123 Last

Thread: NF play

Aspiring Troens Ridder KLessard's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

Smile NF play

I was wondering what kind of games you liked to play as a child? I am interested in ENFP games, but any NF can answer.
    Did you like to dress up, put up a play, play with dolls, action figures, draw, play outside, get involved in sports?

Sports (somewhat aided on by my dad).. I later thought skateboarding was cooler (actually more in it's rebellious image.. I got pretty good, but deep inside, it was more vanity than activity). I liked action figures quite a bit.. except, I remember around 10 I got up off the ground one day and quit.. told my friends I needed to find some girls (which didn't happen for years btw); I loved legos and building models; reading (books/comics); drawing (especially making my own comics.. I also liked panorama scenes, where I later placed characters doing things in them..I could sit and giggle to myself for awhile doing that); riding my bike; waterparks; exploring as far as could outside the neighborhood; video games. A wide mix of indoor and outdoor stuff, I guess.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4~9

I used to rip the heads of my dolls and bury them my in grandma's garden every time I received a new doll
    Last edited by Einnas; 09-25-2010 at 06:14 PM. Reason: forgot a word
    "...Have you fallen in love with the wrong person yet?"
    Jace said, "Unfortunately, Lady of the Haven, my one true love remains myself."
    "At least," she said, "you don't have to worry about rejection, Jace Wayland"
    "Not necessarily. I turn myself down occasionally, just to keep it interesting"

- The City Of Bones

Here is my blog where I post my thoughts and feelings. Please have a go and comment if you like.

Ooh, I used to stuff grapes in dolls (trolls to be exact) and let them rot inside for a couple of months. Then I'd cut them open like I was performing surgery.

That's probably my only abnormal activity, I think.

MBTI
    fool

Nice question, OP.

I liked very tiny detailed toys and boys' toys like dinosaurs and monsters, I disliked dolls but liked ponies.
    I used to create stories, my inspiration were the nearby woods where I'd be babbling. Also, drawing and telling the story as I went on.

With friends, all outdoorsy games and roleplays.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4~9

I had a stuffed goblin once and one night the light from a car got reflected in the goblin's eyes. I thought it winked at me.. So the next day I grabbed the biggest kitchen knife and did what had to be done
    "...Have you fallen in love with the wrong person yet?"
    Jace said, "Unfortunately, Lady of the Haven, my one true love remains myself."
    "At least," she said, "you don't have to worry about rejection, Jace Wayland"
    "Not necessarily. I turn myself down occasionally, just to keep it interesting"

- The City Of Bones

Here is my blog where I post my thoughts and feelings. Please have a go and comment if you like.

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Judo, Gymnastics, BMXing, I didn't have many toys, i played a lot with my imagination.
    I grew up with lots of boys and was a bit of a tomboy, we used to go to the park a lot together and inspect the wildlife. I also hung out at "the yard" a lot and was fascinated by Dogend's (a highly intelligent nomad who could make anything from a rusty nail and a shoelace type of guy) space shuttle.

Edit:
    I was also involved in a community travelling theatre called "The little magic theatre" -aptly.
    Oh and i used to love building huts in the park. At my grandmothers we used to play "out back" which was a few fields with a couple of deralict factories and a slag heap. That was an amazing place, full of fantasy.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    EII

"the ground is hot lava, don't step on it"

i played lots of pretend games. My cousins and i used to make a TON of videos where we'd pretend we were all kinds of people...we made documentaries, music videos, all kinds of stuff. We'd play with dolls and action figures and would make crazy story lines for them to act out (one time we used my mom's tampons as SCUD missiles for our G.I. Joe's ).

Once i got older, i got into a lot of role-playing and/or text based gaming.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Introverted Feeling (46.7)
    Extraverted Intuition (45.7)
    Introverted Intuition (37.5)
    Introverted Thinking(26.5)
    Extraverted Feeling (25.4)
    Extraverted Thinking (22.1)
    Extraverted Sensing (19.5)
    Introverted Sensing (17.0)

Oh tons of things:

-Building forts was super fun!
    -Drawing princesses in ball gowns and unicorns.
    -The classic game of tag and hide and go seek.
    -Playing office or restaurant, we would make these elaborate set ups, fun times .
    -And all the cliche things girls would do, play barbies, cabbage patch kids, house, double dutch jump rope, the game M.A.S.H. or teddy bear land, lol.

Now I have that song in my head..."Back in the day when I was young Im not a kid anymore, but some days I sit and wish I was a kid again"
    Fe | Ni | Se | Ti ... 3w4 ... Lawful Neutral ... Johari -Nohari

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    IEE

Pretend. Pretend. Pretend.
    I used to call it "Be what you want". In which we would take a character from anywhere and go around embodying it. THEN we would build the plotline around it.

I disliked sports, but I played with Polly Pocket and Lego. I treated Lego like dolls, though.. it was all character interaction, I was terrible at building stuff. Same with video games, I tried and tried... but I would rather watch others play and just come up with a plot based on the characters... and then project those plots on my dolls. All very fast-paced, cumulative Ne-like. Once a motif had been played out, I felt at rest.. and just came up with another one on the go...

"Neurotic, ha!"
    I let out a scornful laugh.
    "If neurotic is wanting two mutually exclusive things at one and the same time, then I'm neurotic as hell.
    I'll be flying back and forth between one mutually exclusive thing and another for the rest of my days.
    "

— Sylvia Plath, The Bell Jar.