User Tag List

First 5678917 Last

Results 61 to 70 of 401

  1. #61
    Retired Member Wonkavision's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    1,155

    Default

    OK, so at this moment I'm wondering:

    Is there any kind of rule, written or unwritten, that the OP has broken?

    And if so, what is the rule?


    OR, if you prefer:

    Is there a better way, in your opinion, that I could have phrased it?


    OR:

    In your opinion, should it not have even been posted in the first place?
    __________________


    I'M OUTTA HERE.

    IT'S BEEN FUN.

    TAKE CARE.

    PEACE OUT!!!


  2. #62
    Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Posts
    6,885

    Default

    I had a problem understanding, but that's no rule. That's just me being a dumb ass.

  3. #63
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    I have noticed in general that INTPs especially will rip you a new one if they see your OP is not consistent/doesn't make sense and isn't well thought out. The problem is that they (sometimes) dismiss good ideas just because the logic was fuzzy/non-existent/not thought through. But mature INTPs will look at it despite the logical consistency or at least give you the chance to defend/revamp your argument, as most people here did in the thread.
    No one has to word their post a certain way just to please a select few individuals who are incapable of relating to people as human beings. That's their problem to work on. This isn't a debate forum, nor is a certain brand of "logic" required to enage in a group discussion. Besides, what some think is logic, is nothing more than throwing dog crap against the wall and waiting to see what sticks. "Baffle them with bullshit," is the motto.

  4. #64
    Senor Membrane
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    3,190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wonkavision View Post
    Is there any kind of rule, written or unwritten, that the OP has broken?
    No, not a rule. It has a lecturing tone that isn't really "inviting"...

    Quote Originally Posted by Wonkavision View Post
    In your opinion, should it not have even been posted in the first place?
    Why not... no one's forced to read it...

  5. #65
    Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Posts
    6,885

    Default

    It was more of a guess than an expert opinion, Jaguar....just a hypothesis I was throwing out there.

  6. #66
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    It was more of a guess than an expert opinion, Jaguar....just a hypothesis I was throwing out there.
    And a good guess it was.
    My post was more of a comment to everyone, not just you.
    I was certainly not finding any fault in your post, if that's what you were thinking.

  7. #67
    Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Posts
    6,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    And a good guess it was.
    My post was more of a comment to everyone, not just you.
    I was ceraintly not finding any fault in your post, if that's what you were thinking.
    No worries, I wasn't worried about that. I like to listen to your ideas!

    I have to wake up early, so you guys have fun puzzling it out!

  8. #68
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,409

    Default

    Well, that was a shit typing job on my part. Ceraintly? Lol.

  9. #69
    Retired Member Wonkavision's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    1,155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post

    No, not a rule. It has a lecturing tone that isn't really "inviting"...
    Did you perceive a lecturing tone in the OP?
    __________________


    I'M OUTTA HERE.

    IT'S BEEN FUN.

    TAKE CARE.

    PEACE OUT!!!


  10. #70
    Senor Membrane
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    3,190

    Default

    Yeah, in the way that you list many things appearing very certain about them being facts. It doesn't leave much room for discussion, and doesn't seem to reflect your intent to bounce ideas off other people.

Similar Threads

  1. [ENFP] ENFP's with ADD/ADHD
    By findthejake in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 02-03-2015, 02:54 AM
  2. [ENFP] ENFP struggles with her mediocrity / generalist-ness
    By revolve in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 10-23-2010, 06:54 PM
  3. Handle with care
    By proteanmix in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-28-2009, 08:48 PM
  4. [ENFP] ENFP's with other types
    By sketcheasy in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 08-23-2008, 11:52 PM
  5. [ENFP] ENFP's with anxiety disorders
    By gretch in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-07-2007, 07:06 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO