User Tag List

First 283637383940 Last

Results 371 to 380 of 401

  1. #371
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    well you know how when you're thinking in your head...oh...it must be this because of that! and that's why it was that way and why this was that way...oh...wait...no it wasn't actually...it just appeared that way because of this...ah ha! riiiight...okay so really...it's this and not that...and then...out loud you say what you've concluded it is...right?

    well...we do that shit out loud.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  2. #372
    Senor Membrane
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    3,190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by animenagai View Post
    Nolla, I think with Ne, it's something we can do in our heads very easily, whereas with something like Ti, it's something we need to externalize to make work. Different types of cognitive functions there. Maybe it's because extroverted Ti looks kinda like Te.
    Why is the introverted function extroverted? Isn't it supposed to be intro by nature? Or do you mean that Ti goes through Ne or something like that?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    well you know how when you're thinking in your head...oh...it must be this because of that! and that's why it was that way and why this was that way...oh...wait...no it wasn't actually...it just appeared that way because of this...ah ha! riiiight...okay so really...it's this and not that...and then...out loud you say what you've concluded it is...right?

    well...we do that shit out loud.
    But is it not on special occasions? Like, the example I just gave... I can pretty much throw those micro-pizzas most of the time, since I just use stuff I don't really have to work to get to. It's like there are rarely subjects I need to "figure out" since once I've done that, it's just hanging around there waiting to be used.

  3. #373
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    obviously yeah...sometimes we already know stuff...haha
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  4. #374
    Senior Member animenagai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Posts
    1,573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    Why is the introverted function extroverted? Isn't it supposed to be intro by nature? Or do you mean that Ti goes through Ne or something like that?
    It's more that Ti is supposedly weaker than Te in our order of function. Maybe even more importantly, it's because we as extroverts like to externalise our thought processes in general. It gives us another element to interact with, as odd as that may sound. Our Ne is just so strong that we don't necessarily need to externalise it for it to be running on all 4 cylinders, but not all our functions are that awesome.
    Chimera of Filth

    A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors

  5. #375
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    I guess you should give some kinda warning Because to me this makes little sense (and if you consider my type, it should make some sense).

    If I'm talking with someone, usually I kinda use "pre-prepared" material, like something I have thought before, something that I can just drop in. A bit like micro-pizza. But, I guess we are not talking about this. If I am talking with someone and they present me with something new, I kinda stop talking, go into my mind with the new stuff, and turn it around, see where it can be applied to, see if it doesn't fit with my other theories. Then I come back, and probably ask something concerning how it seemed to fit my general view of things.
    lol micropizza!!!

    anyway yeah i think that's a big ENFP INFP difference. i do that little check too but i'm not sure of the results until i say them!

    and haha yeah a lot of times i ask people to help me figure out something and then i'll just kind of talk at them for a minute and reach my own conclusion. i used to do it all the time in elementary school and kids would be like well wtf did you need me for?! but i did need them. and that is a secret between you and me and the internets.

    Quote Originally Posted by animenagai View Post
    Nolla, I think with Ne, it's something we can do in our heads very easily, whereas with something like Ti, it's something we need to externalize to make work. Different types of cognitive functions there. Maybe it's because extroverted Ti looks kinda like Te.
    maybe extraverted Ti IS Te? O_o;

    i don't mean this sarcastically, i just mean that the reason we HAVE to get stuff out to logic it is because our Ti generally sucks. we literally suck at logicking it inside. but if we get it out, we have GOOD tert Te, and then we can analyze it that way. and we've all seen that play out in real life without understanding it in this context.

    *suddenly understands*
    *dances*

  6. #376
    Occasional Member Evan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    4,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by angelhair45 View Post
    Evan, so I read your post for the millionth time since everyone keeps quoting it and I caught something.

    Now, I'm not going to say ENFPs have never expected someone to read their minds ( I know I have, but my ESTP husband is actually much worse at that expectation than I am). But that isn't always what is going on.

    I am not trying to put the responsibility of figuring out the problem onto the listener. I just want them to listen'. I'll figure it out, if they just listen instead of shutting me down. I don't know what I think until I express it, but generally I have to express wrong stuff before I get to the right stuff. I'm not just spouting off "untrue" things, I am processing it OUT LOUD because that is how I work. If I didn't do it that way, I'd probably be an INFP. It's a very important process, but listeners have to understand it's a process or they will be like "WTF?". If you read my signature quote that pretty much sums up a lot of ENFPs. I do this when I am perfectly calm, so why would the process change when I become upset? I have to extrovert my thoughts and feelings in order to figure them out. I am not expecting the listener to figure out anything.
    I have a ton of patience (face to face at least; here there's not as much at stake so I don't care as much). But once the ENFP (or whatever type is venting) starts displacing shit onto me, I'm done. It's not my responsibility to listen to them if they're directing anger at me that I don't deserve (it might be a bit different with Wonka because he never took the time to even entertain my position).

    Everyone's talking like I don't get ENFPs. What about this explanation -- I do get them but I won't cater to them if they're pulling some manipulative bullshit. Believe me, the two ENFPs I know extraordinarily well (my best friend and my aunt) both think of me as one of the most patient understanding people they know. But they also know I won't deal with bullshit -- if they want my help, fine -- I'll be on their side 100%. But if they become against me, it's just over.

    My ENFP best friend has literally said I understand her better than anyone in the world. I'm not claiming to know all ENFPs this well, but I'm not lacking in understanding or something.

    Also, I like almost every ENFP on here. Just because Wonka was ENFP and I disliked him shouldn't mean anything about my stance on the type overall.

  7. #377
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    But they also know I won't deal with bullshit -- if they want my help, fine -- I'll be on their side 100%. But if they become against me, it's just over.
    So...the quickest and most permanent way to lose an IxTP is to screw us over. Other then that we are pretty patient, understanding, easy going people.

    Im trying to figure out the "handle with care" part though. Handle caringly, but not eggshells.
    Im out, its been fun

  8. #378
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    So...the quickest and most permanent way to lose an IxTP is to screw us over. Other then that we are pretty patient, understanding, easy going people.

    Im trying to figure out the "handle with care" part though. Handle caringly, but not eggshells.
    sorry i'm becoming a rabid poster guys. most recent freelancing job just finished = lots o spare time. it'll go away soon enough.

    to transfer over from the Fe-Fi forum - handle our identities/egos/core selves caringly. we put it all out there so you usually can see our weaknesses pretty obviously. we need to have you let us know that our selves are fundamentally valuable, because since our judging function is subjective, we can't make that decision for ourselves. but as long as you support our inner selves/intentions, you can feel free to tell us how fucked up our external actions were.

    i think INTJs have a natural ability for this (ISTJs should too) because they have Fi too, and so they inherently experience that idea of ego validation. and it's good with someone else if you're in a romantic relationship with them, because the whole point of a romantic relationship is that you love the other person for themselves. so that validation is more clear. but in a random internet forum stranger relationship, i see why it's like wtf.

    poki what do you mean by screwing you over?

  9. #379
    Senor Membrane
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    3,190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    obviously yeah...sometimes we already know stuff...haha
    Oh, yeah, that's right, my mistake, hah!

    Nah, just difficult explaining something inside my head and comparing it to your explanation of your head, but I think I got it now. If you use this figuring out as rarely as I, then it really isn't a whole lot of time... Previously I had trouble understanding it since I kept trying to find an example of someone doing it IRL but couldn't. That must be because it is not very often that you need to do it.

  10. #380
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    oh...i may have misspoke...but it's fairly often. haha

    i mean...all the time..

    i think out loud to who i'm with but if someone came up and asked me a question about something i knew...i'd just say it....without the whole out loud processing thing.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Similar Threads

  1. [ENFP] ENFP's with ADD/ADHD
    By findthejake in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 02-03-2015, 02:54 AM
  2. [ENFP] ENFP struggles with her mediocrity / generalist-ness
    By revolve in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 10-23-2010, 06:54 PM
  3. Handle with care
    By proteanmix in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-28-2009, 08:48 PM
  4. [ENFP] ENFP's with other types
    By sketcheasy in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 08-23-2008, 11:52 PM
  5. [ENFP] ENFP's with anxiety disorders
    By gretch in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-07-2007, 07:06 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO