User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: NF play

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

A lot of role play sort of stuff. It depended who I was with. My brother and I had pretty intense RObin Hood (he was always Robin Hood, and I was Little John) games, and also knights/castles...but those were reserved for our summers in Finland and the mini-forest behind my grandmother's house. Back home in Canada, we played a lot of computer games - both roleplay (ie. Ultima and King's Quest) and shooting aliens sort of ones. I did quite a lot of sports over the years (skating, cycling, riding horses, swimming, skiing etc) but was really much more of a books/fantasy kid...I just grew up in an outdoorsy sort of place and I guess my parents wanted me to be more well rounded though they loved the fact that I read a lot too.

With girls and school friends - I had friends at school who I played animal roleplaying games with, wolves and horses and suchlike. In grade two my best friend and I played "Pirate Rocks", which was a pretty intense fantasy sort of thing in the little grove of trees/rocks in the corner of my school's playing field. We just made up characters and plotlines rapidly as we went along, it was pretty cool stuff.

I also did a fair amount of tree climbing and so forth. My brother and I loved Lego, mainly the medieval sets (back in the days when Lego was much simpler and besides the free-form block sets, the main ones were city, or space, or medieval.) I had some nice dolls but my brother kind of mocked me when I played with them and I wasn't all that keen either really. We both played with our toy animals quite a bit and made up stories about them.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Vu View Post
    fuck with the pets.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

I guess my brother and I did quite a bit of role-playing stuff, although at the time I wouldn't have known there was a name for it and I don't think I thought anyone else did it.

As for toys, I played with stuffed animals and even barbies and my-little-ponies a little, but from about age 8 and up I was often more interested in my brothers' toys and would play with them - legos, lincoln logs, micro machines, stuff like that.

Played board games quite a bit as a family. Also got into the original Nintendo and Super Nintendo as I grew older, and did some computer fantasy-type games.

But mostly I read. Every now and then I would draw or do other types of art projects/crafts.
    Last edited by cascadeco; 09-27-2010 at 12:57 PM.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

A great deal of imaginative play by myself. Time spent reading fairytales and folktales and all manner of stories, and then playing in my world in which all those magic possibilities existed. I liked to play with dolls, especially creating their environment, kind of perfecting it, and thinking up their personalities, names, how they fit into this little world. I played with stuffed animals, too, and even though I knew in my heart that I liked some more than others, I felt that it would be hurtful to let on, so I tried to show everyone of them love and appreciation. I enjoyed reading and creative writing from a really young age. I liked to draw stories. I was so private about my writing and drawings. If someone in my family read them, even with praise, I felt violated. Playing dress up was fun, and I enjoyed making up my own songs on my instruments and playing with my tape recorder. But it wasn't an interest rooted in a desire to perform really.

When my brother deigned to play with me, I would obviously go along with whatever he wanted to do and just enjoy his presence. We played little dungeons and dragons type games, board games in which he showed me no mercy ever, legos - with which he was amazing at creating designs with no instructions, and video games. He would wrestle me, too, in that big brother way, and we swam quite a bit.
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

I played lots of 'imagination' games (I enjoyed playing house, but not as much as I enjoyed 'Power Rangers' ) and when I was introduced to Pajama Sam, Freddie Fish, and Putt-Putt I played those a looooot.

Shows that I've always been an escapist. *See signature*
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

I did like everything, lol, imaginery role playing, doing sports, playing with barbies with friends, playing games like monopoly and so on. I really enjoyed about everything when a child. I was very enthusiastic about everything.

dressup. i still play that.
    every normal man must be tempted, at times,
    to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
    and begin slitting throats.
    h.l. mencken

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

I had several dolls who needed constant instruction in manners and their prayers, and of course had to be fed, bathed, dressed, and played with. I liked dress up and almost any kind of Pretend. I climbed trees and stayed up in them for hours at a time. I did some significant adventuring, too -- I was supposed to stay within 1 block radius but I explored further. I used to knock on people's doors to ask if they had any kids I could play with, and in this way made friends of children and adults. I played hopscotch, jump rope, hide and seek. I loved to read and listen to stories. I loved to sing and play the piano and guitar.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by mmhmm View Post
    dressup. i still play that.
    [youtube="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrDxlf9bMYU"]Nelson[/youtube]

I could say a lot here...But I think this is funny.
    Oh, its
    You

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

Hmmm now that I think about it. Maybe some "who's line is it anyway" type activity would be fun. I wonder if there's any sort of group like that locally.
    Chimera of Filth

A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors