User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Perhaps when an ENFP is pissed, they fall into their shadow and temporarily behave like a totally psycho, misaligned, holy-crap-what-the-hell-is-that XSTJ.

I'm not talking about a healthy one, here, those people are awesome.

I'M RIGHT ABOUT THIS. YOU SUCK. TELL ME I'M RIGHT OR YOU'RE GETTING A KICK IN THE PANTS!!!!!! RAWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR LISTEN TO ME!!!!!

I'm CAVE MAN!

I'm HURT so I'm gonna make YOU HURT! (Metaphorically speaking of course)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    Hmm... Does this desire to express need a "target"? I can understand getting stuff out of your system, but if there is no need to influence others, then why not buy a punching bag? There is a big chance here that you will be misinterpreted by the people not knowing what is going on...
    Well, it may be type-related, but I guess I'll only speak for myself on this point.

I don't usually have a particular "target."

It seems like there's some kind of assumption that the only reason to address an issue in public is if you have a particular "target".

It seems natural to me to bring up issues spontaneously, as they come to me.

It's not that I post every thought that occurs to me on this forum. My post count is pretty low considering how long I've been here.

It's just that I don't really fuss too much about whether I should raise an issue or not. I just do it or don't do it.

It remains to be seen whether that's just a natural part of my personality and how much or how little I need to work on it.

I AM a work in progress.

I often act without thinking things through.

In my 35 years of life, it has gotten me in trouble occasionally, but all in all, I'm not terribly stressed about it.

I'M OUTTA HERE.

IT'S BEEN FUN.

TAKE CARE.

PEACE OUT!!!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    There is no right or wrong way to deal with "certain needs."
    There is only opinion.
    An addict has certain needs. Is there a no wrong way to treat an addict? This isn't a debate about moral objectivity; it's about the understanding that certain medicines help relieve symptoms and certain medicines exacerbate them or just don't treat them at all.

MBTI
    xNFP

Let me ask you a question (please don't take this the wrong way)

But when you raise an issue, generally speaking, I mean assuming you're not flying-off-the-handle pissed off, you don't think about what you write? I mean, not hours and hours, but I mean, you have no general...well, not plan...but you know...concept?

P.S. This is not an attack: When I'm excited or angry, I also have a tendency to not think things through as well as I would have liked.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    Perhaps when an ENFP is pissed, they fall into their shadow and temporarily behave like a totally psycho, misaligned, holy-crap-what-the-hell-is-that XSTJ.

I'm not talking about a healthy one, here, those people are awesome.

I'M RIGHT ABOUT THIS. YOU SUCK. TELL ME I'M RIGHT OR YOU'RE GETTING A KICK IN THE PANTS!!!!!! RAWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR LISTEN TO ME!!!!!

I'm CAVE MAN!

I'm HURT so I'm gonna make YOU HURT! (Metaphorically speaking of course)
    Yeah, but one of the main points in the OP is that it won't REACH that level if people use some care in dealing with the ENFP. (Hence, the title: "Upset ENFPs: Handle With Care")

People can take my advice or not.

But God help them if they get torn to shreds by an ENFP.

As, I said in the OP--NOBODY wants that. Not the ENFP or anyone else.

I'M OUTTA HERE.

IT'S BEEN FUN.

TAKE CARE.

PEACE OUT!!!

MBTI
    xNFP

Wait a minute, I have to read your post again. I think I may have misunderstood. I'm rather perplexed. Hold on.

Okay, I'm back.

So if you are having a concrete problem, what do you want?

And if you are having an internal problem, what do you want?

And if you are having a relationship problem, what are you looking for?

I think that's what a lot of other types find confusing. If you don't want a solution, and you don't want to have this or that, then WHAT do you WANT?

(Not an attack, but if I try to think in the perspective of another type, I think that is what I would think, I think....)

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Wonkavision View Post
    It seems like there's some kind of assumption that the only reason to address an issue in public is if you have a particular "target".
    Well, I'm just wondering. Partly, because your type is so close to mine, but your behavior in this case doesn't make sense to me. If you just want to express something and don't need anyone to express it to, then you could just as well beat that punch bag. If you need to express it to one or several individuals, then you are trying to influence them in some way. Right? Communicating is to influence and to be influenced. Even if we are talking about weather.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    Let me ask you a question (please don't take this the wrong way)

But when you raise an issue, generally speaking, I mean assuming you're not flying-off-the-handle pissed off, you don't think about what you write? I mean, not hours and hours, but I mean, you have no general...well, not plan...but you know...concept?

P.S. This is not an attack: When I'm excited or angry, I also have a tendency to not think things through as well as I would have liked.
    Yes and no.

No--I don't have a particular plan or agenda at first. I just have a raw idea or inspiration.

But Yes, it starts to take shape, to some extent, AS I'm writing the post.

In actual conversation, I tend to bounce my ideas off of others in order to flesh out my ideas.
    On the forum, I post a thread for the same reason.

Sometimes people respond to that in a positive way, and sometime's they don't.

At this point in my life, I don't see it as a problem I need to fix, despite the fact that it makes some people uncomfortable.

I'M OUTTA HERE.

IT'S BEEN FUN.

TAKE CARE.

PEACE OUT!!!

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

Choke them to death...Or have sex with them.
    Oh, its
    You

MBTI
    xNFP

No, it's not a problem - just a different communication style.

My husband is IXTX and seriously.....it drives him bat-shit crazy when I do that. He brings things to the table already completely well thought out and whatever. I bring things to the table to debate and discuss and analyze.

Now that we know this, though, it makes things easier. So I understand why he's basically already made his decision before we talk, and he knows that I'm trying to brainstorm/analyze/do cost-benefit analysis when I talk.

I think we can generally agree that adequate communication on both sides in a way BOTH can understand is vital in any relationship, no matter what kind (friend, business partner, SO, or acquaintance).

That is true regardless, but perhaps most especially, when one side is really ticked off.