• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] FEELINGS commonly experienced by INFP's

izzie

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
We have looked into weaknesses at some point, but now let's talk about the typical FEELINGS of INFP's:

• Often experience feeling out of place and loss in meaningful belonging even when we seem to be establishing social connections. Except with the people we let in.
  • Often get angry when feeling like one's internal defense mechanism and deeper perceptions are misunderstood, even when we are aware the intentions are not malicious.
  • Often hide confused feelings of guilt for having a dark side which combine with feelings of determination to overcome and triumph over a past filled with pains.
  • Often battle a fear of potentially appearing stupid in front of people because of suspecting oneself as being more eccentric and unable to connect with typical human nature.
  • Although acknowledge that courage is not the absence of fear, in the process of fighting for courage, we often stumble into bouts of darkness and quick to anger when our complexity is misunderstood or dismissed.
  • In spite of darkness, still unexpectedly find oneself renewing feelings that relate to hope. There is somehow always that unwavering light of believing in dreams before they manifest into reality because we place value on the unseen.

We are idealist fighters who struggle the most in our inner worlds, and are emotionally passionate to the point we appear self-sacrificing although we are determined to fight for our wants. And balance those wants with what we think is right.

musicnerd93

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I do have a dark side. Do I show it very often? No not really. But, if someone read my poetry, they would probably strongly recommend counseling.

I'm not suicidal, just an INFP is all. :blush:

We're a rather bipolar type, I think. I've often wondered if I'm bipolar because I can go from being really, really happy and on top of the world and nothing can possibly upset me. And then something comes along and triggers this depressive lapse. It's a wodner my family and friends put up with me, it must be really annoying to ahve to deal with.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Frusration is pretty much a constant with me....frustration at making myself understood.

HighwayChild

Enneagram
4w5
I do have a dark side. Do I show it very often? No not really. But, if someone read my poetry, they would probably strongly recommend counseling.

I'm not suicidal, just an INFP is all. :blush:

We're a rather bipolar type, I think. I've often wondered if I'm bipolar because I can go from being really, really happy and on top of the world and nothing can possibly upset me. And then something comes along and triggers this depressive lapse. It's a wodner my family and friends put up with me, it must be really annoying to ahve to deal with.

I'm right there with you on that one.
I embrace my "dark side" but am very careful about showing it because many people just don't get it. Not only do they not get it, they seem to think it's cause for concern, when really, it's harmless.

Bipolar, yeah, in a way. I tried to see if I was bipolar and was tested for it, but apperently fall too much into one side of the spectrum while the other side is very rare. Instead of manic depressive, it's more like depressive and the mania comes rarely. when it does though, it's like a completely different person. when I'm not gloomy and solitary, I'm dorky and enthusiastic about the smallest shit. I kind of wish I was more of the later more often, but ironically, I stay quiet most of the time because I don't want people to see the dorky side so much, although I do want to express it more often and around strangers. More like incapable. It's hard to explain, you know what I'm saying though? Like I'm afraid of letting my weirdness out into the open because of some kind of social fear. but instead I come off as more weird by rejecting any kind of contact with anyone in any form of social situation.
There lies my root of inner struggle and anxiety. It sucks, but I still love myself and love my weirdness.
Yes, annoying it is in the eyes of others. One thing I've learned over the years is that it's better to just be alone when you're feeling the depressive lapse occuring, whatever it was that triggered it. That's just me though.

HighwayChild

Enneagram
4w5
We have looked into weaknesses at some point, but now let's talk about the typical FEELINGS of INFP's:

• Often experience feeling out of place and loss in meaningful belonging even when we seem to be establishing social connections. Except with the people we let in.
    check
  • Often get angry when feeling like one's internal defense mechanism and deeper perceptions are misunderstood, even when we are aware the intentions are not malicious.
    check, though I have been working on it with much success I think.
  • Often hide confused feelings of guilt for having a dark side which combine with feelings of determination to overcome and triumph over a past filled with pains.
    Check
  • Often battle a fear of potentially appearing stupid in front of people because of suspecting oneself as being more eccentric and unable to connect with typical human nature.
    Check...with all my power, check.
  • Although acknowledge that courage is not the absence of fear, in the process of fighting for courage, we often stumble into bouts of darkness and quick to anger when our complexity is misunderstood or dismissed.
    check and I hate it.
  • In spite of darkness, still unexpectedly find oneself renewing feelings that relate to hope. There is somehow always that unwavering light of believing in dreams before they manifest into reality because we place value on the unseen. Check and I love it

We are idealist fighters who struggle the most in our inner worlds, and are emotionally passionate to the point we appear self-sacrificing although we are determined to fight for our wants. And balance those wants with what we think is right.

having that inner world was something i thought wasn't anything to be concerned about. With more self reflection, have realized that it can be damaging seeing as how in reality, things would wind up being completely different and usually much more optimistic. Then you end up feeling like a dipshit, because you know it's wasn't right in the first place and actually doesn't align to your actual values and way of doing things in actuality.

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
I'm tired of feelings and talking about my feelings and taking inventory of other people's feelings. Bah feelings!