User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: ENFJ Staring

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by nynesneg View Post
    Do you frequently lose your train of thought if you try to talk about something you feel very strongly about?
    If I'm telling a story and thinking about something else, sometimes I get derailed. . . . .
    If I feel strongly about something I kind of shut down and can't think rationally anymore. Because I feel so passionately about it I can't construct a coherent argument.

On a further separate note about staring...

My god. The intensity that occurs from prolonged eye contact with someone you know... it's as if you can reach into their very soul and touch it, inhale it. Can be overpoweringly good and bad. You've felt this?
    ::sigh::

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Do you frequently lose your train of thought if you try to talk about something you feel very strongly about?

On a further separate note about staring...

My god. The intensity that occurs from prolonged eye contact with someone you know... it's as if you can reach into their very soul and touch it, inhale it. Can be overpoweringly good and bad. You've felt this?
    I only lose my train of thought if I jumped into the topic too quickly and start remembering the order as I go along. It probably sounds super ADD, but it's actually extremely focused and draws in pertinent surrounding details from other places. The question is.. do I lose other people when that happens?
    My Mommy ENFJ gets sucked into the thought-loss vortex of her own doing. I've learned to summarize my points and stay on the main path. She'll elaborate on every detail that slightly-or-doesn't pertain, even if she keeps a thread of focus on the main topic. It's why she is paaaainful to listen to.

I'd say ENFJs are known for that soul-invading staring. It's been a while, but I know exactly what you're on about. To warmly peer into someone's soul is an amazing feeling and something we do best.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

MBTI
    fool

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    ^ did it creep you out at first? I think what you described is my problem. I have a feeling most people (especially guys) are unnerved and intimidated by it. It's like "what, why are you looking at me that way?" I wish that I knew how to control it but it's just how I am so it's very hard to control.
    It's like I see her realizing something and she's in a trance or something for a bit, it doesn't creep me out and I tend to love that intensity in people anyhow, and I too do the same thing. I am a little curious as to what is going on in her head while she's in it, though. It's like I can see the depth, but I can't hear it, she won't say it, and I want to know.

If you asked she would probably tell you
    Fe | Ni | Se | Ti ... 3w4 ... Lawful Neutral ... Johari -Nohari

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

wow, and here i just get distracted. thinking about how beautiful your eyes are or that it's really cool that you and your bond with me are so great that i am comfortable with being able to look at you like this and here you are breathing my soul

that's really cool to hear.

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by tibby View Post
    It's like I see her realizing something and she's in a trance or something for a bit, it doesn't creep me out and I tend to love that intensity in people anyhow, and I too do the same thing. I am a little curious as to what is going on in her head while she's in it, though. It's like I can see the depth, but I can't hear it, she won't say it, and I want to know.
    haha I love how you put it. Instead of being in a trance, people say that I'm just "spaced out". The ONLY person that I know that thought that I was actually trying to figure something out was my ENFJ (speculative) math teacher. He was like "I am just amazed at how you can stare at the board and grasp the material without hardly looking at your notes... do you even look at your notes?" Everyone else seems to think that I am a spaced out weirdo. People also say that I have a twinkle in my eye (like mischievous)

On the "prolonged staring" thing, it makes me feel awkward. The aforementioned teacher would STARE at me intensely to figure me out but I pretended not to notice and I think I did the same thing. I impressed him with something so when I came into class, I could feel his stare on the back of me and I looked at him and he commented on my achievement... awkward. Another time, he said "hi" to me in the lunch line and was trying to have a little conversation but I didn't want to because I was stressed about something. As a result, I was acting weird and I could totally see and feel him staring up and down my body... to analyze my body language? That creeped me out.

The thing about ENFJ staring is that I think it's probably more obvious than we all think. Although the teacher was awesome, I got kind of more paranoid about staring at people after having him as a teacher.

EDIT: I am not in love with this teacher and am not under the delusion that he had a crush on me. He was just an interesting (ENFJ?) case study.

Glycerine

DAMN.... I must have sounded like a big ass creeper. lol

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

In class today, I kept looking over and I caught this girl staring at me like 2 times. It was spooky. On my piece of paper I wrote "RAPE!!" unconsciously.
    Oh, its
    You

Glycerine

ENFJ creeper alert.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

She was cute though...It was just a bit scary since she was so quiet...
    Oh, its
    You