• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other] NFs and drugs

stringstheory

THIS bitch
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Ah. Well..drugs never led me to any concrete conclusion other than "it's all an illusion", if that. My own life experiences made their own contributions, as well.

what is it exactly that you're looking for? I see you're looking for your own niche, but what does that mean to you? and also why you seek the answer from drugs...doing so isn't necessarily bad or good (in and of itself), but they might not offer what you want to find.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I'm not an NF- but I can imagine NF's (NFP's and NFJ's alike) finding a lot of interest in drugs.
NFP's- simply because drugs are something new/adventurous.
NFJ's- due to a tertiary/inferior Se.. I can use my inferior Se to explain my alcoholic tendencies.

MBTI Type
Mann
Ah. Well..drugs never led me to any concrete conclusion other than "it's all an illusion", if that. My own life experiences made their own contributions, as well.

what is it exactly that you're looking for? I see you're looking for your own niche, but what does that mean to you? and also why you seek the answer from drugs...doing so isn't necessarily bad or good (in and of itself), but they might not offer what you want to find.

I came to a similar feeling to it being an illusion, I just don't know where to go from there. How do I find something I feel will actually mean something? My niche is just a place where I can make things more real if you understand. I haven't done any drugs in a month or so after having explored for about a year. I'm considering buying a tiny home I can pull behind a truck and wandering around the country.

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
LSD and Mushrooms helped me to be way more open minded and more wise. I first tried them when I was 17. I dont think I will ever do Mushrooms again...the last few times I did them I had bad trips, its to much of an intense mind f*ck for me.

DMT is amazing, its definitely one with the universe type sh*t- best visuals EVER!

Forget cocaine- it ruins lives if it is abused.

fecaleagle

MBTI Type
INTj
Ahh ok :)

like nolla, it wasn't so much that weed gave me a feeling of experiencing different perceptions. it allows me to wade through already established perceptions, but not anything that's "new", or earth-shattering... it just allows me to perceive THOSE perceptions differently.

Wow that sounds like a very stoner thing to say. But there is a difference, I think. depending on if I smoke something that gives me a "body high" or a "mind high". In my head i see it like a sliding scale; for example when i'm "sober" I possess Extraverted Sensing but it's not nearly as well developed as my Extraverted Intuition, so i lean more towards a "mind high" on the scale. with weed I can either tip the scale ever more towards a mind high (Ne), or towards a body high (Se), but nothing beyond what is already "established". Keep in mind i'm generalising here, but using N and S perceptions as a reference point.

hallucinogens like acid, shrooms, and salvia are what gave me the feeling of experiencing "new" perceptions. It deconstructed everything I perceived to exist to pieces and rebuilt and reconstructed over and over again. I saw things beyond "N" and "S". Any and all categories that previously existed were destroyed. It was a little scary and a lot beautiful. i can relate to feeling like a free-floating particle in this sense.

What I did find interesting is that colours and strong visuals were not the "highlights" of any of these trips except salvia, which is how they've traditionally been described. Instead they were rather....conceptual. I don't know what that means beyond interesting^^

Haha I love that this post is by a female! You rock! Haven't encountered many girls open to this sort of experimentation and intellectual approach to drugs...mostly they just wanna get "F'd up" and party in my experience

When I smoke, I'm only looking for the head high. I become super extroverted and can't even sit still or be quiet. I just need to go out and about and socialize, and words flow more easily...think: Ni put on display to the world. My friends look at me in shock because they haven't seen that sort of behavior before, but I think they are entertained.

My experiences with psychedelics has been largely cerebral as well, lacking visual stuff. With LSD, I remember writing down that I felt like a 360 view of the world because I could see how everything was working....simultaneously...and could zero in and out like I was playing a toy model of the planet; and making connections that shocked my strong Ni which was weird. I also made some huge internal discoveries during that time about the world that hold true today and I wouldn't have figured out otherwise..LSD must be the ultimate creative drug because the inventor of the method for mass copying DNA molecules made the discovery while on the drug. So not everything is an illusion, and you can discover yourself and the world for the person asking. I mean, I figured out a system for betting on the NFL that handicappers in Vegas would envy, and I sucked before haha

With salvia it was just another story...I felt my body instantly being pulled through what felt like a wormhole into a whole new dimension where the molecules of my body made up the fabric of space and time...The world was being twisted and manipulated and I felt it mapped on my body like a voodoo doll or something, and I became interconnected with an infinite number of tiny female entities that surrounded me and were connected to my fabric, tugging me in different directions and chanting for me to go with them....I tried to fully embrace them as my own but the last thing I remember was being told that I was not ready...this whole thing took like 1 minute but it felt like forever

I just realized this is an NF topic but don't want to delete my post :cheese:

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
Last time I smoked I had a horrible mind fuck. So, Im off drugs. I've had some really bad trips.

stringstheory

THIS bitch
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Haven't encountered many girls open to this sort of experimentation and intellectual approach to drugs...mostly they just wanna get "F'd up" and party in my experience

heh, to be fair i can't say i personally encounter many more guys open to this kind of experience either.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
How did your perception change after? Was it a good or bad thing? What niche did you find yourself in after? Is there anywhere you fit?

I've tried MDMA and weed. Weed can bite me, never cared much for smoking it. MDMA was great, but not so much the actual high. It was post-experience that I really got something from it, while discussing with my best bud and drawing all sorts of conclusions from it.
´
I studied a lot about some drugs before even attempting to experiment. I didn't want to have a high. I wanted to learn more about the world with them.

Next step is acid. But I'm waiting for the right time and context. And I got some salvia with me, but I don't want to do it for a while still.

I learned quite a lot with MDMA. I analyzed why everything seemed better, why people responded better to my inconvenient approaches. But I could go on and on about it here, but I won't. I also learned that most people that did MDMA I was with...didn't care one bit about actually learning something from it. It was all social and dancing...but no everlasting conclusions.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
My highs around people are very hot & cold.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
i am kind of hesitant to do mind-altering drugs for the fear that my mind will go into that place and never be willing to return

.__."

MBTI Type
Mann
Haha I love that this post is by a female! You rock! Haven't encountered many girls open to this sort of experimentation and intellectual approach to drugs...mostly they just wanna get "F'd up" and party in my experience

When I smoke, I'm only looking for the head high. I become super extroverted and can't even sit still or be quiet. I just need to go out and about and socialize, and words flow more easily...think: Ni put on display to the world. My friends look at me in shock because they haven't seen that sort of behavior before, but I think they are entertained.

My experiences with psychedelics has been largely cerebral as well, lacking visual stuff. With LSD, I remember writing down that I felt like a 360 view of the world because I could see how everything was working....simultaneously...and could zero in and out like I was playing a toy model of the planet; and making connections that shocked my strong Ni which was weird. I also made some huge internal discoveries during that time about the world that hold true today and I wouldn't have figured out otherwise..LSD must be the ultimate creative drug because the inventor of the method for mass copying DNA molecules made the discovery while on the drug. So not everything is an illusion, and you can discover yourself and the world for the person asking. I mean, I figured out a system for betting on the NFL that handicappers in Vegas would envy, and I sucked before haha

With salvia it was just another story...I felt my body instantly being pulled through what felt like a wormhole into a whole new dimension where the molecules of my body made up the fabric of space and time...The world was being twisted and manipulated and I felt it mapped on my body like a voodoo doll or something, and I became interconnected with an infinite number of tiny female entities that surrounded me and were connected to my fabric, tugging me in different directions and chanting for me to go with them....I tried to fully embrace them as my own but the last thing I remember was being told that I was not ready...this whole thing took like 1 minute but it felt like forever

I just realized this is an NF topic but don't want to delete my post :cheese:

I am glad you posted. That you saw the world in " I remember writing down that I felt like a 360 view of the world because I could see how everything was working....simultaneously...and could zero in and out like I was playing a toy model of the planet;" this way I find really interesting. It makes me think of my own trip. I don't even really know where to start in the analytical process, it freed me in a way. I wonder if the majority of people who take this feel the interconnectedness of everything. I would assume so by way of the hippies. I dunno really what else to add atm.

InTheFlesh

Enneagram
CFV
After going through a "Stoner phase" a year or two back, I feel like I'm a totally different person in the best way possible. It's made me more aware, more understanding and more in control of my emotions and thoughts. I went from being an egotistical, selfish jackass to being, what I like to think of myself, a quiet, focussed and understanding individual. Of course it was a hard time when I was going through it, but now that I'm out I feel better than ever before. Mushrooms helped that a bit too=)

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
Thats what I'm hoping from stopping. You just become more aware, experimental lifestyle...Makes things...better

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
I would like to try salvia, but don't know where to look for it. I'm not really connected to the right people...

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I would like to try salvia, but don't know where to look for it. I'm not really connected to the right people...

If you search where the other drugs (LSD for example) are, your chances of finding salvia will increase. I've not met anyone who did salvia, that hasn't had an experience with LSD or MD or peyote or whatever (but mostly LSD).

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
I don't even know how to find those :D The only times I've taken any drugs have been when on a holiday in Europe, and if someone offers me...

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I don't even know how to find those :D The only times I've taken any drugs have been when on a holiday in Europe, and if someone offers me...

I've only met like to Finnish guys in Boom Festival, which is one of the biggest hippie/trance gatherings in the world. Met many Swedes and Danes though. The impression I got is that it's much easier to get hold of hallucinogenics in northern europe than where I live.

You can always just go to your nearest university's chemistry department. There's always a smartass that now dedicates his life to illegal drugs on the side, as he finishes his PhD.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
Nah, too much trouble... I bet I could find it... Actually I'd like to grow salvia. It seems the seeds are illegal too... So, I started thinking growing poppy and making tea out of it. Maybe next spring...

MBTI Type
Mann
If you search where the other drugs (LSD for example) are, your chances of finding salvia will increase. I've not met anyone who did salvia, that hasn't had an experience with LSD or MD or peyote or whatever (but mostly LSD).

Go to Texas. You can find EVERYTHING there. Coke is as common as cigarettes. As he says, where one drug is others will follow.