• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Upset ENFPs: Handle With Care

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So there you have it, a way to identify ENFPs. The moral conviction that if you don't understand them, you're just not listening hard enough.

:smile:

Yeah, right. I just avoid/ignore these people to begin with. :shrug: Give the standard answer, say the right thing, and go about my business and save the good stuff for people who are worth talking to. :D

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So there you have it, a way to identify ENFPs. Look forthe moral conviction frustration which causes the conclusion that if you don't understand them, you're just not listening hard enough/trying hard enough.

:smile:

Fixed ;)

We love others through making an effort to understand the other. That's how we show love. It's nice to get extended the same courtesy. Appreciated really. Yearned for.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You know what I've noticed - objectively speaking in a subjective way - ENFPs are a royal PITA. Fun, great, different, but still a PITA.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Yeah, right. I just avoid/ignore these people to begin with. :shrug: Give the standard answer, say the right thing, and go about my business and save the good stuff for people who are worth talking to. :D
Sounds like avoiding arguments.... BORING!!!
:devil:

Mind you the vapid females who politely smile as they ignore everything you're saying kind make me murderous... and I'm like a T an everything!
Out defined by an ENFP..... :steam:

I'll get you if it's the last thing I do!!!
We love others through making an effort to understand the other. That's how we show love. It's nice to get extended the same courtesy. Appreciated really. Yearned for.
Hmm needs the caveat "as long as you don't tell us we're wrong".
You know what I've noticed - objectively speaking in a subjective way - ENFPs are a royal PITA. Fun, great, different, but still a PITA.
Oh yeah. Big pink sparkly piles with festering underbellies of intrigue.

How's that for a mental picture?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I learned that 'fixed' trick from NTPs :devil:

Also...telling us we're wrong is not understanding us. Telling us your pov however...that's appreciated and allowed as it's not the same as telling us we're wrong :D

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
I learned that 'fixed' trick from NTPs :devil:

Also...telling us we're wrong is not understanding us. Telling us your pov however...that's appreciated and allowed as it's not the same as telling us we're wrong :D
Thank you for illuminating my point :devil:

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sounds like avoiding arguments.... BORING!!!
:devil:

Mind you the vapid females who politely smile as they ignore everything you're saying kind make me murderous... and I'm like a T an everything!

Out defined by an ENFP..... :steam:

I'll get you if it's the last thing I do!!!

Hmm needs the caveat "as long as you don't tell us we're wrong".

Oh yeah. Big pink sparkly piles with festering underbellies of intrigue.

How's that for a mental picture?

IF you're worth noticing, I will notice you. ZING!!!!! BOO YEAH, buddy. Take that. :D

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
As was told to me by an MBTI professional, it consists of 3 stages.

1. What's the matter?
2. What do you intend to do about it?
3. STFU

Apparently if asking one and two does not lead to an answer then most probably the ENFP is trying to get you as wound up as they are and as such should be silenced as they will achieve no good.

I've been informed by an ENFP that this tactic is adversarial, counter productive and grossly unfair.

So it seems to be working so far :devil:
Ah, thank you! Finally something good in this thread.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
One thing I know for sure, whether people affirm it or not, is I made this forum more fun, and made some pretty insightful contributions along the way.

I think most of you realize that.

I provide a lot of fun, but since people want to SPOIL MY FUN, I'm gettin the fuck outta here.

Why cast my pearls to swine?

And if you guys had heeded the advice in the OP, I wouldn't be so fuckin emo-hurt right now in the first place, would I? :( :emot-emo:

Once again, the truth I speak has fallen on deaf ears.

Have fun, if that's even possible anymore, in this soul-crushing, boredom-inducing piece of shit forum! :D

I hope you all CHOKE on your seriousness and DIE!!!

LOL. :smile:

As soon as I figure out how to change my password I'll be ridin off into the sunset.......
Thank fuck for small mercies.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You's people are nuts.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
You think the USA is a T-BASED???????? culture??? :shock: Whoaaaaaa. Why?

You go into the damn store, and everyone asks how the fuck you are. If you found everything you were looking for. Blah blah freaking blah. Packs your bags. Meets and greets at the store when you come in. When you go out. When you take a cigarette break while your SO is looking at every single fucking aisle for something you may need 10 years from now.

You meet someone you know on the street. First question: How are you? No one gives a rat's fat behind how you are, but it's one of these social niceties.

Small talk. But only certain kinds. No politics. No religion/philosophy. Nothing people might not be familiar with. No sex. In other words, inane bullshit no one cares about.

Parties and shit. Sororities and fraternities. Everyone does volunteer work. Donates to charities, and everyone goes AWWWW, what a nice person. He might beat up his wife when he gets home, but yay he goes to church. What a nice guy.

Positive feedback. Always tell people when they did something right.

And if they do something wrong, always say it nicely.

We do it for the country man. America first. America rocks! America's the best!!! YAYYYYYYYYYY! We're all patriots. Unified!!!!!

Even linguistically. Man. The language illustrates it, too:

- Softening negative stuff. I'm afraid.... Unfortunately.... Well, I see your point, but... You may be on the right track, but.... I'm not quite sure about that.... Well, normally I would love to help, but.... Well, I'm not sure if I have time.

- Asking for things with softening language Would you mind.... Could you please...? Flowery language.

- Question tags 'isn't it?, don't you?, right?'

- If clauses: If you're not doing anything on Saturday, maybe you'd like to hang out?

Dude, English is a pansy language. Seriously.

What happened to:

You're fucking WRONG man. Wronger than wrong. Stinky methane gas wrong.

Do it, damn youuuuuu!!!!! I'm not going to say it again! Get off your fat dumb ass and DOOOOOO ITTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!

You are late. Where the fuck were you?

Nope. It ain't there. And you suck.

This is what I think!

Wanna go out with me? Let's grab a coffee and chat

I suck. You suck. We all suck.

No. NO. N-O spells No. Not yes. Not maybe. Not could be if I won a million dollars. NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel shitty, actually. Really shitty. If I feel any shittier, I'll probably barf on your head.

Or kick my in-laws in the butt.

Yeah, that's right. The order's late. You're not the only asshole who wants something.

Do it, please.

I want ________. No, not that. THIS.

No, you're on the wrong ball field. You're swinging a bat on a diamond field playing singing in the rain while we're waging war on the offensive and tackling each other with a damned football.

The weather sucks. Get over it. You bitch when it's hot, cold, sunny, rainy, windy, dry, wet, humid, snowy, icy, and everything else.

And, yes, I'm exaggerating. And ranting. And whatever. :D

Because I suck at telling. And if I don't ask, I start analyzing too much and causing myself too much aggravation. So asking is easier, quicker, and usually less painful.

Many American values are STJ, even if our culture puts an emphasis on SFJ politeness that is definitely language based...surely that's a carry-over from our British roots.

And I don't know where you get it in your head that all Americans do volunteer work and donate to charities. That's a nice fantasy you have about Americans.

I definitely wouldn't say our language is "flowery" either...it's technical, simplistic, and fits together like a puzzle. I have been told we're over-polite, though.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
I definitely wouldn't say our language is "flowery" either...it's technical, simplistic, and fits together like a puzzle. I have been told we're over-polite, though.

Well, compared to Germany almost anything is flowery :devil:

But, I agree with most of the other stuff you said. It never seemed to me that the American niceness is genuine.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
GAHHHHHH! Who came up with these shitty ideas? Surely not an XSTJ. They'd say, "Come in, buy our shit, and get the fuck outta here!!!!" lol j/k :D

No....an STJ would manipulate people into buying. Te can see the efficiency of behaving a certain way to reach a desired end. The entire concept of pseudo-Fe is based upon the idea that an Fi user can see the practical value of behaving "nicely" in order to either get their way or have someone leave them alone.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Well, compared to Germany almost anything is flowery :devil:

But, I agree with most of the other stuff you said. It never seemed to me that the American niceness is genuine.

Yes, compared to German. However, English and German are related in terms of language roots, so I guess that's not surprising.

But compared to the Romance languages or slavic languages, I definitely wouldn't call English "flowery."

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
Yes, compared to German. However, English and German are related in terms of language roots, so I guess that's not surprising.

Yeah, but English has a lot more ambiguity. I mean, I probably wouldn't learn English in my lifetime if I started now. I have no idea what the rules are, I just speak. German has rules that are obeyed.

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, but English has a lot more ambiguity. I mean, I probably wouldn't learn English in my lifetime if I started now. I have no idea what the rules are, I just speak. German has rules that are obeyed.

German is an ST language and English is NT :D