• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFJ] ENFJ Staring

ExAstrisSpes

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Do you frequently lose your train of thought if you try to talk about something you feel very strongly about?

If I'm telling a story and thinking about something else, sometimes I get derailed. . . . .
If I feel strongly about something I kind of shut down and can't think rationally anymore. Because I feel so passionately about it I can't construct a coherent argument.

On a further separate note about staring...

My god. The intensity that occurs from prolonged eye contact with someone you know... it's as if you can reach into their very soul and touch it, inhale it. Can be overpoweringly good and bad. You've felt this?

::sigh::

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Do you frequently lose your train of thought if you try to talk about something you feel very strongly about?

On a further separate note about staring...

My god. The intensity that occurs from prolonged eye contact with someone you know... it's as if you can reach into their very soul and touch it, inhale it. Can be overpoweringly good and bad. You've felt this?

I only lose my train of thought if I jumped into the topic too quickly and start remembering the order as I go along. :laugh: It probably sounds super ADD, but it's actually extremely focused and draws in pertinent surrounding details from other places. The question is.. do I lose other people when that happens?
My Mommy ENFJ gets sucked into the thought-loss vortex of her own doing. I've learned to summarize my points and stay on the main path. She'll elaborate on every detail that slightly-or-doesn't pertain, even if she keeps a thread of focus on the main topic. It's why she is paaaainful to listen to. :shocking:

I'd say ENFJs are known for that soul-invading staring. It's been a while, but I know exactly what you're on about. To warmly peer into someone's soul is an amazing feeling and something we do best.

tibby

MBTI Type
fool
^ did it creep you out at first? I think what you described is my problem. I have a feeling most people (especially guys) are unnerved and intimidated by it. It's like "what, why are you looking at me that way?" I wish that I knew how to control it but it's just how I am so it's very hard to control.

It's like I see her realizing something and she's in a trance or something for a bit, it doesn't creep me out and I tend to love that intensity in people anyhow, and I too do the same thing. I am a little curious as to what is going on in her head while she's in it, though. It's like I can see the depth, but I can't hear it, she won't say it, and I want to know.

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
If you asked she would probably tell you :)

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

:shock:

wow, and here i just get distracted. thinking about how beautiful your eyes are or that it's really cool that you and your bond with me are so great that i am comfortable with being able to look at you like this and here you are breathing my soul

that's really cool to hear. :yes:

G

Glycerine

It's like I see her realizing something and she's in a trance or something for a bit, it doesn't creep me out and I tend to love that intensity in people anyhow, and I too do the same thing. I am a little curious as to what is going on in her head while she's in it, though. It's like I can see the depth, but I can't hear it, she won't say it, and I want to know.
haha I love how you put it. Instead of being in a trance, people say that I'm just "spaced out". The ONLY person that I know that thought that I was actually trying to figure something out was my ENFJ (speculative) math teacher. He was like "I am just amazed at how you can stare at the board and grasp the material without hardly looking at your notes... do you even look at your notes?" Everyone else seems to think that I am a spaced out weirdo. :rofl1: People also say that I have a twinkle in my eye (like mischievous) :)

On the "prolonged staring" thing, it makes me feel awkward. The aforementioned teacher would STARE at me intensely to figure me out but I pretended not to notice and I think I did the same thing. I impressed him with something so when I came into class, I could feel his stare on the back of me and I looked at him and he commented on my achievement... awkward. Another time, he said "hi" to me in the lunch line and was trying to have a little conversation but I didn't want to because I was stressed about something. As a result, I was acting weird and I could totally see and feel him staring up and down my body... to analyze my body language? That creeped me out.

The thing about ENFJ staring is that I think it's probably more obvious than we all think. Although the teacher was awesome, I got kind of more paranoid about staring at people after having him as a teacher.

EDIT: I am not in love with this teacher and am not under the delusion that he had a crush on me. He was just an interesting (ENFJ?) case study.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
In class today, I kept looking over and I caught this girl staring at me like 2 times. It was spooky. On my piece of paper I wrote "RAPE!!" unconsciously.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
She was cute though...It was just a bit scary since she was so quiet...

G

Glycerine

hahaha, when I go into a trance, I don't say anything... so you never know.... muwahahah

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
I think she knew she creeped me out because she ran out of the class hella fast as soon as we were let out.

Qre:us

I've been accused of this.

My ESFx best friend, "Why are you staring at me?"

Me: "Huh?"

ESFx: "You just kept staring and staring at me."

Me: "Oh, sorry. I wasn't staring. I was just zoned out. Thinking."

ESFx: "Well, it makes me feel really weird when you look at me like that."

Me: "Huh? Really? But, I'm not doing it on purpose....."

[time elapses]

ESFx: "Right there! You're DOING IT AGAIN!!!"

:doh:

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
She did look kinda like you....

G

Glycerine

I don't in CA though... that would be freaky if I did though.

Vie

Giggity
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
My friend is an ENFJ...

And I constantly catch her staring at me or other people. It's really creepy, because she has this smile on her face like she finds nothing better than staring at people.
When I point it out she is staring, she doesn't even realize she is doing it. haaaaaaaa

G

Glycerine

My friend is an ENFJ...

And I constantly catch her staring at me or other people. It's really creepy, because she has this smile on her face like she finds nothing better than staring at people.
When I point it out she is staring, she doesn't even realize she is doing it. haaaaaaaa
It's INSANELY creepy, I agree. The ENFJ is just so incredibly intense it's like a bulldog that latches on.