User Tag List

123 Last

Default INFPs and gut feelings

Any of you other INFPs have a problem with trusting your instinct and it always turning out shitty that you didn't?

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Sometimes, yes... the hunches I have don't seem to have anything to do with the facts, and then later on turn out being correct. The problem is, how do I double-check them?

At the moment I am conflicted about what I should do about a friend of a friend who gives me bad vibes. I know there is something wrong with him, but I don't know what it is, so I can't just tell people to not hang out with that guy. I am now settled with waiting to bumb into that guy and seeing if he still gives me the creeps...

To clear that up a little... "something wrong with someone" doesn't mean that they are mourning their late grandmother or anything like this. Usually what I see is the incongruence between their body language and other communication. In the past I've spotted people who had psychopathic tendencies or some other shit like that, and I tend to not trust it enough... but the thing is, it can also be only a deeply fake personality, and I don't feel that I should do anything about them, since they are not exactly dangerous.

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

There's a man at work that I feel that way about. Luckily, he works in another department, but he seems like the sort of guy that would be a molester or some thing like that. Yet I have no basis for this, other than he sends shivers down my spine, and the way he says hello, and greets people doesn't seem right. I just keep waiting to hear some thing of that nature, my gut feeling is so strong.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Overthinking is the enemy of intuition.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Intuition can actually save you from danger, so it's wise not to underestimate it. At the same time it doesn't mean intuition should let someone do hypocritical or immoral acts. It's about balance; combine intuition with logic or trust yourself enough to let intuition lead you to a logical conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    Sometimes, yes... the hunches I have don't seem to have anything to do with the facts, and then later on turn out being correct. The problem is, how do I double-check them?
    That is the main issue most of the time. After the initial warning I tend to forget and go on to screw it all up because I forgot what my intuition told me.

Quote Originally Posted by izzie View Post
    Intuition can actually save you from danger, so it's wise not to underestimate it. At the same time it doesn't mean intuition should let someone do hypocritical or immoral acts. It's about balance; combine intuition with logic or trust yourself enough to let intuition lead you to a logical conclusion.
    This I need to work on mastering. It could really save me the trouble in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by FireyPheonix View Post
    There's a man at work that I feel that way about. Luckily, he works in another department, but he seems like the sort of guy that would be a molester or some thing like that. Yet I have no basis for this, other than he sends shivers down my spine, and the way he says hello, and greets people doesn't seem right. I just keep waiting to hear some thing of that nature, my gut feeling is so strong.
    Ah I have felt something like this before. I don't suggest letting go of it no matter what happens. I let it go thinking he may not be the creep I thought he was and it turned out he was exactly what my instinct painted him as.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

At times yes, making a desicion based on instinct can go wrong, but of course there is a certain risk to it, and it can lead to some better consequences as well.

Originally posted by izzie
    This.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Yeah, like when I take a test and I'm torn between two answers, and I originally put the right answer but then I say "Well, that one makes sense too." So I put that one instead.