MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6?
    Socionics
    o.O

Default Wondering what NF's beliefs are

PLEASE VOTE

and please don't start a debate whos view is correct, thats for that other board/place

If you don't kno the difference:

Gnostic Theist: "I believe in a God, and we can prove it."

Agnotstic Theist: "I believe in a God, but I don't think we can prove or disprove it."

Gnostic Atheist: "I don't believe in a God, and I think we can prove it."

Agnostic Atheist: "I don't believe in a God, and I don't think we can prove or disprove it."

Implicit Atheism: Basically people who havn't made up thier minds yet, like newborns.

Explicit Atheism: An active disbelief.(one of the first two atheistic beliefs)

Sorry if none of those choices suit you.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

What do you mean by "prove"? As in scientific proof?
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6?
    Socionics
    o.O

of course, or at least thier interpretation of scientifically proving it

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI

Agnotstic Theist: "I believe in a God, but I don't think we can prove or disprove it."
    I think that the possibility to prove God's existence belies the actual concept of God. If we could prove it without a shadow of a doubt, faith would be meaningless. It'd be in the same realm as prostitution, where we're given a tangible to devote ourselves to God.

It says a lot more about my love if I can overcome the doubts that come with being a human and believe in something based on how I feel, which is the beauty of humanity, and not how I think, which is a weak and flawed method of interaction with the world.

Plus, humans will never be able to prove something like that. We don't even know what consciousness is, or what life is. We can't explain why an amoeba created in a test tube isn't the same as one created in nature. We can completely reconstruct even the simplest of organisms, but that doesn't mean we know what makes their bodies different from the "life" that moves the structure.

We can't even manage to establish a system where there's no hunger hunger or war.

But we're gonna prove there is or isn't a God, right?

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away." -Ekaku Hakuin
    http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...psdunkqmep.png
    5w4 . IEI . Chaotic Good
    Right-Libertarian Minarchist

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Shiet_Happens View Post
    of course, or at least thier interpretation of scientifically proving it
    Well, science studies the natural world. It does not study the realm of spirituality. Science cannot prove or disprove God, but that's due to the limitation of science. To me, it's beside the point to prove/disprove God scientifically.

If the first answer means to have a reasonable explanation regarding the existence of a personable God, then that's different...
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Enneagram

I believe in a God, but I think our capacity of knowledge cannot prove its existence.
    But I do believe that religion, gods, priests and all those religious elements has a very clear moral end, to live a good life so we can live happy. I think this is rather the ultimate goal of religion and all its kinds, even atheism, using faith or the lack of it as a tool to live a good happy life. Practical reason put into practice.

So I'm an agnostic theist.

I am a Gnostic Theist, and prove God's existence by fiat (i.e. with my huge ego).

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I voted for agnostic theist, because we can't really prove God's existence to everyone's satisfaction, but I'm convinced that God exists because I have experienced divine intervention in my own life. Things have happened in my life that are so amazingly weird and improbable that there really is no other explanation.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I am a Gnostic Theist, and prove God's existence by fiat (i.e. with my huge ego).

garbage

I don't think that we'll be able to prove a concept that's so personal, philosophical, and abstract.

Many have differing perceptions of what God is. Arriving at a common definition and refining that definition in the face of new information would be a good place to start when trying to prove the existence of God. Some definitions are self-evident ("God is the universe"), others are not ("One specific person died to cleanse us of sin").

I also don't think proof is as worthy a goal as we tend to believe. We'd be better off to focus on our personal connection to whatever God is.