User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: ENFJ Staring

Glycerine

Default ENFJ Staring

I know this is going to sound really dumb but I have a slight problem with staring. Whenever I go into hard analysis, I seem to stare hardcore at things and people (Fe and Ni?). I don't realize until some stranger says "hi" or "can I help you?" I have had so many strangers respond to me this way. It happens to me multiple times a day. Occasionally, I have met eye contact with someone like 4+ in a 30 minute span (and of course, they had to be male). That's happened to me 3 times within the last two weeks. I get really paranoid about it. Do other ENFJs (or anyone else) have this lovely problem?
    Last edited by Glycerine; 09-25-2010 at 05:46 PM.

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

I'm rarely called out for it, but I usually observe or stare at the people I'm interacting with at the time. It's rare that I'm alone, so I focus my attention and analysis toward the conversation I'm having.
    There have been times where I know I'm pensively staring at someone longer than is acceptable. If they look at me, I'll just smile and switch my focus on something else. I'm pretty blunt though, so I'd just inform them were I confronted.

I definitely stare at my friends a lot, but they are used to it. It's like I'm examining their actions and expressions. It's also probably why I'm ridiculously good at recalling and mimicking their mannerisms.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

Glycerine

haha, it's JUST so hard not to stare....can't resist...CAN'T RESIST.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Maybe this helps you, in german there's a saying, if someone says "Why do you stare at me for so long ?" you say "Are you afraid I can stare a thing away on your body ?"

Maybe that helps for the next countermeasures needed to be taken
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w1
    Socionics
    ENFp

I read this and found it really interesting. I am not an ENFJ however I find myself staring quite often. The difference is - I stare at the wall or an object. I just go into almost a trance when analyzing something and almost "shut off" to reality for a while. I don't even see what I'm staring at - I just focus through it.

It's less as I get older, however as a child I remember doing it often.

89% Extroverted ~ 68% Intuition ~ 84% Feeling ~ 89% Perceiving
    Enneagram: 2w1 SO/SP Socionics: ENFp
    Cognitive Process
    Se 30.4% Si 19.1% - Ne 38.4% Ni 26.4% - Te 23.1% Ti 20% - Fe 46.4% Fi 35.8%
    Sanguine | Phlegmatic
    Right Brain Dominant

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

i poke my enfj friend when she does this. it's the observation thing. data collecting and theorizing.

i stare at things sometimes too though, like alexx. i think it's weird NF spaciness. the difference seems to be that NFPs stare through and NFJs stare into. me, i'm not paying a damn shred of attention to what i'm looking at. i'm off somewhere far, far away

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

I AM A STARER. I love to stare at people. They're all just so interesting, and past a point, I realize I'm being rude, but I don't care enough to stop.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

I stare at this monitor far too much.

Otherwise my eyes tend to dart around.

If it's a pretty lady, I never make it too obvious.. I will glance frequently rather than stare.

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    Occasionally, I have met eye contact with someone like 4+ in a 30 minute span (and of course, they had to be male). That's happened to me 3 times within the last two weeks. I get really paranoid about it. Do other ENFJs (or anyone else) have this lovely problem?
    I ended up accidentally staring at one of those guys again today. I have inadvertently stared at him numerous times. It usually goes like this: I am zoned out and he enters my peripheral vision and makes eye contact with me. It's creepy... I wish it didn't keep happening. He probably thinks I am a stalker..... lol

MBTI
    fool

Sometimes, when I talk to an ENFJ, she'll have this very specific kind of stare, very focused, intense, pure Ni, and I think it's so distinct because her usual mode is sort of... scattered. It's like she's in it then, absorbing everything. Can't really explain it. It's like a twinkle in her eyes. Very deep stare, very haunting, very piercing, in an absorbing kind of way.