User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Default See yourself as others see you?

Do you ever wish you could see yourself as others see you? I always feel like I have no idea how I come across to people.

These thoughts often come up when I meet a person who is obviously completely un-self-aware (think Michael on the "Office"). I start to think, "could I be acting socially unacceptable and not even know it?"

I wonder this myself.

Phantonym

Yes. However, I'm already extremely self-conscious, so I spend an awful lot of time worrying about how I come across to people. I don't think that the way I act is socially unacceptable, but I definitely try to control myself all the time to make sure I'm not, which, in turn comes across as being very reserved, cold, aloof and unapproachable.

From time to time I have to remind myself to snap out of it because I'm sure others don't spend even a fracture of their attention span thinking about me. Definitely not as much as I think they might be.
    Last edited by Phantonym; 09-26-2010 at 12:39 PM.

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

lol yes I do wonder that. I'm hoping that maybe if I video myself or something, I can get a better insight into how other people see me. Could be healthy.
    Chimera of Filth

A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by animenagai View Post
    lol yes I do wonder that. I'm hoping that maybe if I video myself or something, I can get a better insight into how other people see me. Could be healthy.
    Yes i have thought this, but i would have to not know it was there.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Everyone sees me differently. Some people think I'm nice, some think I'm crazy, some think I'm smart, some think I'm chaotic, most people think I'm lazy, there are people who despise me but I've also heard of people who admire me for some reason. I also see certain people different than others. But why would I want to know how others see me? So I can change myself according to their standards? I guess being the way everyone else wants me to be, would make me a very dull girl. As long as I like myself, everything is just fine.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

i want to know too, because i think it's important to understand if i'm getting across to others what i would like to get across. i am quite self-conscious as well and sometimes it backfires, with me saying or doing awkward things in the heat of the moment. though generally i find that they seemed far more awkward to me than to others and that the things i actually do that are awkward, i don't even realize.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

I think most of us have various "Michael from the office" aspects to our personalities.

I've been asking a few people who know me well, and who I trust to be honest, various questions about how I come across. Their answers have been beyond enlightening.

Glycerine

There is ONLY one person that I trust to call me out on my BS...an ISFP. Ironically, my ENFJ teacher used to bluntly and accurately call me out on little things. My INFP mother does this a little bit for me but she says many things to validate what she beliefs without trying to understand where I am coming from especially if I hurt her. Everyone else says very surface level things about me. If you don't try to see where I am coming from and call me out on shit....it's not going to go well. However, if you can accurately see where I am coming from and still call me out on shit, then I'm all ears and can take the criticism.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

I feel much stronger than I believe others perceive me as. I think most see me as vulnerable..sweet and childlike or something..it seems to evoke feelings of protectiveness or mothering..it's very sweet but I'm not sure how I feel about that..I think I'd prefer people to realize I can take care of myself but in a sense I get it because I can be the same way towards others.

It's just that it's everyone my whole life..from teachers to neighbors to the people that work at the convienance stores..is that weird or does anyone know what I'm talking about?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison