User Tag List

First 5678917 Last

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I get your point. I usually suck at the harshness thing, so I'll do the flighty-thing instead. I'll make it clear first that we are friends and I'm already taken and after that I'll let the relationship naturally dwindle down a little, to lessen the connection. I still wanna see them and still am my natural self around them when I do see them, but I know that infatuation automatically fades if you break contact for 2 to 3 weeks, especially if it's a recent crush, so I make sure that they get that break, to wake up from that chemical coctail their body has been feeding them.

I used to do the same myself when I was in their position, at least, if I wanted to break the spell.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ESFP

Quote Originally Posted by Satine View Post
    I get your point. I usually suck at the harshness thing, so I'll do the flighty-thing instead. I'll make it clear first that we are friends and I'm already taken and after that I'll let the relationship naturally dwindle down a little, to lessen the connection. I still wanna see them and still am my natural self around them when I do see them, but I know that infatuation automatically fades if you break contact for 2 to 3 weeks, especially if it's a recent crush, so I make sure that they get that break, to wake up from that chemical coctail their body has been feeding them.

I used to do the same myself when I was in their position, at least, if I wanted to break the spell.
    Ahh. I wonder if things wouldn't just be the same once you were back in touch. Either way, I can admire your way of doing things.

You know... for a whiny brat you're pretty gentle.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Z Buck McFate View Post
    Does this mean that I too can know the magic of ENFJ mind-control, if I figure out the correct way to apply said ingredients?

*cautiously rubs implausibly cute kitten onto various body parts*
    Z Buck..

You are too funny.. I am now helplessly charmed by you.. Do you think you could tone down the humor, please???.. I don't appreciate the emotional manipulation. I know you are making me laugh on purpose because you are insecure and need my admiration to make yourself feel better..

Shame on YOU!!!!

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Am I the only INFP that doesn't like the implied emotional powerlessness that pervades this thread? Perhaps learning how to take responsibility for your own emotions is something that must come from experience.

I'm not saying you need a death grip control over your all of your emotions (dangerous and ultimately impossible), but you can still take ownership of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Thessaly View Post
    Anyways, it took me a few rounds of this with a few ENFJs to figure out that you guys get skiddish easy and when you get excited by another it's in your DNA to go nuts with enthusiasm despite the fact that you ARE going to back off unless you think we're a sure thing.
    You dated these guys, so clearly they WERE attracted to you and liked you. It makes me think the charms they used on you were genuine. The problem seems like after that, you wanted too much, too quickly. Perhaps you were so caught up in how you felt, that you completely failed to give the ENFJ what he needed to feel like you were a "sure thing". There is a surprising practicality underpinning NFJ effusiveness.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Am I the only INFP that doesn't like the implied emotional powerlessness that pervades this thread? Perhaps learning how to take responsibility for your own emotions is something that must come from experience.

I'm not saying you need a death grip control over your all of your emotions (dangerous and ultimately impossible), but you can still take ownership of them.

You dated these guys, so clearly they WERE attracted to you and liked you. It makes me think the charms they used on you were genuine. The problem seems like after that, you wanted too much, too quickly. Perhaps you were so caught up in how you felt, that you completely failed to give the ENFJ what he needed to feel like you were a "sure thing". There is a surprising practicality underpinning NFJ effusiveness.

Listen to the Dog, he knows.

I agree with you, at least, unless there's more info that we weren't privy to.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    You have mutant powers??? Who knew??

I have been using this stuff myself.
    "Love Potion #9 . . . . "

Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    I rather like a combination of mind-control items.

Implausibly cute kittens, eight pairs of hand cuffs, plus a choking haze of cheap cologne. No one escapes!
    It's the Aqua Velva that ties everything together.

Quote Originally Posted by Thessaly View Post
    I am actually going to take this advice seriously. The next time an ENFJ contacts me I am gone like yesterday. They won't even get acknowledgment in the slightest form.

It's either that or turn into a sadist and inject them with my slow working emotional poison, but I prefer to save that for the sensor exes who never understood me. Plus I'm too sporting to try to hurt an ENFJ. That's simply too easy; like taking candy from a deaf, blind baby with no arms.
    The thing is, by the time you figure out he/she is an ENFJ, it will be too late! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Thumbs up

I've learned to make it clear within the first convo I have with others that I'm taken. That I'm very happy that way. And people still blame you afterwards when you 'charm' them. Give ENFJs a break already. Their strenght is their charm, and their love for others. Let them be themselves, without expecting and assuming things, just coz they're kind to you.
    Yeah :steam:! What she said .
    Fe | Ni | Se | Ti ... 3w4 ... Lawful Neutral ... Johari -Nohari

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

All this relationship stuff gets me sick to my stomach, like seeing new couples on the beach or at the park.
    Oh, its
    You

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Blown Ghost View Post
    Ahh. I wonder if things wouldn't just be the same once you were back in touch. Either way, I can admire your way of doing things.

You know... for a whiny brat you're pretty gentle.
    Tnx..you're not half bad yourself

Things *can* go back to the same if you let them. But, once you are aware of that danger, you can keep just a little bit more social distance, while staying warm to someone, and have 'the talk'. That way the bond doesn't have to be lost or disrupted in an unpleasant way.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Vu View Post
    All this relationship stuff gets me sick to my stomach, like seeing new couples on the beach or at the park.
    Ha! Last weekend I was hanging out with my INTP and some of his friends at a campsite. My INTP sat behind me on the picnic table bench I was sitting at, wrapped his arms around me and we must have said some cute things to each other. Then I looked up and noticed one of his friends looking at us and shaking his head. I asked him, "You just saw all that, didn't you?" And he took a swig of his beer and said, "Yeah, I just threw up in my mouth a little bit."

I've learned to make it clear within the first convo I have with others that I'm taken. That I'm very happy that way. And people still blame you afterwards when you 'charm' them. Give ENFJs a break already. Their strenght is their charm, and their love for others. Let them be themselves, without expecting and assuming things, just coz they're kind to you.
    I've tried this in the past, with varying results. Most awkwardly is when I meet someone when I'm single, and then I get picked up/attached to someone else, and then when the first guy works up the nerve to actually approach me, gets shut down.

In general, I find that people find it easy to blame someone else for the way they feel. The only person who controls how you feel, and who can regulate it, is yourself. Yes, you can be impacted by others, but that is your choice, and it is possible to get a handle on that. For that matter, you'll never be able to make *everyone* 'behave' emotionally, so you're better off learning how to navigate these situations.
    Oh yes. This!