• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Quote Thread: Express your feelings or thoughts with a quote

A

A window to the soul

"If you judge people, you have no time to love them." :puppy_dog_eyes:

- Mother Teresa -

Poggle

MBTI Type
ENFP
"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"If you teach a child to read them him or her will get an education" - George W Gump :)

"What's the rush just take it slow, ease your mind let your heart flow" - The Primitives ("Ocean Blue" (1987))

"First there is a mountain then there is no mountain then there is." - Donovan ("The Mountain" (1968))

"Oh brave new world that hath such people in it." - Shakespeare (The Tempest)

"Nihil infectum est" - Poggle

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
She had learned, in her life, that time lived inside you. You are time, you breathe time. When she’d been young, she’d had an insatiable hunger for more of it, though she hadn’t understood why. Now she held inside her a cacophony of times and lately it drowned out the world. The apple tree was still nice to lie near. They peony, for its scent, also fine. When she walked through the woods (infrequently now) she picked her way along the path, making way for the boy inside to run along before her. It could be hard to choose the time outside over the time within.

David Wroblewski

S

Sniffles

Man is a mystery: if you spend your entire life trying to puzzle it out, then do not say that you have wasted your time. I occupy myself with this mystery, because I want to be a man.
-Fyodor Dostoevsky

Within

Permabanned
“The woods are lovely, dark and deep. But I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep.” - Robert Frost

S

Sniffles

"....a good book can teach you about the world and about yourself. You learn more than how to read better; you also learn more about life. You become wiser. Not just more knowledgeable - books that provide nothing but information can produce that result. But wiser, in the sense that you are more deeply aware of the great and enduring truths of human life."
— Mortimer J. Adler How to Read a Book

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
“There is hope for a violent man to be some day nonviolent, but there is none for a coward”
- Gandhi

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
Nel mezzo del cammin di nostra vita
mi ritrovai per una selva oscura
ché la diritta via era smarrita.

- Dante

(In the midway of this our mortal life,
I found me in a gloomy wood, astray
Gone from the path direct...)

KDude

I wonder how many men, hiding their youngness, rise as I do, Saturday mornings, filled with the hope that Bugs Bunny, Yosemite Sam and Daffy Duck will be there waiting as our one true always and forever salvation? - Ray Bradbury

Thisica

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
5w4
I reject your reality and substitute my own!--Adam Savage

S

Sniffles

Democratic education, says Aristotle, ought to mean, not the education which democrats like, but the education which will preserve democracy. Until we have realized that the two things do not necessarily go together we cannot think clearly about education.
-C.S. Lewis

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
THE DEVIL Yes; and this civilization! what is it, after all?

DON JUAN After all, an excellent peg to hang your cynical commonplaces on; but before all, it is an attempt on Man's part to make himself something more than the mere instrument of Woman's purpose.So far, the result of Life's continual effort not only to maintain itself, but to achieve higher and higher organization and completer self-consciousness, is only, at best, a doubtful campaign between its forces and those of Death and Degeneration. The battles in this campaign are mere blunders, mostly won, like actual military battles, in spite of the commanders.

-George Bernard Shaw-

Within

Permabanned
"Richard Stein's first paragraph was: "The main thing that keeps the gun away from your head is thirteen hundred bottles of bourbon, eight hundred bottles vodka, three hundred bottles of gin, two thousand bottles of rum, six cups of everclear and four hundred twenty-two bottles of southern comfort during the course of a lifetime; but anymore than that and you'll be considered an alchoholic. Richard Stein was considered an alcoholic." - Carlton Mellick III

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
"Om mani padme hum"

- the six syllabled mantra of the bodhisattva of compassion, Avalokiteshvara (Quan-Yin)

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"Sometimes when I'm angry I have the right to be angry, but that doesn't give me the right to be cruel."

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I would like to thank Satine for having this in her Sig..
Marlyn was such a babe. :wub:

"I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." - Marilyn Monroe

Go Marlyn FTW!!!

S

Sniffles

Journalism largely consists of saying "Lord Jones is Dead" to people who never knew that Lord Jones was alive.
-Gilbert K. Chesterton

Virulence

MBTI Type
INFJ
"It is a sad world that exists only in the present, unaware of the long procession which brought us here." - Bill Moyers

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Our Similarities bring us to a common ground; Our Differences allow us to be fascinated by each other.

Tom Robbins

G

Ginkgo

“Constantly regard the universe as one living being, having one substance and one soul; and observe how all things have reference to one perception, the perception of this one living being; and how all things act with one movement; and how all things are the cooperating causes of all things which exist; observe too the continuous spinning of the thread and the contexture of the web.”

-Marcus Aurelius