Thread: Nagging fears

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Brain View Post
    I think my most nagging of all personal fears is that I'll end up living a normal live without fullfilling my life goal of being remembered for helping to change the world. In terms of overcoming this fear I am planning on finding a way to express my ideas through a large media outlet in order to gain recognition and influence on people in society in order to improve the world.
    i have this fear too. and maybe not so much even being remembered as being influential. i used to think i wanted to be remembered but recently i have just realized that i want to have a big impact. not that fame or legacy wouldn't be great though, lol. i need to find what my passion is though, i guess. that's hard for me. i like so many things and can see myself in so many different avenues. how to know which one is the one i should take?

and also, that i will never do things that are extraordinary. i shouldn't worry so much, i already have done some really crazy and wonderful things, but maybe they're part and parcel to this fear/desire. sides of the coin, i guess.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by animenagai View Post
    There is one really nasty fear I have and that's the fear of going suicidal/turning into a serial killer. I'm very much a moral guy, or at least I try hard to 'do the right thing'. However, Having a strong Ne definitely has its dark sides. When I'm on a bridge for example, I always have the urge to jump off. It's not that I'm suicidal, far from it, I hate suicide as a concept. I'm just intellectually curious. The very possibility of it means it's something I'll explore. There are even uglier examples of this. For example, there has been many cases when I'm cleaning a knife and had the same type of thought of throwing it at someone. I swear, I'm not capable of murder, it makes me absolutely sick to my stomach that I can even have these horrible thoughts. However, the possibility is there and as a Ne dom, I will jump from idea to idea no matter how weird or terrible they are. Yeah there you go. It's kinda personal but whatever. The very dark side of being Ne dom.
    I totally relate. In your bridge example, I am the same way, except I don't think I would call it an urge to jump off. I picture myself jumping off and I think about what it would be like to jump off, but I don't know that I actually have an urge to do it. All kind of similar things like that. Sometimes darker more disturbing stuff too if the thought involves another person. It is like I never will do anything to knowingly hurt myself or anyone else, but I can't stop my brain from acknowledging that it is possible to do so.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

I have a nagging fear that everything has gone too well for me in life and something terrible is going to eventually happen to even it out. I have had this thought off and on for about 10 years.