• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Upset ENFPs: Handle With Care

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I don't know what book you're talking about, but the book Ive read on this along with other texts seem to suggest Russians are more ISXP.

I don't feel that's accurate at all from reading their literature, or from their way of communicating or thinking. I would think NF, really.

High culture vs. low culture?

I don't know. Could you please explain why ISxP?

S

Sniffles

That's just what the literature I've read saids. I agree much of their literature and philosophy is more NF orientated.

Chloe

Where in the World Do I Belong ... - Google Knjige

but the book is VERY BAD I SRSLY THINK the autor never left the apartment while he/she was writing it lol

if anything E and S is obvious in russia. i have a feeling that N vibe that people get from russia is simply bc of very different culture than in US, and because of winter (winter always had very NF vibe to me :D), and bc of famous writers. But that's pretty much it. It's a survivor's country, i could see esfj or estp

edit: i have a hunch it's in many ways very similar to rural parts of balkans. my family is from there and so many stuff seems so similar.. that passion, which can be misleading to think it's nf passion.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Where in the World Do I Belong ... - Google Knjige

but the book is VERY BAD I SRSLY THINK the autor never left the apartment while he/she was writing it lol

if anything E and S is obvious in russia. i have a feeling that N vibe that people get from russia is simply bc of very different culture than in US, and because of winter (winter always had very NF vibe to me :D), and bc of famous writers. But that's pretty much it. It's a survivals country, i could see esfj or estp

Actually it's a combination of literature I've read and Russian people that I've met. Maybe it's just the people I've happened to meet, maybe they were just Ns. Maybe I've been more exposed to the N side of Russian culture...but I will say this: one of my friends whom I met after he had only been in the U.S. a couple of weeks said that American people seemed "lonely" to him, he was very aware of American distance, fake happiness...a lot of the stuff the author just wrote in the passage you linked. That seems F to me.

Just saying. I also think Russian humor might take some leaps in intuition. I remember reading Uncle Vanya when I was fifteen and thinking it was funny, like what is this, and where can I get more of this. When I told this many years later to my math professor (who is from Russia) looked at me like I had three heads. He said, "surely you have relatives from either Russia or somewhere in eastern Europe" and I said, "well, no, not recently enough that I would have been able to meet them." He continued to stare at me for a moment, and he said, "It's very strange for a young American girl to understand Russian humor without being given some context. A lot of adults in the United States don't get it...they think it's all dark and sad."

That led me to think there was something N going on in their culture, where as ours is more ESxJ.

S

Sniffles

From my own experiences in Russia, I didn't really detect much extraversion on the part of the people except in small groups.

Chloe

Actually it's a combination of literature I've read and Russian people that I've met. Maybe it's just the people I've happened to meet, maybe they were just Ns. Maybe I've been more exposed to the N side of Russian culture...but I will say this: one of my friends whom I met after he had only been in the U.S. said that American people seemed "lonely" to him, he was very aware of American distance, fake happiness...a lot of the stuff the author just wrote in the passage you linked.

Most Europeans think that because USA is much more enneagram Three-ish than Europe. Ambitions, money. We dont live for money here. I cant believe people work in USA for 60 hours per week. :shock::shock:
also, we move a lot less. i am sure russians do too. so we keep friends and family longer, we arent used to switching friends... which makes us less lonely but americans are probably more used on this.

Just saying. I also think Russian humor might take some leaps in intuition. I remember reading Uncle Vanya when I was fifteen and thinking it was funny, like what is this, and where can I get more of this. When I told this many years later to my math professor (who is from Russia) looked at me like I had three heads. He said, "surely you have relatives from either Russia or somewhere in eastern Europe" and I said, "well, no, not recently enough that I would have been able to meet them." He continued to stare at me for a moment, and he said, "It's very strange for a young American girl to understand Russian humor without being given some context. A lot of adults in the United States don't get it...they think it's all dark and sad."

That led me to think there was something N going on in their culture, where as ours is more ESxJ.

Maybe it's the pain of poor nations? you know. Pain, poverty.. it all brings people together, and brings up deepest feelings. This is why in Croatia during war I felt much more connected with people because NF stuff was more important, deep feelings, life, death.. so Russia is nation full of pain and poverty, so they feel everything more deeply.
But I still think it could be SJ country with lots of passion. Because, most countries are SJ, it's not democratic and all. SFJ can see very passionate in NF way.
in deep poverty many things seem more NF because people are pressured to think about "important" things.

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I don't quite understand what is going on here, what precisely you are trying to type, the soul of the country?

The literary phenomenon you describe is related to the fatalism. And that runs throughout the culture. And Peguy knows, any American who has been there notices this difference in the extraversion of the public straight away. There is tremendous warmth, but it is guarded.

This just feels so strange to me to assign a country a type.

Chloe

This just feels so strange to me to assign a country a type.

we are just amusing ourselves, at least i do, it's just speculation

and if there can be ways to differentiate people, why not speculate about countries...

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Leave it to a melodramatic ENFP thread about temper tantrums and crying spells and how others should handle it to morph into "type this country!"

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The funny thing is that I feel more comfy in Germany than in the US, despite the fact that people think Germany is ISTJ in culture.

i think it's easier for NFPs to get along in TJ countries than TP or FJ. it's the common Fi.

i find social relations in the northern US easier, and i suspect it's because they're more Fi. though when i was in the north and upset recently, i really missed southern Fe niceties. it's like a nice warm blanket. :sad:

How to shut up an ENFP -> Have sex with them.

Works every time.

:rofl1: no less funny because no doubt it's true.

No way can Russian culture be classified as ENFP.

jesus christ has whoever's saying this even BEEN to russia? :shock:

i agree that it's more I. and russian humor seems Si to me, not N.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
comparing to USA every country is I i suppose. :D

the USA is ridiculous. :D

do you think it's more E? i mean, yes when everyone is drunk, but... i dunno. when i lived a bit in st. petersburg, people just seemed pretty introspective. though maybe that is just that area. to be fair, russia is huge, and i have not travelled through hardly any of it.

Jaguar said:
What the hell are you people smoking? :D

we're ENFPs. we don't have to smoke anything to be this way :D

Chloe

the USA is ridiculous. :D

do you think it's more E? i mean, yes when everyone is drunk, but... i dunno. when i lived a bit in st. petersburg, people just seemed pretty introspective. though maybe that is just that area. to be fair, russia is huge, and i have not travelled through hardly any of it.

i'd call it E comparing to most european countries, but less e than usa. :)

Jaguar

I was just thinking where you are... but you have arrived. great. :hifive::D

Hi Petra, (charming name change)
Is it just me being picky or does it piss anyone else off that the high five emoticon >>>:hifive: falls below the sentence? Lol.

Chloe

Hi Petra, (charming name change)
Is it just me being picky or does it piss anyone else off that the high five emoticon >>>:hifive: falls below the sentence? Lol.
____________________________:hifive:
it pisses me but in pleasant way.

^^^you see what i just did!!! edit: but it still doesnt solve a problem :(

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Now it's just time for a :bananallama:

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
hold up, Italians are cocky but the Spanish aren't??

[/is Italian]

Yeah, it's strange... when you speak to an Italian, it is sometimes like a contest or something. You know the stereotype, I'm sure. Head tilted slightly up, lot of hand gestures, standing very close to you, touching you all the time like he wants to own you... The Spanish seemed a lot more mellow.