• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NF play

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A lot of role play sort of stuff. It depended who I was with. My brother and I had pretty intense RObin Hood (he was always Robin Hood, and I was Little John) games, and also knights/castles...but those were reserved for our summers in Finland and the mini-forest behind my grandmother's house. Back home in Canada, we played a lot of computer games - both roleplay (ie. Ultima and King's Quest) and shooting aliens sort of ones. I did quite a lot of sports over the years (skating, cycling, riding horses, swimming, skiing etc) but was really much more of a books/fantasy kid...I just grew up in an outdoorsy sort of place and I guess my parents wanted me to be more well rounded though they loved the fact that I read a lot too.

With girls and school friends - I had friends at school who I played animal roleplaying games with, wolves and horses and suchlike. In grade two my best friend and I played "Pirate Rocks", which was a pretty intense fantasy sort of thing in the little grove of trees/rocks in the corner of my school's playing field. We just made up characters and plotlines rapidly as we went along, it was pretty cool stuff.

I also did a fair amount of tree climbing and so forth. My brother and I loved Lego, mainly the medieval sets (back in the days when Lego was much simpler and besides the free-form block sets, the main ones were city, or space, or medieval.) I had some nice dolls but my brother kind of mocked me when I played with them and I wasn't all that keen either really. We both played with our toy animals quite a bit and made up stories about them.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I guess my brother and I did quite a bit of role-playing stuff, although at the time I wouldn't have known there was a name for it and I don't think I thought anyone else did it. :laugh:

As for toys, I played with stuffed animals and even barbies and my-little-ponies a little, but from about age 8 and up I was often more interested in my brothers' toys and would play with them - legos, lincoln logs, micro machines, stuff like that.

Played board games quite a bit as a family. Also got into the original Nintendo and Super Nintendo as I grew older, and did some computer fantasy-type games.

But mostly I read. :) Every now and then I would draw or do other types of art projects/crafts.

Last edited:

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
A great deal of imaginative play by myself. Time spent reading fairytales and folktales and all manner of stories, and then playing in my world in which all those magic possibilities existed. I liked to play with dolls, especially creating their environment, kind of perfecting it, and thinking up their personalities, names, how they fit into this little world. I played with stuffed animals, too, and even though I knew in my heart that I liked some more than others, I felt that it would be hurtful to let on, so I tried to show everyone of them love and appreciation. I enjoyed reading and creative writing from a really young age. I liked to draw stories. I was so private about my writing and drawings. If someone in my family read them, even with praise, I felt violated. Playing dress up was fun, and I enjoyed making up my own songs on my instruments and playing with my tape recorder. But it wasn't an interest rooted in a desire to perform really.

When my brother deigned to play with me, I would obviously go along with whatever he wanted to do and just enjoy his presence. We played little dungeons and dragons type games, board games in which he showed me no mercy ever, legos - with which he was amazing at creating designs with no instructions, and video games. He would wrestle me, too, in that big brother way, and we swam quite a bit.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
I played lots of 'imagination' games (I enjoyed playing house, but not as much as I enjoyed 'Power Rangers' :D ) and when I was introduced to Pajama Sam, Freddie Fish, and Putt-Putt I played those a looooot.

Shows that I've always been an escapist. *See signature* :)

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I did like everything, lol, imaginery role playing, doing sports, playing with barbies with friends, playing games like monopoly and so on. I really enjoyed about everything when a child. :) I was very enthusiastic about everything.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I had several dolls who needed constant instruction in manners and their prayers, and of course had to be fed, bathed, dressed, and played with. I liked dress up and almost any kind of Pretend. I climbed trees and stayed up in them for hours at a time. I did some significant adventuring, too -- I was supposed to stay within 1 block radius but I explored further. I used to knock on people's doors to ask if they had any kids I could play with, and in this way made friends of children and adults. I played hopscotch, jump rope, hide and seek. I loved to read and listen to stories. I loved to sing and play the piano and guitar.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
dressup. i still play that.

[youtube="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrDxlf9bMYU"]Nelson[/youtube]

I could say a lot here...But I think this is funny.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
Hmmm now that I think about it. Maybe some "who's line is it anyway" type activity would be fun. I wonder if there's any sort of group like that locally.

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
Hm...

-all kind of card and board games
-video games
-whatever young children do outside (seek and hide and whatever)

When I was very young, I played some kind of role games, often probably alone but I remember I involved my mother at least once too. But really, I think there was no board or card game that I did not like to play, you could give me just any and I would like to play it.

I did not like very much sports, though.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
My NF playfulness is starting to show, I knew it was there somewhere, taking its sweet time.

I would have to say there are a few kinds.

There is the introvert kind.

A penchant for imagination which entails experiencing an inner world within an inner world and then the inner landscape is where the creative energy happens and lets loose in unimaginable ways, its awesome.

Then there is the outer expression where I tended to let my imagination create for me and play the "those horrible rhinoceros people and friends" I let my imagination change the less than ideal situations into a whole lot of fun.

Yes the computer games if you must, though I remember it was much cooler when I was playing bubble bobble with my female friends rather than me playing dungeons and dragons. Why I was so oblivious, I swear.

Then there is my extroverted play. Role playing, while I wasn't terribly good at it, I certainly let the imagination go there. Used to take tv shows and role play them with friends and it was very great fun.

As was the board games, some were passed on from my country and fun, NF play is inventive. I had good moments there.

Then there is the social kind, where I played sports like games with my friends as you do when young. soccer, athletics etc

ilovelurking

MBTI Type
INFJ
Uno, Monopoly, Scrabble, Pictionary...

Pretend games, hide and seek, hopscotch, and I miss playing tag! Hahaha!

Videogames (with my guy neighbours and cousins, and sometimes uncle...)

Some sports like badminton, soccer, basketball...

Dancing (with my sister and girl neighbours...)

Sketching out imaginary stuff, writing 'songs' (hahaha!)

I'm pretty sure there's more...

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
good lord almighty. more like what didn't i play.

well, first of all, i loved playing on the swings with my mom and going on exploratory "adventures" in the backyard and in the park. i loooved nature, and had a penchant for moss and periwinkle flowers. built a treehouse (as in, actually up in a tree, not the kind you see in playsets) with my dad.

i've always drawn, usually girls in fantasy lands, and pretty much any arts-and-craftsy things. i had a set of hot wheels cars that i LOVED (i'd get so pissed off when they gave me happy meals with a mini-barbie in them), but i did have dolls too, that i played imaginary games with. i loved to swim, play soccer, dance, skate, rock climb, do gymnastics.

besides that... lincoln logs, knex, board games, had a set of plastic animal figurines that i loved, and watching 90s nickelodeon. i kind of forgot that i was a pretty big tomboy for a while, lol.

"the ground is hot lava, don't step on it"

that too. :D

Ingrid in grids

Cute thread. I liked the responses.

I wasn't a very active kid. Team sport and rough play generally frightened me. I didn't really know how to join in. I remember being frustrated because it seemed to come naturally to all the other kids and I couldn't throw myself into the play it and "be silly".

I didn't have many dolls. Unlike my sister (ESFJ) who had collected over 50 barbies (all to one lucky Ken, LOL) and lovingly washed each of their outfits on clothesline, I had a pantless Amazon barbie without hands who I didn't really care for much.

I had some other toys - a rabbit and a duck. I played "schools" a lot with them. I generally made them take spelling tests (I actually found one the other day - all filled out with a few deliberate mistakes). One time I bought a disposable camera and took their class photos in my garden.

In general, I didn't play as much as the other kids. I was a pretty serious kid. I read, I wrote and I drew. My playfulness surfaced with age!

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
I was wondering what kind of games you liked to play as a child? I am interested in ENFP games, but any NF can answer.
Did you like to dress up, put up a play, play with dolls, action figures, draw, play outside, get involved in sports?

Dress up sometimes because I had sisters, but I'd always go for the strangeness factor. Mixing items that no one would think to mix, wearing things in different places to where they were usually worn, etc.

I think we may have put on plays, but I don't remember. I never played with dolls or action figures really. I had lots of stuffed toys though, and was quite attached to some of them. Hated when they got lost of mistreated.

Sport probably dominated though and is still an obsession. I learnt and played quite a wide range of sports when I was young, and used to drag my father out to practice with him.

I also liked adventures, going to the forest, coming up with schemes and plans, science experiments, games in the street. Plus astronomy, trains, geography, chess, maths, cards, board games, just exploring in general.

And I thought that I saw bears in the backyard and UFOs flying over the highway, so the imagination did run wild a little.

kccrush

MBTI Type
INFJ
I liked hide n seek, skateboarding, big wheeling, and reading. Did NOT like dolls and girly activities, puzzles, planes trains or automobiles :)

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Sudoku, sudoku, sudoku, 4 suit spider solitaire.

EDIT: Oh crap, I didn't read the question (typical...). As a CHILD, role playing with swords was my thing. I liked pretending I was Xena the warrior princess, or an empress, or Phoenix: leader of the Power Warters (an imaginary super hero group I made up). I'm still attracted to the "powerful woman" thing. I think it's been integrated into my psyche.

Oh, and with friends, I'd play "pioneers" which is basically "playing house," except it takes place in the early 1800s.

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
I disliked sports, but I played with Polly Pocket and Lego. I treated Lego like dolls, though.. it was all character interaction, I was terrible at building stuff. Same with video games, I tried and tried... but I would rather watch others play and just come up with a plot based on the characters... and then project those plots on my dolls. All very fast-paced, cumulative Ne-like. Once a motif had been played out, I felt at rest.. and just came up with another one on the go...

ME TOOOOO!!!! I did the voices and everything. :D
:hifive:

Coco

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I got very used to play alone for various reasons, so I'd just get a bunch of stuffed plushies and make them live adventure. Every plushie had their name, their personality, their friends, ect. xD I hated dolls tough.

When I didn't have any plushies, I just played with my fingers. (Middle finger was the daddy, Ring finger the mommy, index the bad guy, thumb the poor little rejected fat guy and little finger the nice little girl who was the thumb's only friend. And that was for my left hand. On my right hand, life is much harder... :() My dad didn't like it because it made me look retarded lol.