MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    Heheheh.

On the one hand, we'd probably be very good at it. On the other, it would annoy us to no end and emotionally drain us, likely making the rest of our lives rather unpleasant.

Never mind having to clamp our mouths shut every time we will have justifiable cause to say, "How could you be so STUPID?!?!"
    I actually have an INTx friend who considered becoming a counselor. He can give really awesome, patient advice to people he cares about, he has this wonderful quality (I think he's INTJ, but he won't decide between the two) that seems very caring and rational at the same time...but then he was all like, "Wait. I can't be a counselor. I hate people!"

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

okay. quick semi-derail

[edited out for sake of privacy] - essentially question was about ENFJ inconsistency in dealing with personal space

</semi-derail>

gracias!
    Last edited by skylights; 01-06-2011 at 11:21 PM.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Hmm that's weird. The only point of reference I have is that the one ENFP I knew in real life was very warm and I'm not an especially touchy person but I distinctly felt like she was a little weirded out by my initiating any kind of touch with her. I don't know if any other ENFPs are like that or not, but if you have any leanings that way, then maybe ENFJ can sense that. Other than that, I have no idea.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

hm. thanks for your ideas fidelia i could see that as a possibility. i am quite warm but not very actively/sensily-so (like Fe or Se style), and usually am not the one to initiate physical contact, so maybe the reaction is to that.
    Last edited by skylights; 01-06-2011 at 11:22 PM.

I'm trying to figure out how Fe and Fi morality are different. It confuses me. If I explain my view on morality, will someone tell me if it's "Fe-representitive" or if it's not type related (NOT THE SPECIFIC ISSUES [let's not start a war here], just how I arrived to my attitude on morality)?

I base morals on how it affects people. If something hurts people most of the time, it's wrong. If something helps people most of the time, it's right. I find people who create morals based on what feels good or what seems good annoying because they ignore that other people have their own feelings and logic. However, there are ALWAYS exceptions. Nothing is ever 100% right or 100% wrong. I do not appreciate sweeping statements of morality.

Theory is hard to swallow. I'll offer practical applications.

I hate it when people say they don't support homosexuality because it doesn't feel right to them. They're heterosexual, OBVIOUSLY they find homosexuality disturbing. But homosexuals are born homosexual, and they suffer through so much being homosexual. If people actually took the time to LEARN ABOUT HOMOSEXUALS, instead of taking ONE look at them and judging them as "bad", they'd realize no one in their right mind would choose to be homosexual.

I don't support using drugs to ease your pain because then you get addicted, screw up your life even more, and have to recover from a lot more than you were originally trying to save yourself from. However, if someone completely lacks the resources to get help, and drugs are the only way to prevent them from constant pain or suicide, then I support its use. It's a "lesser of two evils" situation.

I don't support using torture to get information out of someone. Ever. It would have to be a very specific, very dangerous situation for me to support it. Torture screws up people so badly that it is always too cruel to do to someone.

I've got to stop reading Fe vs. Fi threads other than this one. This one's moderated by experienced people, the other ones aren't. After reading those threads, I start to hate BOTH Fe and Fi. =__________=

Professional Trickster Esoteric Wench's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Random Ness View Post
    I'm trying to figure out how Fe and Fi morality are different. It confuses me. If I explain my view on morality, will someone tell me if it's "Fe-representative" or if it's not type related?

I base morals on how it affects people. If something hurts people most of the time, it's wrong. If something helps people most of the time, it's right. I find people who create morals based on what feels good or what seems good annoying because they ignore that other people have their own feelings and logic. However, there are ALWAYS exceptions. Nothing is ever 100% right or 100% wrong. I do not appreciate sweeping statements of morality.
    I think that when operating at their best, it's very difficult to distinguish between Fi and Fe if you're the casual observer. In other words, Fe and Fi both take people factors into consideration when arriving at a decision. They also both care very much about having positive personal relationships. Finally they both dislike confrontation. (Voilà the F versus T focus on people and relationships.)

So if Fi and Fe both manifest themselves in very similar ways, what's the difference? I've come to believe that it's due to differing internal processes used to reach the (usually) same end result. These differing processes are never more obvious than when Fe and Fi are not at their best.

But in terms of what you wrote, I think that both Fe and Fi users would identify with what you're saying here. I know I do and I'm an Fi user. So I agree that "if something helps people most of the time, it's right." So this doesn't seem type-related to me.

On the other hand, it just occurred to me that there may be an Fi vs. Fe thing going on here. 'Cause I'd say "if something helps people most of the time, it's right... AS LONG AS IT DOESN'T VIOLATE <Insert Fi value here.>"

Anyone else want to disagree?
    ENFP with kick*ss Te | 7w8 so | ♀

Quote Originally Posted by Esoteric Wench View Post
    On the other hand, it just occurred to me that there may be an Fi vs. Fe thing going on here. 'Cause I'd say "if something helps people most of the time, it's right... AS LONG AS IT DOESN'T VIOLATE <Insert Fi value here.>"
    That's what I thought, that both Fs reach the same conclusions, just in different ways.

Hmmm...my version of that sentence would be: "If something helps people most of the time, it's right, NO MATTER WHAT ANYONE ELSE SAYS." Though, that doesn't sound like isolated Fe.