User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by musicnerd93 View Post
    Yeah, like when I take a test and I'm torn between two answers, and I originally put the right answer but then I say "Well, that one makes sense too." So I put that one instead.
    Heh, back in my schooling days, I rarely double-check my answers. Usually only to see that I didn't get the numbers wrong or that my name/id was on every answer sheet. Regardless of how much time I had left, I just submit the answers and walk out of the room.
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI

Yup!

Every time I've ever ignored my gut feeling in order to be more "logical" about a situation, it ended up in a disaster.

Example: In the seventh grade on a math test, I changed all the bubbles so that there were none that repeated more than twice in a row, or repeated at all unless I was confident about them.

Better example:

The other day on a Greek vocab quiz, I wasn't feeling confident about the answers and was about to change them. But instead of changing them, I went with my instinctual answers and came out with 12/15. Had I changed them, it would have been a disaster :blushing:
    "Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away." -Ekaku Hakuin
    http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...psdunkqmep.png
    5w4 . IEI . Chaotic Good
    Right-Libertarian Minarchist

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by TheStarchDefenders View Post
    Ah I have felt something like this before. I don't suggest letting go of it no matter what happens. I let it go thinking he may not be the creep I thought he was and it turned out he was exactly what my instinct painted him as.
    Yes, it's a hard feeling to ignore. I find it weird that no-one else thinks the same way....but the alarm bell ring. I just pray, that I'm never in a vunerable situation with him, because I just know he'd try to cop a feel while standing too close.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post

At the moment I am conflicted about what I should do about a friend of a friend who gives me bad vibes. I know there is something wrong with him, but I don't know what it is, so I can't just tell people to not hang out with that guy. I am now settled with waiting to bumb into that guy and seeing if he still gives me the creeps...

To clear that up a little... "something wrong with someone" doesn't mean that they are mourning their late grandmother or anything like this. Usually what I see is the incongruence between their body language and other communication. In the past I've spotted people who had psychopathic tendencies or some other shit like that, and I tend to not trust it enough... but the thing is, it can also be only a deeply fake personality, and I don't feel that I should do anything about them, since they are not exactly dangerous.
    ^ This, hah, I'm going through the same thing, his intentions to manipulate are very clear-cut to me and I'm just waiting for him to fall into his own trap as like what Nolla mentioned, I can't just tell others to not hang out with him.

Yes, it's a hard feeling to ignore. I find it weird that no-one else thinks the same way....but the alarm bell ring.
    ^ And this, I feel extremely lonely that nobody else sees it. He, though, funnily enough, knows that I know things about him. I so see his true colours. As bad as it sounds, it's a secret only both of us know and I feel like a victim in a way, hence have resorted to completely avoiding any conversations with him in order to preserve my peace.

Can anybody provide me a guide on how best to cope with too much intuitive power?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by William K View Post
    Heh, back in my schooling days, I rarely double-check my answers. Usually only to see that I didn't get the numbers wrong or that my name/id was on every answer sheet. Regardless of how much time I had left, I just submit the answers and walk out of the room.
    You're very, very smart. I guess that's one of my dreaded S tendencies.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I've learned from experience that those nasty, "something's-not-right" feelings are pretty spot on. They have always been in relation to people who are interested in me. I used to always ignore those thoughts, and that always landed me face down in the mud. Last time I got one of those nagging thoughts (clues, really), I told myself not to make it a self-fulfilling prophecy, but at the same time I was wary about how much emotional investment I put into this person. Time played out and now it's clear that I dodged a bullet and saved myself a LOT of heartache. If I had ignored my intuition my life would be totally ruined right now.
    Just because I'm an INFP doesn't mean I'm emo!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by TheStarchDefenders View Post
    Any of you other INFPs have a problem with trusting your instinct and it always turning out shitty that you didn't?
    Turns out wrong because your attuned wrong. Your energy is spent trusting your mind. When your mind starts trusting your gut instinct then your energy is attuned towards a concrete fixture rather than an intuitive fixture. This means like a navigational compass you have come to mistrust your gut instincts in favour of your mind. However when you learn to trust your gut instincts with your heart, your intuitive center, then your gut instincts are attuned to a different frequency than your mind and then your intuition becomes stronger which means your gut instincts are more trusted and true.

A window to the soul

^ Spoken like a true INFP. I feel synapse is right on about the technical details here, but that doesn't make it so. The gut instincts can feel concrete when tuned to the proper frequency. No matter how fine tuned your gut instincts are though, the INFP way of being is not an exact science and is subject to catastrophic failure. Fortunately, as an INFP you're well equipped to deal with that too. For the healthy INFP, there's no fear of the unknown future... so what's a blank canvas today, looks like the beautiful colors and strokes of a masterpiece ahead. Even when we're so close, but so far away from it. There always seems to be enough hope left to drown out brief moments of doubt ...and so it goes. It's a mighty fine way of being.
    Last edited by A window to the soul; 10-17-2010 at 02:54 PM.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4~9

Whenever I trust my gut I am wrong but when I do not I turn out to be right in the first place. I hate it and it drives me insane. Because I have no evidence only my feeling of something is not right...
    "...Have you fallen in love with the wrong person yet?"
    Jace said, "Unfortunately, Lady of the Haven, my one true love remains myself."
    "At least," she said, "you don't have to worry about rejection, Jace Wayland"
    "Not necessarily. I turn myself down occasionally, just to keep it interesting"

- The City Of Bones

Here is my blog where I post my thoughts and feelings. Please have a go and comment if you like.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by perfectgirl View Post
    ^ Spoken like a true INFP. I feel synapse is right on about the technical details here, but that doesn't make it so. The gut instincts can feel concrete when tuned to the proper frequency. No matter how fine tuned your gut instincts are though, the INFP way of being is not an exact science and is subject to catastrophic failure. Fortunately, as an INFP you're well equipped to deal with that too. For the healthy INFP, there's no fear of the unknown future... so what's a blank canvas today, looks like the beautiful colors and strokes of a masterpiece ahead. Even when we're so close, but so far away from it. There always seems to be enough hope left to drown out brief moments of doubt ...and so it goes. It's a mighty fine way of being.
    Technically speaking you could say that.
    As with any guidance system, static disruption is possible and like a magnet moving the north and south poles in a directionless way the intuitive center can transmogrify or short circuit the gut reaction too and this very much hinges on our state of health.