• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Wondering what NF's beliefs are

Your boleves

• Gnostic Theist

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Agnostic Theist

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Gnostic Atheist

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Agnostic Atheist

Votes: 14 40.0%
  • Implicit Atheist

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • ALL OF DEM/none of them

Votes: 3 8.6%

• Total voters

Shiet_Happens

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6?
PLEASE VOTE :)

and please don't start a debate whos view is correct, thats for that other board/place

If you don't kno the difference:

Gnostic Theist: "I believe in a God, and we can prove it."

Agnotstic Theist: "I believe in a God, but I don't think we can prove or disprove it."

Gnostic Atheist: "I don't believe in a God, and I think we can prove it."

Agnostic Atheist: "I don't believe in a God, and I don't think we can prove or disprove it."

Implicit Atheism: Basically people who havn't made up thier minds yet, like newborns.

Explicit Atheism: An active disbelief.(one of the first two atheistic beliefs)

Sorry if none of those choices suit you.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What do you mean by "prove"? As in scientific proof?

Shiet_Happens

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6?
of course, or at least thier interpretation of scientifically proving it

tkae.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Agnotstic Theist: "I believe in a God, but I don't think we can prove or disprove it."

I think that the possibility to prove God's existence belies the actual concept of God. If we could prove it without a shadow of a doubt, faith would be meaningless. It'd be in the same realm as prostitution, where we're given a tangible to devote ourselves to God.

It says a lot more about my love if I can overcome the doubts that come with being a human and believe in something based on how I feel, which is the beauty of humanity, and not how I think, which is a weak and flawed method of interaction with the world.

Plus, humans will never be able to prove something like that. We don't even know what consciousness is, or what life is. We can't explain why an amoeba created in a test tube isn't the same as one created in nature. We can completely reconstruct even the simplest of organisms, but that doesn't mean we know what makes their bodies different from the "life" that moves the structure.

We can't even manage to establish a system where there's no hunger hunger or war.

But we're gonna prove there is or isn't a God, right?

:shock:

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
of course, or at least thier interpretation of scientifically proving it

Well, science studies the natural world. It does not study the realm of spirituality. Science cannot prove or disprove God, but that's due to the limitation of science. To me, it's beside the point to prove/disprove God scientifically.

If the first answer means to have a reasonable explanation regarding the existence of a personable God, then that's different...

jdmn

Enneagram
I believe in a God, but I think our capacity of knowledge cannot prove its existence.
But I do believe that religion, gods, priests and all those religious elements has a very clear moral end, to live a good life so we can live happy. I think this is rather the ultimate goal of religion and all its kinds, even atheism, using faith or the lack of it as a tool to live a good happy life. Practical reason put into practice.

So I'm an agnostic theist. :D

KDude

I am a Gnostic Theist, and prove God's existence by fiat (i.e. with my huge ego).

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I voted for agnostic theist, because we can't really prove God's existence to everyone's satisfaction, but I'm convinced that God exists because I have experienced divine intervention in my own life. Things have happened in my life that are so amazingly weird and improbable that there really is no other explanation. :shock:

G

garbage

I don't think that we'll be able to prove a concept that's so personal, philosophical, and abstract.

Many have differing perceptions of what God is. Arriving at a common definition and refining that definition in the face of new information would be a good place to start when trying to prove the existence of God. Some definitions are self-evident ("God is the universe"), others are not ("One specific person died to cleanse us of sin").

I also don't think proof is as worthy a goal as we tend to believe. We'd be better off to focus on our personal connection to whatever God is.

stringstheory

THIS bitch
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
well it think it also depends on how we define "proof"

I mean, if my "god" is science (you could say it is I guess), and the scientific method is the standard by which we're measuring this "proof" then uh...that's problematic.

streetlightfancy

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I voted gnostic theist, although I am unsure of how I can prove to other people that God exists. I think that "proving" God exists defeats the purpose. You're supposed to have faith in God, regardless if there is proof or not.

If we did have proof it would be a fact, not a belief.

Coco

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I don't believe in any kind of god, psychic powers, ect.

Random Ness

Cool, us agnostics rule the poll!!!

I, though, am beyond agnosticism. I'm a nihilist. It's like extreme agnosticism--not only do I believe that the concept of a god is subjective, but I think existence itself is subjective.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I'm an agnostic atheist.

Still :

Epicurus.jpg

And being recently studying buddhism (which takes a very logical approach to all of this) only reinforces the "beliefs" I've held since I was a little kid.

KDude

And being recently studying buddhism (which takes a very logical approach to all of this) only reinforces the "beliefs" I've held since I was a little kid.

I would try to stop evil myself, and I do it because of beliefs in God. Maybe God's just experimenting with having agents to do this, in this little epoch of ours. Ever thought of that? :cheese: I could even find support in Christianity for the very same thoughts Buddhism espouses.. that what ultimately matters is right action, etc.. To turn the question on ourselves. If there's evil, is it more productive to ask what God is doing, or what you are doing? Even Jesus of Nazareth answers like a Buddhist. They are more alike than not.

Once, having been asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, Jesus replied, "The kingdom of God does not come with your careful observation, nor will people say, 'Here it is,' or 'There it is,' because the kingdom of God is within you." Luke 17:20

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I would try to stop evil myself, and I do it because of beliefs in God. Maybe God's just experimenting with having agents to do this, in this little epoch of ours. Ever thought of that? :cheese: I could even find support in Christianity for the very same thoughts Buddhism espouses.. that what ultimately matters is right action, etc.. To turn the question on ourselves. If there's evil, is it more productive to ask what God is doing, or what you are doing? Even Jesus of Nazareth answers like a Buddhist. They are more alike than not.

Once, having been asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, Jesus replied, "The kingdom of God does not come with your careful observation, nor will people say, 'Here it is,' or 'There it is,' because the kingdom of God is within you." Luke 17:20

Oh I agree with many of Christianity's concepts (and like you said there is some overlapping with Buddhism too). But I just don't need to believe in a god to do all those things and be that person. Nor is there a good reason why there has to be a god for it to be valid.

caboose

MBTI Type
INFP
I am a Gnostic Theist, and prove God's existence by fiat (i.e. with my huge ego).
:cheers:

I believe in God, I also believe that a person should choose their beliefs themselves and not have someone else tell them what to believe. That's not to say that someone shouldn't consider other people's views, but to just believe what someone tells you without evaluating it for yourself is dangerous.

ubee0173

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
agnostic atheist. it just seems a bit farfetched- the idea of some puppetting us through life's little drudgeries. it would be great if there was a god or whatever, but to me its kind of in the boat with ghosts and santa claus. people should still be good to one another, though- a disbelief in god or religion shouldnt be a cop-out for being a shitty human.