User Tag List

First 71516171819 Last

I drink your milkshake. Thessaly's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    Hmm that didn't sound so soothing to me LOL.. But its very interesting that you use the word soothing..

Because someone who soothes me wins my heart..

Well maybe NTs aren't soothing, but they are great at just shaking their head and smiling when you are losing your insanity over what they would consider nothing. I like that. INFPs probably take the sooth prize. Whenever I need soothing they are who I call.
    With dreamers, pure and simple, the imagination remains a vaguely sketched inner affair. It is not embodied in any aesthetic or practical invention. Reverie is the equivalent of weak desires. Dreamers are the aboulics of the creative imagination.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Thessaly View Post
    I can sort of see that. People only freak though because you probably maintain such an immaculate facade. I remember my ENFJ once confessing to me that he didn't care about taking part in my environmental rituals and I was like WHAAAAAAAAAAAAATTT??? If anyone else had said the same thing I would have shrugged.

What exactly is it that has freaked people out about you if you don't mind me asking?
    They are never quite able to articulate it .. so I am not even sure they know..

Intensity???

Someone said to me recently that my posts often make her think of something or some angle she never even considered .
    So I guess I often challenge people's constructs??
    Not everyone appreciates that I guess??

You also bring up something I alluded to earlier in this thread.. ENFJs are just held to higher standards.. I watch people regularly shrug their shoulders at things that when I do it, land me in hot water.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Thessaly View Post
    Well maybe NTs aren't soothing, but they are great at just shaking their head and smiling when you are losing your insanity over what they would consider nothing. I like that. INFPs probably take the sooth prize. Whenever I need soothing they are who I call.
    They are supposed to be my ideal mate.. INFPs that is..

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

1st question.. Perhaps. Except that would create a paradox.. because how could she be the one if she rejected me??

Yes we are masters at diversion or at least I am.. INFJs are generally better, So maybe you want to ask them about that

In my case it comes from a life time of watching people make a face of fear or disgust every time I open up for "real". I see it on here even.. people don't know how to take me sometimes. I freak some people right out. So I divert.. I accommodate, I do it the name of protecting us both.

I am sincere in my insincerity.
    I get this, because I do it too (keep guarded) and I am extra sensitive to people's reactions.

How do you test the water with people? What kind of response makes you feel safe to open up more instead of putting a wall up?

I admit I toss "tests" out there for people sometimes...

Because someone who soothes me wins my heart..
    I find NTs agitate me, but that was probably just those individuals. How can someone soothe you if you don't open up to them? INFPs are actually great at this - why we get the "healer" tag. However, I'm not going to force someone, and I know that wouldn't work anyway.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Glycerine

Ironically for me INTPs/ISFPs are more soothing to me. I am usually on edge with many INFPs if I hang out with them a lot and vice versa. We usually like each other a lot but it's far from soothing usually.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I get this, because I do it too (keep guarded) and I am extra sensitive to people's reactions.

How do you test the water with people? What kind of response makes you feel safe to open up more instead of putting a wall up?

I admit I toss "tests" out there for people sometimes...

I find NTs agitate me, but that was probably just those individuals. How can someone soothe you if you don't open up to them? INFPs are actually great at this - why we get the "healer" tag. However, I'm not going to force someone, and I know that wouldn't work anyway.
    Those are Good questions OA..

How do you test the water with people?
    I know things about people before they start talking often.. But I just gently or sometimes blatantly probe. It's kind of like asking a writer where their ideas come from.. I can't really answer in a satisfying way. I just do "it".

What kind of response makes you feel safe to open up more instead of putting a wall up?
    How can someone soothe you if you don't open up to them?
    If only I could answer this. I don't know. Some people are just better at it than others. When I say "soothe" What I mean is .. This person somehow makes all the noise stop. My focus goes directly on them and what they are saying. All the other voices are gone. This person somehow gets directly past everything else and speaks to my core. They stimulate my thoughts and feelings and manage to marry both of them together so I can hear myself.
    People who make me hear myself are magic. They can teach me. Somehow I trust them. They are rare treasures.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    Ironically for me INTPs/ISFPs are more soothing to me. I am usually on edge with many INFPs if I hang out with them a lot and vice versa. We usually like each other a lot but it's far from soothing usually.
    Probably because they're on the same emotional modality-wave length as we are. You can't shield yourself with them around. NFPs can rip me a new one faster than just any other type because I have ZERO defense against them.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Domino who is that hunk-a-hunk of burnin' love in your avatar?:yim_rolling_on_the_
    With dreamers, pure and simple, the imagination remains a vaguely sketched inner affair. It is not embodied in any aesthetic or practical invention. Reverie is the equivalent of weak desires. Dreamers are the aboulics of the creative imagination.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Val Kilmer -50lbs.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

If only I could answer this. I don't know. Some people are just better at it than others. When I say "soothe" What I mean is .. This person somehow makes all the noise stop. My focus goes directly on them and what they are saying. All the other voices are gone. This person somehow gets directly past everything else and speaks to my core. They stimulate my thoughts and feelings and manage to marry both of them together so I can hear myself.
    People who make me hear myself are magic. They can teach me. Somehow I trust them. They are rare treasures.
    That was kind of beautiful.