User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

cafe: I've gone though some of that, but it was more of a prolonged, gradual thing owing to being married with two children by my 25th birthday. There were so many real crises that the purely internal ones didn't get a lot of space in the front of my mind, if that makes sense.
    Yes - perfect sense.
    Last edited by mochajava; 09-23-2010 at 01:59 PM. Reason: added OP

MBTI
    EnfJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Default good point

I just realized that maybe mine was so big or consolidated is that my religious beliefs and college had my mindset occupied well into my 20s. I was good in college to get A's and take learning serious and had no diversity of thought/friends. It wasn't until living on my own I was able to break out of my past mindset's of groups.

So all of a sudden on your own you can define your existence, joys, and internal beliefs without repercussions.
    Extroverted (E) 67.74% Introverted (I) 32.26%
    Intuitive (N) 51.72% Sensing (S) 48.28%
    Feeling (F) 51.61% Thinking (T) 48.39%
    Judging (J) 69.44% Perceiving (P) 30.56%

Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||||||||||| 83%
    so/sx/sp

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I have a fair amount of enmity with my family of origin due to same changes in my belief system. My family was Pentecostal Christian and I still consider myself Pentecostal, but I've found that I generally dislike Pentecostal churches and oftentimes, Evangelical/religious conservative people.

Actually went through a pretty intense and devastating crisis of faith at about 24 but my husband and I went through it together. We ended up dropping out of Bible college and going through some really rough financial stuff. Then we kind of regrouped and went back a few years later for him to finish his degree, but soon afterward discovered that it was not a feasible or particularly desirable career path.

Over time we've become more and more dissatisfied with the American Evangelical movement, have become much more politically liberal -- we don't find that conservative politics reflect reality or the Christian message, at least not from where we stand.

So . . . our siblings and our mothers deeply disapprove with the way we do certain things (I don't home school the kids and I'm fairly permissive about media, etc). I think we're doing great and it hurts my feelings to encounter so much disapproval, but what can you do? My faith in God has survived some heavy hits and it is strong, but it looks a little different than it did when I was younger and it doesn't look like that of a lot of people who share my core religious beliefs. I don't know whether to laugh or cry at the idea that we are the black sheep of our families -- we're so quiet and boring. Laugh I guess.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

if i had quarter life crisis at 17... does that mean i'll live until 68?
    it could be 1/3 life crisis, but that'd mean i'll live until 51.

not good in any case.

if it was mid life, i'll be dead at 34.

if i have prolonged quarter life crisis, ex.. from 17 till 30, ...then if i want to calculate how mcuh i am gonna live, do i take biggest number (30) or smallest (17)....68 and 120 makes a difference.

What will happen to me ?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

let me express this better, these ideas i had about why we are experiencing crisis points.

have you ever heard of the full moons brings more crisis than usual. hospital happens to have more emergencies on the day, more death occur on those days. its like when i was in aged care, things just happened during certain times that are a curiosity.

and so certain points of energy shift accordingly. when we are in an energy state that is waxing and waning like a tide we are going to feel more anxious, more confused and this is when pressure builds. as with the stresses in our lives. we are inviting them in by forgetting to take care of ourselves. and to release that energy somewhere. it does eventually release in the form of a crisis.

it really is about change and resistance. and finding ways to accommodate what feels right and what feels wrong. the more wrong points you get your bodies stresses increase, the more right points you get your bodies stresses decrease. hahah like cholesterol or sugar illnesses. remove the the fats, salts and sugars and remarkably your body starts to get back to normal. and so too it would apply towards a satisfaction vs dissatisfaction in the direction you are going your intuitive guidance lets you know by protesting against wherever you are and letting you know you just can't take this kind of crap, time out! until you start addressing what is going on and either adapt to the situations or create a new set of situations that are more acceptable to your way of being and hence change. possible!

Quote Originally Posted by Chunes View Post
    I've been in my quarter-life crisis since age 17. I'm almost 26 now. Part of it has been resolved, but the money and career aspect of it remains. I seem to be unable to bring myself to accept that money is important or something to be sought. I can't wrap my head around it. I absolutely hate the things that must be done to get it. The people who say "do what you love" just don't get it. I don't want to sell my soul. Those things are too sacred to be desecrated by insidious money.
    I feel the exact same way. Only thing I can think to do is build this: Fencl and simply wander around the country.

MBTI
    EnfJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Default oh oh

hahah that fencl is amazing. I like it!
    Extroverted (E) 67.74% Introverted (I) 32.26%
    Intuitive (N) 51.72% Sensing (S) 48.28%
    Feeling (F) 51.61% Thinking (T) 48.39%
    Judging (J) 69.44% Perceiving (P) 30.56%

Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||||||||||| 83%
    so/sx/sp

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC View Post
    Characteristics of quarter-life crisis may include:

* realizing that the pursuits of one's peers are useless
    * confronting their own mortality
    * watching time slowly take its toll on their parents, only to realize they are next
    * insecurity regarding the fact that their actions are meaningless
    * insecurity concerning ability to love themselves, let alone another person
    * insecurity regarding present accomplishments
    * re-evaluation of close interpersonal relationships
    * lack of friendships or romantic relationships, sexual frustration, and involuntary celibacy
    * disappointment with one's job
    * nostalgia for university, college, high school or elementary school life
    * tendency to hold stronger opinions
    * boredom with social interactions
    * loss of closeness to high school and college friends
    * financially-rooted stress (overwhelming college loans, unanticipatedly high cost of living, etc.)
    * loneliness, depression and suicidal tendencies
    * desire to have children
    * a sense that everyone is, somehow, doing better than oneself
    * frustration with social skills
    wow, I did all of these just today, and probably some of these at least once a day or every other day for the past year or two. It isn't that bad though since I tend to find humor in it.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Petra Pan View Post
    if i had quarter life crisis at 17... does that mean i'll live until 68?
    it could be 1/3 life crisis, but that'd mean i'll live until 51.

not good in any case.

if it was mid life, i'll be dead at 34.

if i have prolonged quarter life crisis, ex.. from 17 till 30, ...then if i want to calculate how mcuh i am gonna live, do i take biggest number (30) or smallest (17)....68 and 120 makes a difference.

What will happen to me ?
    Just use smaller fractions. Think of it as a 1/5th life crisis or a 1/6th life crisis. Then you can live to be 85 and 102 respectively.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

It is possible that currently there is some kind of energy shift that is creating some sort of strange opposite land reaction that may or mayn't constitute another fresh new and often not so new quarter misgiving about life and the times for me, used to it I guess.