INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

Hm...

-all kind of card and board games
    -video games
    -whatever young children do outside (seek and hide and whatever)

When I was very young, I played some kind of role games, often probably alone but I remember I involved my mother at least once too. But really, I think there was no board or card game that I did not like to play, you could give me just any and I would like to play it.

I did not like very much sports, though.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

My NF playfulness is starting to show, I knew it was there somewhere, taking its sweet time.

I would have to say there are a few kinds.

There is the introvert kind.

A penchant for imagination which entails experiencing an inner world within an inner world and then the inner landscape is where the creative energy happens and lets loose in unimaginable ways, its awesome.

Then there is the outer expression where I tended to let my imagination create for me and play the "those horrible rhinoceros people and friends" I let my imagination change the less than ideal situations into a whole lot of fun.

Yes the computer games if you must, though I remember it was much cooler when I was playing bubble bobble with my female friends rather than me playing dungeons and dragons. Why I was so oblivious, I swear.

Then there is my extroverted play. Role playing, while I wasn't terribly good at it, I certainly let the imagination go there. Used to take tv shows and role play them with friends and it was very great fun.

As was the board games, some were passed on from my country and fun, NF play is inventive. I had good moments there.

Then there is the social kind, where I played sports like games with my friends as you do when young. soccer, athletics etc

MBTI
    INFJ

Uno, Monopoly, Scrabble, Pictionary...

Pretend games, hide and seek, hopscotch, and I miss playing tag! Hahaha!

Videogames (with my guy neighbours and cousins, and sometimes uncle...)

Some sports like badminton, soccer, basketball...

Dancing (with my sister and girl neighbours...)

Sketching out imaginary stuff, writing 'songs' (hahaha!)

I'm pretty sure there's more...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

good lord almighty. more like what didn't i play.

well, first of all, i loved playing on the swings with my mom and going on exploratory "adventures" in the backyard and in the park. i loooved nature, and had a penchant for moss and periwinkle flowers. built a treehouse (as in, actually up in a tree, not the kind you see in playsets) with my dad.

i've always drawn, usually girls in fantasy lands, and pretty much any arts-and-craftsy things. i had a set of hot wheels cars that i LOVED (i'd get so pissed off when they gave me happy meals with a mini-barbie in them), but i did have dolls too, that i played imaginary games with. i loved to swim, play soccer, dance, skate, rock climb, do gymnastics.

besides that... lincoln logs, knex, board games, had a set of plastic animal figurines that i loved, and watching 90s nickelodeon. i kind of forgot that i was a pretty big tomboy for a while, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by stringstheory View Post
    "the ground is hot lava, don't step on it"
    that too.

Rainy Day Member Ingrid in grids's Avatar

Cute thread. I liked the responses.

I wasn't a very active kid. Team sport and rough play generally frightened me. I didn't really know how to join in. I remember being frustrated because it seemed to come naturally to all the other kids and I couldn't throw myself into the play it and "be silly".

I didn't have many dolls. Unlike my sister (ESFJ) who had collected over 50 barbies (all to one lucky Ken, LOL) and lovingly washed each of their outfits on clothesline, I had a pantless Amazon barbie without hands who I didn't really care for much.

I had some other toys - a rabbit and a duck. I played "schools" a lot with them. I generally made them take spelling tests (I actually found one the other day - all filled out with a few deliberate mistakes). One time I bought a disposable camera and took their class photos in my garden.

In general, I didn't play as much as the other kids. I was a pretty serious kid. I read, I wrote and I drew. My playfulness surfaced with age!

Quote Originally Posted by KLessard View Post
    I was wondering what kind of games you liked to play as a child? I am interested in ENFP games, but any NF can answer.
    Did you like to dress up, put up a play, play with dolls, action figures, draw, play outside, get involved in sports?
    Dress up sometimes because I had sisters, but I'd always go for the strangeness factor. Mixing items that no one would think to mix, wearing things in different places to where they were usually worn, etc.

I think we may have put on plays, but I don't remember. I never played with dolls or action figures really. I had lots of stuffed toys though, and was quite attached to some of them. Hated when they got lost of mistreated.

Sport probably dominated though and is still an obsession. I learnt and played quite a wide range of sports when I was young, and used to drag my father out to practice with him.

I also liked adventures, going to the forest, coming up with schemes and plans, science experiments, games in the street. Plus astronomy, trains, geography, chess, maths, cards, board games, just exploring in general.

And I thought that I saw bears in the backyard and UFOs flying over the highway, so the imagination did run wild a little.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    INFJ

I liked hide n seek, skateboarding, big wheeling, and reading. Did NOT like dolls and girly activities, puzzles, planes trains or automobiles

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Sudoku, sudoku, sudoku, 4 suit spider solitaire.

EDIT: Oh crap, I didn't read the question (typical...). As a CHILD, role playing with swords was my thing. I liked pretending I was Xena the warrior princess, or an empress, or Phoenix: leader of the Power Warters (an imaginary super hero group I made up). I'm still attracted to the "powerful woman" thing. I think it's been integrated into my psyche.

Oh, and with friends, I'd play "pioneers" which is basically "playing house," except it takes place in the early 1800s.

"OMG I FEEEEEEEEEL SO INTENSELY ABOUT EVERYTHING OMG OMG OMG GET ME A XANAX" -Priam (ENFP impersonation)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Xellotath View Post

I disliked sports, but I played with Polly Pocket and Lego. I treated Lego like dolls, though.. it was all character interaction, I was terrible at building stuff. Same with video games, I tried and tried... but I would rather watch others play and just come up with a plot based on the characters... and then project those plots on my dolls. All very fast-paced, cumulative Ne-like. Once a motif had been played out, I felt at rest.. and just came up with another one on the go...
    ME TOOOOO!!!! I did the voices and everything.

"OMG I FEEEEEEEEEL SO INTENSELY ABOUT EVERYTHING OMG OMG OMG GET ME A XANAX" -Priam (ENFP impersonation)

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

I got very used to play alone for various reasons, so I'd just get a bunch of stuffed plushies and make them live adventure. Every plushie had their name, their personality, their friends, ect. xD I hated dolls tough.

When I didn't have any plushies, I just played with my fingers. (Middle finger was the daddy, Ring finger the mommy, index the bad guy, thumb the poor little rejected fat guy and little finger the nice little girl who was the thumb's only friend. And that was for my left hand. On my right hand, life is much harder... ) My dad didn't like it because it made me look retarded lol.