3 8.33%
First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    EII

well it think it also depends on how we define "proof"

I mean, if my "god" is science (you could say it is I guess), and the scientific method is the standard by which we're measuring this "proof" then uh...that's problematic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Introverted Feeling (46.7)
    Extraverted Intuition (45.7)
    Introverted Intuition (37.5)
    Introverted Thinking(26.5)
    Extraverted Feeling (25.4)
    Extraverted Thinking (22.1)
    Extraverted Sensing (19.5)
    Introverted Sensing (17.0)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

I voted gnostic theist, although I am unsure of how I can prove to other people that God exists. I think that "proving" God exists defeats the purpose. You're supposed to have faith in God, regardless if there is proof or not.

If we did have proof it would be a fact, not a belief.
    whose world is this?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

I don't believe in any kind of god, psychic powers, ect.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    EII

eh, fuggit, I went with Agnostic Atheist.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Introverted Feeling (46.7)
    Extraverted Intuition (45.7)
    Introverted Intuition (37.5)
    Introverted Thinking(26.5)
    Extraverted Feeling (25.4)
    Extraverted Thinking (22.1)
    Extraverted Sensing (19.5)
    Introverted Sensing (17.0)

Cool, us agnostics rule the poll!!!

I, though, am beyond agnosticism. I'm a nihilist. It's like extreme agnosticism--not only do I believe that the concept of a god is subjective, but I think existence itself is subjective.

MBTI
    ISFJ

I'm an agnostic atheist.

Still :

And being recently studying buddhism (which takes a very logical approach to all of this) only reinforces the "beliefs" I've held since I was a little kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    And being recently studying buddhism (which takes a very logical approach to all of this) only reinforces the "beliefs" I've held since I was a little kid.
    I would try to stop evil myself, and I do it because of beliefs in God. Maybe God's just experimenting with having agents to do this, in this little epoch of ours. Ever thought of that? I could even find support in Christianity for the very same thoughts Buddhism espouses.. that what ultimately matters is right action, etc.. To turn the question on ourselves. If there's evil, is it more productive to ask what God is doing, or what you are doing? Even Jesus of Nazareth answers like a Buddhist. They are more alike than not.

Once, having been asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, Jesus replied, "The kingdom of God does not come with your careful observation, nor will people say, 'Here it is,' or 'There it is,' because the kingdom of God is within you." Luke 17:20

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I would try to stop evil myself, and I do it because of beliefs in God. Maybe God's just experimenting with having agents to do this, in this little epoch of ours. Ever thought of that? I could even find support in Christianity for the very same thoughts Buddhism espouses.. that what ultimately matters is right action, etc.. To turn the question on ourselves. If there's evil, is it more productive to ask what God is doing, or what you are doing? Even Jesus of Nazareth answers like a Buddhist. They are more alike than not.

Once, having been asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, Jesus replied, "The kingdom of God does not come with your careful observation, nor will people say, 'Here it is,' or 'There it is,' because the kingdom of God is within you." Luke 17:20
    Oh I agree with many of Christianity's concepts (and like you said there is some overlapping with Buddhism too). But I just don't need to believe in a god to do all those things and be that person. Nor is there a good reason why there has to be a god for it to be valid.

MBTI
    INFP

I am a Gnostic Theist, and prove God's existence by fiat (i.e. with my huge ego).

I believe in God, I also believe that a person should choose their beliefs themselves and not have someone else tell them what to believe. That's not to say that someone shouldn't consider other people's views, but to just believe what someone tells you without evaluating it for yourself is dangerous.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    iei

agnostic atheist. it just seems a bit farfetched- the idea of some puppetting us through life's little drudgeries. it would be great if there was a god or whatever, but to me its kind of in the boat with ghosts and santa claus. people should still be good to one another, though- a disbelief in god or religion shouldnt be a cop-out for being a shitty human.
    I will buy you a drink and I'll tell you what I think, and tomorrow, in the morning, I won't be sorry that I didn't sleep.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]