User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: Nagging fears

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Default Nagging fears

Do you have these nagging fears that take time to completely go away ?

Such as

• You may be doing something more wrong with your life which might be a reflection of a past, old you without you being entirely aware of it.
    • Other people may perceive your path better than you yourself
    • You may fall too much into spirals of 'down darkness' first before reaching your real aims
    • You might turn into an unhealthy individual due to your huge, complex emotional capacity

If yes, how are you working to overcome them/how have you conquered them or cope with them?

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I think my most nagging of all personal fears is that I'll end up living a normal live without fullfilling my life goal of being remembered for helping to change the world. In terms of overcoming this fear I am planning on finding a way to express my ideas through a large media outlet in order to gain recognition and influence on people in society in order to improve the world.

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

Nagging fears eh? Lately, I'm constantly afraid that the friends who actually get me will think that I don't like them because I'm not always physically available to them. My mother's side of the family is incredibly ISXJ, so as a child, I've always had to plan my social activities like a week in advance :/. It's probably not the best thing that could've happened to me as an E as it has become a force of habit almost just to stay at home.

There is one really nasty fear I have and that's the fear of going suicidal/turning into a serial killer. I'm very much a moral guy, or at least I try hard to 'do the right thing'. However, Having a strong Ne definitely has its dark sides. When I'm on a bridge for example, I always have the urge to jump off. It's not that I'm suicidal, far from it, I hate suicide as a concept. I'm just intellectually curious. The very possibility of it means it's something I'll explore. There are even uglier examples of this. For example, there has been many cases when I'm cleaning a knife and had the same type of thought of throwing it at someone. I swear, I'm not capable of murder, it makes me absolutely sick to my stomach that I can even have these horrible thoughts. However, the possibility is there and as a Ne dom, I will jump from idea to idea no matter how weird or terrible they are. Yeah there you go. It's kinda personal but whatever. The very dark side of being Ne dom.
    Chimera of Filth

A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors

MBTI
    fool

Yes. Fear of life. Getting overwhelmed and wanting to just run away and hide and disappear sometimes, like it's too much and I can't do it.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

My biggest fear is probably that I will be doing something completely socially inept, but not be aware of it.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by animenagai View Post

There is one really nasty fear I have and that's the fear of going suicidal/turning into a serial killer. I'm very much a moral guy, or at least I try hard to 'do the right thing'. However, Having a strong Ne definitely has its dark sides. When I'm on a bridge for example, I always have the urge to jump off. It's not that I'm suicidal, far from it, I hate suicide as a concept. I'm just intellectually curious. The very possibility of it means it's something I'll explore. There are even uglier examples of this. For example, there has been many cases when I'm cleaning a knife and had the same type of thought of throwing it at someone. I swear, I'm not capable of murder, it makes me absolutely sick to my stomach that I can even have these horrible thoughts. However, the possibility is there and as a Ne dom, I will jump from idea to idea no matter how weird or terrible they are. Yeah there you go. It's kinda personal but whatever. The very dark side of being Ne dom.
    All people have unacceptable thoughts sometimes. I have read that the difference between sanity and insanity is that sane people ignore those thoughts, but insane people listen to those thoughts and act on them.

I will say, however, if you are having a lot of these thoughts, that it might be a symptom of clinical depression. A friend of mine suffers from severe depression and has found that she knows when the depression is getting worse because she is suddenly drawn to sad and angry songs and has similar thoughts about things that she would never actually do.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Brain View Post
    I think my most nagging of all personal fears is that I'll end up living a normal live without fullfilling my life goal of being remembered for helping to change the world. In terms of overcoming this fear I am planning on finding a way to express my ideas through a large media outlet in order to gain recognition and influence on people in society in order to improve the world.
    I am working on the exact same problem atm. Only plan I have is to find a job that pays good money like a fireman or train conductor. (both can make 50-70k in this area) Then I am thinking of building a small home on wheels to pull behind a truck while traveling and learning about the people around me. Last, the writing of a book with everything I have learned. I know I don't know you but you sound like a great traveling companion. (Note my ambiguous offer of teamwork without actually having to BE an active character in my own life.)

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Youe plan seems both interesting and wonderful, I wish you good fortunes on such a journey and hope you can overcome the same fear that haunts me. I really sound like a great traveling companion?

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by Lily flower View Post
    All people have unacceptable thoughts sometimes. I have read that the difference between sanity and insanity is that sane people ignore those thoughts, but insane people listen to those thoughts and act on them.

I will say, however, if you are having a lot of these thoughts, that it might be a symptom of clinical depression. A friend of mine suffers from severe depression and has found that she knows when the depression is getting worse because she is suddenly drawn to sad and angry songs and has similar thoughts about things that she would never actually do.

Thanks. I'm not clinically depressed, though I've been there before and the underlying problems haven't completely gone away. These thoughts only show their head once a while, not even close for me to consider that I might need some help. Maybe if I got a little bit more action I would get less of these thoughts. For the sake of humanity I urge everyone to make a little 'donation', details below.
    Chimera of Filth

A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Brain View Post
    Youe plan seems both interesting and wonderful, I wish you good fortunes on such a journey and hope you can overcome the same fear that haunts me. I really sound like a great traveling companion?
    Of all the INFP variants we seem to be on a similar wavelength. It would be like traveling with a reaffirming individual, of course, that could be a bad thing too. I could see being caught up in a dream. Course, that is what I am planning right now anyway.