with video games, I tried and tried... but I would rather watch others play and just come up with a plot based on the characters... and then project those plots on my dolls. All very fast-paced, cumulative Ne-like. Once a motif had been played out, I felt at rest.. and just came up with another one on the go...

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Primarily imaginary games. We loved to play detective and got rather elaborate with it at times.

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
I had conversations and made up stories/histories with my stuffed animals/dolls. I played teacher/mother a lot. Lots of imaginary games. I wasn't an outside-kick-the-ball-around kid. I was an inside with one close friend, quiet, well-behaved, very very imaginative one.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
Yeah I played a lot of fantasy based games too, I think a lot of kids did. The difference was that the other kids always seemed to want to play the same characters - projections of what they wanted to be. The boys always wanted to be cops or warriors and the girls pretended to be nurses, princesses or mothers. Most of them didn't even jump between socially imposed fantasies either, they just picked one and always ran with it. For example, a girl would like to play the mother figure in a family role-play; then when we would play medieval knights, she would want to play the Queen, with us being the princes. It kinda annoyed me as a child, though I never said anything about it. I thought a lot of people lacked a good imagination.

Those were probably my most common games. My INTX father didn't like video games, as he thought they were mindless and violent. He wanted me and my sister to read instead. As a result, I ended up fantasizing and thinking about video games and cartoons lol. I think a lot of my games became an outlet for my imagination.

caboose

MBTI Type
INFP
I liked playing army (still do ::)), video games, martial arts, legos, dinosaurs, exploring, and taking stories that my friends and I liked and putting ourselves into them. I didn't like sports at all, although I was on a basketball and soccer team for a little while because my parents wanted me to play them.

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
drawing, legos, video games, bike-riding, building forts in the woods

KLessard

Aspiring Troens Ridder
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
I used to rip the heads off my dolls and bury them my in grandma's garden every time I received a new doll.

I had a stuffed goblin once and one night the light from a car got reflected in the goblin's eyes. I thought it winked at me... So the next day I grabbed the biggest kitchen knife and did what had to be done.

Did you spend your childhood in shadow function? :huh:

KDude

Did you spend your childhood in shadow function? :huh:

child-looking-suspicious-by-house-fire.jpg

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
I liked to build stuff. I played a lot in the forest. I liked hide-and-seek type of games. Like the one with flashlights, it was fun. I drew very detailed fight scenes (Westerns, space ships, pirates), and I guess it was a game for me to go to the warehouse we had on the back yard and read science magazines for hours. Math used to be too, but then they started teaching it when I got to school and it became boring.

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I played imaginary games as well. Two of my favorites were Chef (cooking with the leaves and dirt outside) and the "Pretend Things Are Other Things" game. We weren't very well-off, so my imagination more than served its purpose in my adolescence. I never felt without. I was also a very girly tomboy. For instance, I liked to run and shout and wrestle while playing with bubbles sometimes. It was one of my absolute favorite things to do! I'm not sure how I reconciled the two, but I was a kid. I'm sure most kids were like me.

I also liked to paint and put on shows for my family. :)

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
Video games, pretend, basketball, and fuck with the pets.