User Tag List

First 1959676869707179 Last

can't handcuff the wind Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    So it wasn't calling it fear that was the problem, just misunderstanding the source of that fear.
    Well I can understand the reluctance to call it fear though. Calling it fear sort of presupposes that we feel a similar urge to get to know people faster but we're afraid to act on it. I don't think that's the case.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari

figsfiggyfigs

There is TOO much F-ness in here.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Actually I'd love to see a similar thread on Ti vs Te, as it would teach me more about how to use and comprehend Ti
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Quote Originally Posted by You'reWrongI'mRight View Post
    There is TOO much F-ness in here.
    That coming from someone who once said she was ENFP?
    Am I rong or are you write?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    But if the way you do it doesn't work, you aren't throwing out the bacteria-filled ingredients, you're leaving them in the fridge for someone else to eat, possibly unknowingly or possibly someone that has no choice and might even have a weakened immune system. If you're going to put yourself through hell, why wouldn't you want to go to the trouble to actually get some results for your actions?

Or is it more of an emotional, knee-jerk reaction? I've certainly done those before myself because the injustice of a situation made me *so* angry that I couldn't force myself to be more calm and constructive.
    But we're not dealing with children or intellectually challenged adults; we're dealing with adults here. They have all the resources available to them to decide what's important to them. All the cards were laid out on the table. No one was underinformed.

Everyone made their decisions like adults--PB, her employer with knowingly not meeting his legal obligation, and her co-workers, who could have seized the opportunity of making things better with PB taking the heat by being background support.

When adults make informed decisions I like to let them do that. But surely I'd also let these decisions inform me of their character and what they might decide to do when something even bigger was on the line (e.g. the Erin Brocovich story with the plant giving the town cancer and everyone turning their backs). Why on earth would I want to be spending 40 hours a week with people who don't demonstrate the kind of character I want to see and enact in this world?

I'm only human too, and being surrounded by people not willing to demonstrate good character is going to tempt me to take the easy road in life. I don't want the easy road. I want the road where I can be a good human that makes this world a better place. I'd rather surround myself with people of good character than give myself the baggage of dealing with people who not only are not stepping up to the plate for things they should be, but won't even back me up if I step out from the crowd to make things better.

I've got good things to do in this world. I'm not wasting time or energy on people that are holding me back.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Satine View Post
    Actually I'd love to see a similar thread on Ti vs Te, as it would teach me more about how to use and comprehend Ti
    Well, I think the issue there is that the Fi/Fe divide is far more heated than the Ti/Te divide. People typically don't get their toes stepped on when Ti/Te butts heads as much, it doesn't challenge identity and personal freedoms/values.

Thus, we don't much care to discuss it, except maybe academically. I figure such a thread is probably good for 50 posts before people get bored.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Z Buck McFate View Post
    Well I can understand the reluctance to call it fear though. Calling it fear sort of presupposes that we feel a similar urge to get to know people faster but we're afraid to act on it. I don't think that's the case.
    Ah ok.
    I guess I just assumed you wouldn't reject someone's friendly overtures (likely to hurt/offend them) other because you were afraid of getting hurt/put upon in some way yourself (hence the references to identity theft/burglary etc).
    It didn't occur to me that you might not care about hurting them!
    Or is it that you wouldn't find that kind of rejection hurtful yourself, and so fail to see why others might?

Can you explain what is so important about the pacing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Still..it would be interesting to see the inner mechanics of those two functions as well..especially Ti for me at least, so I have *some* idea of what it looks like. If you see what kind of info came out of these threads as to how people experience Fi and Fe and what kind of logic, mechanics, motivation etc contributes to these behaviors and how they fit together as a puzzle...and I still think we barely scratched the surface. It would be interesting to see the same kinda detail on Ti and Te.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

^ make a thread, make a thread (but it would be best to get doms and aux's discussing, not us so much I think)
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi