User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Default What usually makes an INFP come to 'BEING'

I've just wondering what exactly makes a person become INFP?

Usually I find that most INFP's:

• Had been taken advantage of many times in the past, and they let such experiences define their skills so that they would avoid the same mistakes in the future.
    • Often feel the same rushes of rage almost immediately when they see or detect the same experiences happening to others (bad experiences they had already gone through themselves)
    • Place importance on subtle gestures and signs because they had overlooked them in the past which had changed their lives permanently. Often get misunderstood by others for over emphasis on this importance.
    • Place over importance on depth, because of unwillingness to fall into potential mistakes that can be caused by meaningless superficialties.
    • Often able to recreate certain idealist movie-like scenes in head, and determined to see those scenes as how their life should manifest. Which often lead them to become highly intuitive, driven dreamers.

Although INFP's project idealism and optimism when it comes to creativity, are we at some point mostly defined by this: past pain?

Me the INFP

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Also, another thing that fits the INFP paradox - although we are very idealist and we tend to have issues with controlling our guilt, the past pain creates a dark side in us that we often have to battle. Well, at least for me.

My past pain defines me in a such a way that there have been times when I secretly fear I might turn into the mentally, emotionally and socially manipulative being I can be whenever I feel injured to the extremes. It is almost a miracle that not many people will be able to even understand that side of me.

Banned
    MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    5w4

This british foreign couple suddenly bashed this random kid on the street here where I live because he threw a tin can and missed the trash can at the bus stop, as in, the man got up and yelled at him and had that vicious violent look in his eyes. I was taking the same bus as them. We took the bus, and when it was time for my stop, I got up, walked up to the couple and whispered into the man's ear "We don't need your filthy way of parenting in this country, I suggest you hurry the fuck home." He was about to blow up and say something, but when he saw me he backed off and gave me the "Oh, holy shit"-eyes, the "this guy might actually kick the ever living shit out of me"-look, because I look like I'm ready to kill when I'm angry, which freak people out. I was angry for a whole 20 minutes before I finally got to say what I wanted to say. In fact, I wanted to insult the old man at the bus stop but I figured I wouldn't because I was afraid that I would explode and assult the guy; throw him down on the pavement, kick his fucking teeth in, and stomp his head repeatedly until his neck fucking broke. Luckely for me, and him, I acted accordingly.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

The idealist INFP in me find that..rather endearing ^

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by izzie View Post
    Although INFP's project idealism and optimism when it comes to creativity, are we at some point mostly defined by this: past pain?
    I don't think that it is what makes us to become our type. I am pretty sure I wasn't taken advantage of more than the average people. Maybe I was hurt more by situations that would not have been so bad for other people. The one thing that shaped me into what I am now is the self-analyzing tendency.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

Who is the new cute girl
    Oh, its
    You

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by angell_m View Post
    This british foreign couple suddenly bashed this random kid on the street here where I live because he threw a tin can and missed the trash can at the bus stop, as in, the man got up and yelled at him and had that vicious violent look in his eyes. I was taking the same bus as them. We took the bus, and when it was time for my stop, I got up, walked up to the couple and whispered into the man's ear "We don't need your filthy way of parenting in this country, I suggest you hurry the fuck home." He was about to blow up and say something, but when he saw me he backed off and gave me the "Oh, holy shit"-eyes, the "this guy might actually kick the ever living shit out of me"-look, because I look like I'm ready to kill when I'm angry, which freak people out. I was angry for a whole 20 minutes before I finally got to say what I wanted to say. In fact, I wanted to insult the old man at the bus stop but I figured I wouldn't because I was afraid that I would explode and assult the guy; throw him down on the pavement, kick his fucking teeth in, and stomp his head repeatedly until his neck fucking broke. Luckely for me, and him, I acted accordingly.
    Fucking awesome!

I love it.

I'M OUTTA HERE.

IT'S BEEN FUN.

TAKE CARE.

PEACE OUT!!!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    I don't think that it is what makes us to become our type. I am pretty sure I wasn't taken advantage of more than the average people. Maybe I was hurt more by situations that would not have been so bad for other people. The one thing that shaped me into what I am now is the self-analyzing tendency.
    I have very strong self analyzing tendencies; they are so strong that I often fear I might be unhealthy

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Vu View Post
    Who is the new cute girl
    *Looks over shoulder* Where?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9v8

I don't know about being defined, I think I was born an INFP, I can definitely trace INFP signs back to my childhood. I agree with all the signs you have posted, though I also don't think the level of pain inflicted to a person is related to the person's personality, what differs is how deep the pain is, or the level of suffering. My way of loving a person is pretty intense, like a laser beam , I focus on that person and the universe sometimes disappears. On the other hand, I live pain with the same intensity. I definitely have a dark side because of that, but mostly my life is full of positive emotions, or I try to do that as much as possible. Right on about the movie scenes too, if I had a nickle for all the things I imagined...