• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Wondering what NF's beliefs are

Your boleves

• Gnostic Theist

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Agnostic Theist

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Gnostic Atheist

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Agnostic Atheist

Votes: 14 40.0%
  • Implicit Atheist

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • ALL OF DEM/none of them

Votes: 3 8.6%

• Total voters

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
Oh I agree with many of Christianity's concepts (and like you said there is some overlapping with Buddhism too). But I just don't need to believe in a god to do all those things and be that person. Nor is there a good reason why there has to be a god for it to be valid.

lol, I can relate to Sytpg.

This is the main reason I choose to identify as an atheist after I was done studying all the religions in search of "answers". I don't need to believe in God to do good things and to help people. I don't need to be rewarded for doing good unto others and I don't think doing good unto others needs God(s)/religion to be valid. Infact, I think that kind of thinking is a huge mistake. If that makes sense.

Explicit Atheism didn't have an option so i ended up accidentally voting Implicit Atheism because I'm high. :alttongue:

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
said something, lets try again

the belief system as a premise to good health hinges upon a clear understanding of certain principles that govern who we are in our self belief modality. this means that as each individual learns to accept their self identity their beliefs tend to change. because any kind of belief is a change in in accordance with adopting another belief system that was invented, not by them. as such they are choosing a presumed safety in belief that is digestible in their framework of identity.

and belief is usually a supposition of intentionality between the mind and the heart. what the mind believes and what the heart believes are totally different to what the spirit wants. but then the confusion of the mind and the heart is strong. especially when it comes to spirituality. for the physicality, the tangible and intangible are strange commodities in this world of ours they are indeed.

when you fear something and chose to distance from that fear of the unknown you are tending to access the part of which you feel or think is safest. like an opposite reaction to something that your body is telling you is inherently wrong but your mind is saying its in a different way and your heart is saying it in a different way again. as is your spirit is but your intuition knows what is the right way. after all and then you are left with what to choose if anything over anything in the realm of belief.

would some beliefs be controlling devices to create a state of hypnosis probably .are some beliefs even necessary, spiritual even. yes for though we find this energy confusing, there is a disharmony here, a disquiet about the principles that exist and people can quite rightly so see it, and then they turn to their inner guidance system as their intuition would hopefuly lean towards that energy that most feels right to them.

and the nature of situation is such that we are energy, and we are light. and as energy and light we are part of matter, and as such we are beings of light as light is our being. and the source energy that is given names, as is in spiritual and religious contexts is a cosmological extension of association to identifiable personifications of those ideologies that are part of this physicality, what that means is whatever belief system you adopt is appropriate towards your comprehension what it means to acclimatise in this most human condition of ours.

after all much like trance states through any medium, be it meditation, prayer, dreams. or whatever that may be we give rise to belief. and whatever belief we give rise to when enough people believe in the energy manifestation than it is going to be large enough, consciousness enough for them to think it so and so it is.

ha.

but then what do i believe in. well i believe that we are energy, and source energy exists within and out outside of us but that is a dualistic way of looking at it. rather i believe that we are light and that light is who we are trying to remember as a transcended state of knowing the essential self, from the being it is and always has been about our self and our personal journey of discovering the belief in our light energy that is a manifestation of source energy that is one and the same. in many respects we then create personifications of these events as Godheads that are misaligned from the intent that the energy is meant for. for we are learning and expanding consciousness reaching points of awareness of ourselves and others through universal energies that are part of our essence as well.

haha buggered if i know.

Xellotath

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Postmodern existentialist. No god for me, thank you.

Clicked on AA, because it seemed closest.

MBTI Type
Mann
Alright, sometime once somebody said "we are a way for the universe to know itself" which always stuck with me. I'm kinda thinking if there is a "God" it is all consciousness. Kinda like an expanded version of collective unconscious. I dunno really. I normally wouldn't have said anything, but I figure its about time to open my INFP self to the world. Be gentle?

stringstheory

THIS bitch
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Alright, sometime once somebody said "we are a way for the universe to know itself" which always stuck with me. I'm kinda thinking if there is a "God" it is all consciousness. Kinda like an expanded version of collective unconscious. I dunno really. I normally wouldn't have said anything, but I figure its about time to open my INFP self to the world. Be gentle?

Carl Sagan :yes:

Shiet_Happens

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6?
:cheers:

I believe in God, I also believe that a person should choose their beliefs themselves and not have someone else tell them what to believe. That's not to say that someone shouldn't consider other people's views, but to just believe what someone tells you without evaluating it for yourself is dangerous.

So True

I have been a Christian since a child, and, get this, I was baptized last year so I decided I should delve deeper into the religion and learn more about it. Basically I became an gnostic atheist after 3-4 months lmao. I realized that it was so illogical and flat out stupid.....:doh::doh::doh:

So yes, please evaluate everything, WITH an OPEN MIND, don't be scared that your beliefs may change, because humanity should pursue the truth no matter where it leads.

Shiet_Happens

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6?
I voted gnostic theist, although I am unsure of how I can prove to other people that God exists. I think that "proving" God exists defeats the purpose. You're supposed to have faith in God, regardless if there is proof or not.

If we did have proof it would be a fact, not a belief.

What is the point of believing in anything other than the facts, the real thing? If there is no proof, then why believe it? Faith is believing in something without evidence, which makes no sense at all. Ahhh dammit, for some reason I can't upload any of my pictures!!:steam::steam::steam:

Shiet_Happens

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6?

Caaarrrrllll Saaagggaaaannn!!! his series are so inspiring, and it always makes me happy watching it :D even when if I'm angry :bananallama:

The whole quotes goes something like this? "...the cosmos is within us, we are made of star stuff, we are a way for the cosmos to know itself,..."

stringstheory

THIS bitch
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Ahh what do you think of the rest of it?

sorry, the rest of...?

Caaarrrrllll Saaagggaaaannn!!! his series are so inspiring, and it always makes me happy watching it even when if I'm angry

The whole quotes goes something like this? "...the cosmos is within us, we are made of star stuff, we are a way for the cosmos to know itself,..."

“Some part of our being knows this is where we came from [the stars], we long to return. And we can because the Cosmos is also within us; we are made of 'star stuff' - we are a way for the Cosmos to know itself.”

Cosmos is like my Bible man...no joke.

although, i will say, that's why i asked how we are defining "proof" in this exercise. If my spiritual beliefs are centered around science or "the scientific method", are mine suddenly more valid because I can provide that "proof"? I don't think so; the cards are just stacked in favour of my beliefs. It's not so simple, especially when you take into account things like scientific racism/sexist/other biases, and a general human-centric bias...