User Tag List

12311 Last

I drink your milkshake. Thessaly's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Default ENFJs I have figured you out.

So you're all very charismatic, bubbly people-persons. You out pour support and kindness like no other.

But then you influence all these romantic feelings, which wasn't your intention or maybe it was, but now that you got it you don't want it. So in an attempt to neutralize the situation you do a silent withdrawn 180 hoping the other person will just simmer down/back off and you won't need to hurt their feelings by addressing the situation.

This cycle tends to repeat because you guys just can't help yourselves. It's almost a reflex for you to say things you don't mean or won't mean within a few hours or a day or two. And you can't let go of people and the rest of us who are hooked of course come back for more only for you to do your 180 dance again.

Anyways, it took me a few rounds of this with a few ENFJs to figure out that you guys get skiddish easy and when you get excited by another it's in your DNA to go nuts with enthusiasm despite the fact that you ARE going to back off unless you think we're a sure thing.

I forgive you all, but seriously stop it. I don't want your ENFJ super powers to stop working on me because I begin to assume you're all just crying wolf.
    With dreamers, pure and simple, the imagination remains a vaguely sketched inner affair. It is not embodied in any aesthetic or practical invention. Reverie is the equivalent of weak desires. Dreamers are the aboulics of the creative imagination.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

You have certainly figured out one thing.. You are responsible for how you feel about someone, not the other way around.

How many times have I heard someone say it's my fault they feel a certain way? I wish I could just make anyone feel something for me , especially love.

MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Yes, people are responsible for their own emotions but that's a rather careless approach to take when dealing with others, especially considering the fact that most people aren't immune to the influence of others. You can't just act however you want and then point the finger at the other person when they react.
    With dreamers, pure and simple, the imagination remains a vaguely sketched inner affair. It is not embodied in any aesthetic or practical invention. Reverie is the equivalent of weak desires. Dreamers are the aboulics of the creative imagination.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

No but you aint their emotional babysitter either. It's one thing to be considerate of other people's feelings, it's quite another to bend over backwards becoz they're unable to cope. At that point you're not doing them any favors (much like a child you give everything it wants, as it will never learn to acquire what it needs itself).
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

I'm not trying to punish ENFJs everywhere or something I just think this is a problem of yours you need to address. If you happen to inspire feelings within another person and don't want to be the object of their affection stop acting in that manner or speak with that person to let them know there was a miscommunication. Don't rinse, repeat.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    You have certainly figured out one thing.. You are responsible for how you feel about someone, not the other way around.
    This.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Satine, sorry but I don't believe you are addressing my argument. I am not in disagreement with you there. Read my last post.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Thessaly View Post
    I'm not trying to punish ENFJs everywhere or something I just think this is a problem of yours you need to address. If you happen to inspire feelings within another person and don't want to be the object of their affection stop acting in that manner or speak with that person to let them know there was a miscommunication. Don't rinse, repeat.
    Sounds to me that they're damned if they do, damned if they don't as far as you're concerned.

Whenever someone on here starts a thread dissing EVERYONE of a certain type you can be sure the problem lies with that person and not the type.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Thessaly View Post
    Yes, people are responsible for their own emotions but that's a rather careless approach to take when dealing with others, especially considering the fact that most people aren't immune to the influence of others. You can't just act however you want and then point the finger at the other person when they react.
    I have been told all my life to just be myself..so does that make me charming or a charmer?
    How am I irresponsible if my concerns and compliments for someone are real?
    Should I nor give someone credit because they might think it means more?
    Should I act like someone else just in case the real me charms you and you might fall in love or something??

I mean I have used the joke before that someone is so charming or so sexy they should be illegal, but it's just a joke.

I am not a charlatan, I can not make people like me.. They do or they don't.. Maybe I am just full of likable qualities for some people??

So what is my responsibility here??

MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

I'm not "dissing" or trying to anyways. I want to bring a pattern I've noticed to their attention in a helpful manner. I quite like ENFJs.