• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other] NFs and drugs

MBTI Type
Mann
How did your perception change after? Was it a good or bad thing? What niche did you find yourself in after? Is there anywhere you fit?

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
After what? Doing drugs? What kind of drugs?

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I love me some drugs.. :wub:

But that is all I am going to say about it for now..

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
Hmm.. I've tried some hallucinogenic drugs, but every time took too little. No effect. So, I wouldn't know...

KDude

I ruined myself with them.. still feel like I'm somewhat dealing with the aftermath 15 years later.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't think i ever really benefitted from any drug...except possibly painkillers.
It was all a bit of a nightmare. I don't need them as i can get really high naturally, add drugs into the mix and you get a bit an explosion of GemPoP-messy.

MBTI Type
Mann
Err guess I kinda blew the intro there. Any drug really. How did it alter who you are after you stopped using? If you continue to how do you feel it changes you? Still kinda open ended :\

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I get high on my own supply, drugs need not apply! :D

stringstheory

THIS bitch
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I love me some drugs.. :wub:

But that is all I am going to say about it for now..

Same :wubbie:

honestly the answers to a lot of these questions are really hard to articulate...partly because I'm not sure what kind of responses you are looking for and i don't like disappointing people :smile: and partly because I'm not exactly sure what you mean by things like what kind of niche i found myself in after doing such drugs? Maybe because those don't apply to me...i don't know.

maybe you could elaborate? or answer them yourself? :yes: i'm very interested in seeing where this topic goes..

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I have had a few beers and that is it. Don't think I am in a niche because of them. :)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i don't like anything that makes you intolerable to be around...coke turns most people into assholes and they don't look like they're having fun so i never tried it...and anything addictive is not cool for me...and anything where it's super fun to just lie on the floor for 8 hours is a bit frightening or somehow a bit yuck for me...but groovy kind of social lets all have interesting conversations stuff is fun...i like it...it's been a long while really but i'm not opposed to it as long as i was without responsibilities for awhile..like on vacation with good friends or something.

um...my perception will be forever altered. i will always hear music differently...i will likely always see things differently and feel moved by nature differently....i'm not quuite sure how to explain all that.

and...as far as niches go...never cared for em...

MBTI Type
Mann
Same :wubbie:

honestly the answers to a lot of these questions are really hard to articulate...partly because I'm not sure what kind of responses you are looking for and i don't like disappointing people :smile: and partly because I'm not exactly sure what you mean by things like what kind of niche i found myself in after doing such drugs? Maybe because those don't apply to me...i don't know.

maybe you could elaborate? or answer them yourself? :yes: i'm very interested in seeing where this topic goes..

Lets see... the main drugs I guess I am talking about are LSD and weed. I feel as if I have been born into a completely new perception, but I don't know what the hell to do with it. I feel like a particle free floating in a wind storm. I guess the effect it had on me was making me feel my perceptions are no longer limited. I just don't know what to do with it. Kinda wandering aimlessly because I can't think of a way to go.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
Weed doesn't do that for me. Not really different perception. It's just like being very drunk, except that because of my low blood pressure I can't really do much. I will most likely just pass out if I don't really try to stay there.

I do prefer it to booze, though. But haven't been high in over a half a year or something. It sucks that it's illegal...

stringstheory

THIS bitch
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Lets see... the main drugs I guess I am talking about are LSD and weed. I feel as if I have been born into a completely new perception, but I don't know what the hell to do with it. I feel like a particle free floating in a wind storm. I guess the effect it had on me was making me feel my perceptions are no longer limited. I just don't know what to do with it. Kinda wandering aimlessly because I can't think of a way to go.

Ahh ok :)

like nolla, it wasn't so much that weed gave me a feeling of experiencing different perceptions. it allows me to wade through already established perceptions, but not anything that's "new", or earth-shattering... it just allows me to perceive THOSE perceptions differently.

Wow that sounds like a very stoner thing to say. But there is a difference, I think. depending on if I smoke something that gives me a "body high" or a "mind high". In my head i see it like a sliding scale; for example when i'm "sober" I possess Extraverted Sensing but it's not nearly as well developed as my Extraverted Intuition, so i lean more towards a "mind high" on the scale. with weed I can either tip the scale ever more towards a mind high (Ne), or towards a body high (Se), but nothing beyond what is already "established". Keep in mind i'm generalising here, but using N and S perceptions as a reference point.

hallucinogens like acid, shrooms, and salvia are what gave me the feeling of experiencing "new" perceptions. It deconstructed everything I perceived to exist to pieces and rebuilt and reconstructed over and over again. I saw things beyond "N" and "S". Any and all categories that previously existed were destroyed. It was a little scary and a lot beautiful. i can relate to feeling like a free-floating particle in this sense.

What I did find interesting is that colours and strong visuals were not the "highlights" of any of these trips except salvia, which is how they've traditionally been described. Instead they were rather....conceptual. I don't know what that means beyond interesting^^

MBTI Type
Mann
Ahh ok :)

like nolla, it wasn't so much that weed gave me a feeling of experiencing different perceptions. it allows me to wade through already established perceptions, but not anything that's "new", or earth-shattering... it just allows me to perceive THOSE perceptions differently.

Wow that sounds like a very stoner thing to say. But there is a difference, I think. depending on if I smoke something that gives me a "body high" or a "mind high". In my head i see it like a sliding scale; for example when i'm "sober" I possess Extraverted Sensing but it's not nearly as well developed as my Extraverted Intuition, so i lean more towards a "mind high" on the scale. with weed I can either tip the scale ever more towards a mind high (Ne), or towards a body high (Se), but nothing beyond what is already "established". Keep in mind i'm generalising here, but using N and S perceptions as a reference point.

hallucinogens like acid, shrooms, and salvia are what gave me the feeling of experiencing "new" perceptions. It deconstructed everything I perceived to exist to pieces and rebuilt and reconstructed over and over again. I saw things beyond "N" and "S". Any and all categories that previously existed were destroyed. It was a little scary and a lot beautiful. i can relate to feeling like a free-floating particle in this sense.

What I did find interesting is that colours and strong visuals were not the "highlights" of any of these trips except salvia, which is how they've traditionally been described. Instead they were rather....conceptual. I don't know what that means beyond interesting^^

I know exactly how you feel about salvia, it scared the hell out of me seeing some of those things. I felt like I couldn't think, simply experience almost like I was forced out of my own mind. Where did the free floating take you?

priestessofmars

MBTI Type
INFJ
I smoke weed pretty regularly. I actually didn't do it til I was 18 and it was a great experience, it helped me learn new ways to cope with my anxiety and it lifted me out of a depression I'd been in for most of my life. Well I suppose I still get depressed so I should say it widened my perspective so that I didn't feel like I was living in a box, I was able to see outside of myself for the first time and see my life for what it was. It was very liberating for me. Now I see that the world is full of beauty, even the bad things are beautiful because its all one, there can't be joy without pain there can't be light without dark. Even though I still feel sad and even hopeless sometimes I know better now and I do think weed really helped me to see that.

Are you asking if we found we belonged to a certain niche after we did drugs because you don't know where you belong and are looking for your own niche?

stringstheory

THIS bitch
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I know exactly how you feel about salvia, it scared the hell out of me seeing some of those things. I felt like I couldn't think, simply experience almost like I was forced out of my own mind. Where did the free floating take you?

heh uh, well it lead me to a realization that in terms of the "big picture", I have no fucking clue what is going on. It's just that when I'm "sober", the illusion that I do is much more stable.

MBTI Type
Mann
heh uh, well it lead me to a realization that in terms of the "big picture", I have no fucking clue what is going on. It's just that when I'm "sober", the illusion that I do is much more stable.

That saddens me. I want to find more than an illusion. That is my whole reason for starting.