User Tag List

123 Last

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Default Fe Door-Slam v. Te Bitch-Slap

I have heard a lot of people talking about the Fe Door-Slam and the Te Bitch-Slap. I'm curious what the differences are, so I would like to ask for a comparative analysis of both.

From the outside it looks the same, but I am sure there are some slight nuances, and in an attempt to learn more about type, I think it would be useful to know.

Thanks.

For me, I think if it's gotten that bad, I speak my mind/voice my criticism, but I'm just disgusted enough that I don't want to be in the same room with them afterwards (replace "room" with anything "present"). There are too many issues that I don't feel like dealing with, and the Fe criticism was to let it be known that I was disgusted (this is rare.. I'm not much into permanent doorslams). I'm probably not the best person to answer.. I tend to see where people are coming from and end up finding a compromse. From what I can tell though, it's letting the other person know how serious you are, that you've almost given up. It may improve after both people take a break.

Te is not really interpersonal related.. If it was tossed out on to another person, it's specifically to get someone to do something. A bitchslap in order to mobilize. They have no problem moving on if they got what they wanted, and being in that person's presence afterwards. "Nothing personal, just business" kind of thing?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I think it's pretty simple. When Fe door slams you, it stops talking to you. Cuts you off. You can give someone a Te bitch slap and still maintain communication. Also, while Fe door slam might be painful, I think Te bitch slap seems a lot "meaner."

MBTI
    INTP

I think if the Te bitchslap is forceful enough, it will ensure the deployment of the Fe doorslam, perhaps never to be revisited.
    Something Witty

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Having been the recipient of both.. I can say the INFJ doorslam is much more cruel and effective..In comparison a Te bitchslap is like eating Hagen Daas
    French Vanilla ice cream.

WTF is this dude saying? A Schnitzel's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    B.S.

We need a poll.
    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    sheesh humans! for realz

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

when used against the same type - ie bitchslap a Fi or doorslam a Fe - i think they're not that big of a deal. i can take a bitchslap - i'll send one right back at you and an hour later we'll be fine. i haaate being doorslammed.

when used against the opposite type, it's just a downward spiral of bad times and misunderstanding.

[back with more post later]

If I offended you, I'm sorry about that. Honestly, even though I typed it quickly, I was trying to be fairly neutral. I have Te friends, so I have nothing against it necessarily.

Often, I find that even Te dom isn't meaning to "slap" anyone. Sometimes it could come across that way merely in their phrasing - and only that. It could be difficult if people aren't used to it, but the problem there is just communication style, which can be worked through.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    when used against the same type - ie bitchslap a Fi or doorslam a Fe - i think they're not that big of a deal. i can take a bitchslap - i'll send one right back at you and an hour later we'll be fine. i haaate being doorslammed.

when used against the opposite type, it's just a downward spiral of bad times and misunderstanding.

[back with more post later]
    Dang, girl, your original post was really good! Put it back!
    Something Witty

You wouldn't believe how long it took me to cohabitate and understand though.. Both of my parents and brother are Te, along with some friends growing up, coaches, a few teachers, etc.. I always ended up rebellious, fighting it off. Whether I'm Fe or not, for the longest time, I would say it felt like my Fi struggling against it. I mean, I just felt like a "generic F" relatively speaking. And I wouldn't necessarily bundle a Fi type like ESFP or ENFP with Te (although they are Te, to be fair. It's just not the same as having an ESTJ military dad who resembles Lee Marvin or a tough Asian mom who resembles the landlady from Kung Fu Hustle ).