• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Quote Thread: Express your feelings or thoughts with a quote

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Man, that sounds horrible. What do you mean, and who wrote that?

the same deep thinker who wrote this profound contribution to humanity

"I guess the hard thing for a lot of people to accept is why God would allow me to go running through their yards, yelling and spinning around."

Geonat

the same deep thinker who wrote this profound contribution to humanity

"I guess the hard thing for a lot of people to accept is why God would allow me to go running through their yards, yelling and spinning around."

Aha I get it :) Sorry. Physically bigger.

Edit: Or?

I

Infinite Bubble

josh_derr_banksydumbo.jpg

The irony is worth it.

MBTI Type
INFP
“I eventually came to understand that in harboring the anger, the bitterness and resentment towards those that had hurt me, I was giving the reins of control over to them. Forgiving was not about accepting their words and deeds. Forgiving was about letting go and moving on with my life. In doing so, I had finally set myself free.”

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If you wanna get to heaven, gotta D-I-E
Ya gotta put on your coat and T-I-E
Wanna get the rabbit out the L-O-G
You gotta make a cold motion like D-O-G
Like D-O-G,
Like D-O-G, yeah.

Dr Mobius

Biting Shards
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Omnes homines, patres conscripti, qui de rebus dubiis consultant, ab odio, amicitia, ira atque misericordia vacuos esse decet.

It becomes all men, Senators, who deliberate on dubious matters, to be influenced neither by hatred, affection, anger, nor pity.

Necessitas etiam timidos fortes facit.

Necessity makes even the timid brave.

Bellum Catilinae, Sallust

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Homie, it's been a long time coming
And I'm STRAIGHT with that.

-Trick-Trick, Goon Sqwad​

Noll

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
"The more I love humanity in general the less I love man in particular. In my dreams, I often make plans for the service of humanity, and perhaps I might actually face crucifixion if it were suddenly necessary. Yet I am incapable of living in the same room with anyone for two days together. I know from experience. As soon as anyone is near me, his personality disturbs me and restricts my freedom. In twenty-four hours I begin to hate the best of men: one because he’s too long over his dinner, another because he has a cold and keeps on blowing his nose. I become hostile to people the moment they come close to me. But it has always happened that the more I hate men individually the more I love humanity."

Arctic Hysteria

an abyss of Nothingness
MBTI Type
IxFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
“We’re all seeking that special person who is right for us. But if you’ve been through enough relationships, you begin to suspect there’s no right person, just different flavors of wrong. Why is this? Because you yourself are wrong in some way, and you seek out partners who are wrong in some complementary way. But it takes a lot of living to grow fully into your own wrongness. And it isn’t until you finally run up against your deepest demons, your unsolvable problems—the ones that make you truly who you are—that we’re ready to find a lifelong mate. Only then do you finally know what you’re looking for. You’re looking for the wrong person. But not just any wrong person: the right wrong person—someone you lovingly gaze upon and think, “This is the problem I want to have.”

I will find that special person who is wrong for me in just the right way.

Let our scars fall in love.”

― Galway Kinnell

why not

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
It's the kid inside us that keeps us from going crazy.

-JD from scrubs.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"Too much pride, between you and I
Not a jealous man, but females lie
But I guess that's just what sluts do, how could it ever be just us two?"

Noll

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
"Much unhappiness has come into the world because of bewilderment and things left unsaid."

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"We can’t hate ourselves into a version of ourselves we can love."
— Lori Deschene

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
of depending on others and of being depended upon

Another characteristic of the self-renewing man is that he has mutually fruitful relations with other human beings. He is capable of accepting love and capable of giving it — both more difficult achievements than is commonly thought. He is capable of depending on others and of being depended upon. He can see life through another’s eyes and feel it through another’s heart…

The man or woman who cannot achieve these relationships is imprisoned, cut off from a great part of the world of experience. The joy and suffering of those we love are part of our own experience. We feel their triumphs and defeats, their hopes and fears, their anger and pity, and our lives are richer for it…

Love and friendship dissolve the rigidities of the isolated self, force new perspectives, alter judgments and keep in working order the emotional substratum on which all profound comprehension of human affairs must rest.

John W. Gardner, Self-Renewal: The Individual and the Innovative Society (1964)

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
“Is it really possible to tell someone else what one feels?”
― Leo Tolstoy

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
"One should permit a self-perception to be established definitively in writing only when it can be done with the greatest completeness [...] as well as with entire truthfulness. For if this does not happen [...] what is written down will, in accordance with its own purpose and with the superior power of the established, replace what has been felt only vaguely in such a way that the real feeling will disappear while the worthlessness of what has been noted down will be recognized too late." - Franz Kafka

Noll

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Day after day you say “one day, one day”
And there's always a reason why you're refused
They always blame "you, you, you"
And there is nothing anyone can do

five sounds