• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Quote Thread: Express your feelings or thoughts with a quote

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
“Minds differ still more than faces.”
Francois Voltaire

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
The freedom to move forward to new opportunities and to produce results comes from living in the present not the past”

FakePlasticAlice

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
“If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.”
- Lewis Carroll

“Listen to many, speak to a few.”
- William Shakespeare

“If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe.”
- Dr. Carl Sagan

“The man who never in his mind and thoughts travelled to heaven is no artist.”
- William Blake

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.”
- Oscar Wilde

“The only way to find true happiness is to risk being completely cut open."
- Chuck Palahniuk

“I turned to speak to God About the world's despair; But to make bad matters worse, I found God wasn't there”
- Robert Frost

“A man's private thought can never be a lie; what he thinks, is to him the truth, always”
- Mark Twain

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
Anais Nin

Every man in his lifetime needs to thank his faults.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

But I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep.
Robert Frost

Mistakes are the building-blocks of perfection.
Avery Dena

kyli_ryan

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
2wX
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
"Home is not where you live but where they understand you." --Christian Morgenstern

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Christmas Card to Grace Hartigan

by Frank O’Hara

There’s no holly, but there is
the glass and granite towers
and the white stone lions
and the pale violet clouds. And
the great tree of balls in
Rockefeller Plaza is public.

Christmas is green and general
like all great works of the
imagination, swelling from minute
private sentiments in the desert,
a wreath around our intimacy
like children’s voices in a park.

For red there is our blood
which, like your smile, must be
protected from spilling into
generality by secret meanings,
the lipstick of life hidden
in a handbag against violations.

Christmas is the time of cold air
and loud parties and big expense,
but in our hearts flames flicker
answeringly, as on old-fashioned
trees. I would rather the house
burn down than our flames go out.

G

Ginkgo

“The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.” - St. Augustine

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
"If pride is more important that the feelings of the people you love, then what is that love worth?"

Onceajoan

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
“The heart has reasons that reason cannot know.”
- Blaise Pascal quote

Yeah, I can definitely relate to that one right now!

V

violaine

"Never complain. Never explain."
- attributed to Benjamin Disraeli

S

Sniffles

"I have given up newspapers in exchange for Tacitus and Thucydides, for Newton and Euclid, and I find myself the happier."
-Thomas Jefferson

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
"You give my life purpose, and maybe that's enough, because, that's just about the greatest gift one friend can give another"

~Stewie Griffin~

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Politics, celebrity gossip, business headlines, tech punditry, odd news, and user-generated content. These are the chew toys that have made me sad and tired and cynical. Each, in its own way, contributes to the imperative that we constantly expand our portfolio of shallow but strongly-held opinions about nearly everything. Then we’re supposed to post something about it. Somewhere. From businesses we’ve never heard of, to countries we’ve never visited, to infants who’ve had the random misfortune to be born into a family that’s on TV – it’s all grist for obvious jokes and shortsighted commentary that, for at least a few minutes, helps both the maker and the consumer feel a little less bored, a little less vulnerable, and a little less disconnected. For a minute, anyway, it makes us feel more alive. Does me, anyway. But, in my observation, the long-term effect of each of these can be surprisingly different. What makes you feel less bored soon makes you into an addict. What makes you feel less vulnerable can easily turn you into a dick. And the things that are meant to make you feel more connected today often turn out to be insubstantial time sinks – empty, programmatic encouragements to groom and refine your personality while sitting alone at a screen.

Merlin Mann

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Not my feelings right now, but definitely my feelings a few days ago...

wolverine_areyouabeer.jpg

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
"I'll tell you a secret. Something they don't teach you in your temple. The Gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment might be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again."

- Achilles from the film "Troy" -

S

Sniffles

"All of the words that I use are ordinary words. If you have difficulty with the words that I use, look them up ..."
-Eric Voegelin*

*This was in response to a question about a supposedly obscure term he used in a lecture, to which Voegelin explained it was simply the German word for "light" and that little children use it.

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
May your coming year be filled with magic and dreams and good madness. I hope you read some fine books and kiss someone who thinks you’re wonderful, and don’t forget to make some art — write or draw or build or sing or live as only you can. May your coming year be a wonderful thing, in which you dream both dangerously and outrageously. I hope you’ll make something that didn’t exist before you made it, that you will be loved and you will be liked, and that you will have people to love and to like in return. And, most importantly (because I think there should be more kindness and more wisdom in the world right now), I hope that you will, when you need to be, be wise, and that you will always be kind. And I hope that somewhere in the next year, you surprise yourself.

Neil Gaiman, New Year’s Benediction

Last edited:

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
But I wake.
I wake and I find myself bending
to the same small issues
from the same small minds
in the same shamefully small world.
I wake