User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Are others really that expressive all the time? I find myself *struggling* with expressing my deepest feelings.

I mean, when it is not something, well, personal - then it's fine. I can bitch about bureaucracy/politics; inefficiency of systems; the way things don't work right; how things could be/operate better; how OTHER people's relationships are fucked up and inconsistencies there; I can analyze others without a problem.

But as soon as I start having a personal problem, where my deepest feelings are involved, I'm so oblivious to my own feelings, much less know how to express them right.

:-/ However, this is a problem that needs to be ameliorated. Because otherwise you blow up like that and then you have real issues. You can only change yourself, not others....

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

a pictorial representation
    Ti (43); Ne (41.8); Te (33.7); Fi (30.5); Ni (27.5); Se (24.7); Si (21.5); Fe (17.3)
    The More You Know the Less You Need. - Aboriginal Saying

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Wonkavision View Post
    It wasn't really an attempt to insult you.

It was a snarky way of saying that your "insight" into my motivations for posting this thread was inaccurate.

Not that it matters, but I find you pretty agreeable.

You're doing it again. Trying to suck me into a fake stroke-fest. You smile at me, I smile at you, and you get your feeling reconciled.

What about the rest of that post? Do you find that agreeable too? The part where I likened you to drug addict? Show some fight, man, Jesus.

MBTI
    xNFP

I don't personally believe you're an ENFP, but I appreciate your input anyway, Linguist.
    There is a wide range within a single type. If you assume there are 6 billion people and 16 personality types, even considering the different percentages among them, ENFP constitutes according to one study in one country (read: biased) 3% of the population.

If we were to assume that this is true among all populations, which is probably not accurate, that would mean we were speaking of 180,000,000 people.

There's bound to be wide variances among such a large segment of the world's population.

But, you're welcome.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post

You're doing it again. Trying to suck me into a fake stroke-fest. You smile at me, I smile at you, and you get your feeling reconciled.

What about the rest of that post? Do you find that agreeable too? The part where I likened you to drug addict? Show some fight, man, Jesus.
    Is it that impossible to believe that I find you agreeable?

I often read your posts and think you seem like a cool guy.

I said I find YOU agreeable. I didn't say I agree with what you're saying.

I'M OUTTA HERE.

IT'S BEEN FUN.

TAKE CARE.

PEACE OUT!!!

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Hmm... Does this desire to express need a "target"? I can understand getting stuff out of your system, but if there is no need to influence others, then why not buy a punching bag? There is a big chance here that you will be misinterpreted by the people not knowing what is going on...

MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    Hmm... Does this desire to express need a "target"? I can understand getting stuff out of your system, but if there is no need to influence others, then why not buy a punching bag? There is a big chance here that you will be misinterpreted by the people not knowing what is going on...
    Fi/Te gone awry? (Just a wild guess, don't beat me up if I got it wrong!) ---> I'm hurt, I feel like shit. YOU YOU BASTARD I AM GONNA GIVE IT TO YOU!!!!!!! RAWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!! GRRRRARAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

And I find exercise very good for getting out steam - much more productive than attacking others when I am royally pissed, which I also used to do.

Sometimes if someone really takes me off guard and makes me go from 0 to 180 mph in 0.56 seconds, I'll fall back into an old habit of just ripping a new one in the person.

But I try to avoid doing that because I find it more destructive than helpful.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I didn't say I agree with what you're saying.
    Why not?

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

I agree that everyone has a right to express his or her feelings and there's something terribly wrong with an environment a person is in if he or she feels unable to express himself/herself.

However, other people have the right to disagree with some of the things an upset ENFP says- I've known some ENFP's who go off the handle when they let their feelings out to someone like me and I don't give them the answer they wanted in the first place. I have the right to disagree and I have the right to give advice. The other person thinks this is me trying "to control them" but that's not my intention at all.
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    You don't see it as an issue of right or wrong, but there IS an issue of right or wrong. There's a right way to deal with certain needs and a wrong way.

There is no right or wrong way to deal with "certain needs."
    There is only opinion.