First 41213141516 Last

You should tell him off!
    Fe | Ni | Se | Ti ... 3w4 ... Lawful Neutral ... Johari -Nohari

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Thessaly View Post
    Not even. He's rather selective. Very much a bachelor type. Never really committing, but not apparently sleeping around either. Perhaps flirting is his way of getting female attention without having to seriously pursue it. He doesn't make sense.

Perhaps that is what draws me to him; his contradictions. Nothing turns me off more than the obvious. Then again eternal enigmas are $#@%ing annoying as hell.
    Oh, its
    You

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Perhaps flirting is his way of getting female attention without having to seriously pursue it.
    I think you've hit the core issue right there. He doesn't make sense to you, because you probably wouldn't do something like that yourself.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

So the ENFJ contacted me again the other day. He did his usually prying/trying to help gig to which I was very short and withdrawn in my replies. Despite that we talked for awhile until I cut him off. He seemed rather grateful to talk with me...whatever.

I overheard him later telling someone that he loves flirting and it is like a drug to him and even when in a relationship he has to flirt with women. I was a little surprised by that...I don't know why though. He always has a collection of women on supply to swoon over him on command. Makes me think perhaps I've been one of them. Our conversations don't qualify as flirting in my mind though. They're rather serious and therapeutic. This gives me some closure though. Having certain ideals about people being squashed does that.
    I definitely have heard of a couple of ENFJ males being like this. They usually have the attitude that the flirting with everyone and false push/pulling is simply a part of who they are, and that women have to accept that part of them if they want to be in their lives.

I'm glad to see you taking control over this, though.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Default When thread titles go wrong :)

14 pages now.. and you still don't have ENFJs figured out..

Just saying

Glycerine

LOL, it is a two way freaking street but even still that guy kinda sounds lame-o. I am really curious about the other side of the story.... if it's actually the truth or if you might be just projecting your insecurities onto him (or maybe both). You might be right or you might have misinterpreted it... we don't know. I know that for me when I "overhear" people, I have a tendency to misconstrue what they say if I am not aware of the complete context.....

Also what's his definition of "flirting"?

I am not necessarily on his side but it seems like you have drawn an overly negative and biased picture of him (trust me, I can be guilty of that too). It's almost like you are looking for "evidence" to validate your already formed thoughts of this situation without trying to find the real root of the problem and a solution (which pretty much everyone is guilty of... in general and not necessarily in the context of this thread).

I agree with arclight's last post.

I drink your milkshake. Thessaly's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Default And the Shenanigans Ensue....

The ENFJ and I had a long conversation about our bipolar courtship and he has apologized in a rather earnest manner and asked for a chance to take me out and win me over. He's flying out to see me since I moved awhile ago. If he brings me flowers I may proceed to fall back in la la with him. I am a sucker for plucked plants...and ENFJs I guess.
    With dreamers, pure and simple, the imagination remains a vaguely sketched inner affair. It is not embodied in any aesthetic or practical invention. Reverie is the equivalent of weak desires. Dreamers are the aboulics of the creative imagination.

Awe <3 Hope everything works out for you me lady, keep us posted !
    Fe | Ni | Se | Ti ... 3w4 ... Lawful Neutral ... Johari -Nohari

MBTI
    ENFJ

The ENFJ and I had a long conversation about our bipolar courtship and he has apologized in a rather earnest manner and asked for a chance to take me out and win me over. He's flying out to see me since I moved awhile ago. If he brings me flowers I may proceed to fall back in la la with him. I am a sucker for plucked plants...and ENFJs I guess.
    Hmm. Good luck, but I honestly believe his behavior is not indicative of ENFJs, but of douchbags. I could be wrong however.

When I like someone, I really like that person. I have eyes for no other person. I don't play games and I don't toy with other people's emotions.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by ExAstrisSpes View Post
    Hmm. Good luck, but I honestly believe his behavior is not indicative of ENFJs, but of douchbags. I could be wrong however.

When I like someone, I really like that person. I have eyes for no other person. I don't play games and I don't toy with other people's emotions.
    A young ENFJ male.. could very easily get caught up in his own "desirability"
    if he is just discovering for the 1st time how charming he actually is. Testosterone almost guarantees it. What he hasn't yet learned is how to be responsible about it. Like drinking.. He knows it feels good, so he does it.
    It's addictive. Ahh but we all know once you cross the line it's all down hill.. Have one drink too many and that euphoria turns into a nightmare..Plus the hangover can last for days..

Our friend could just be a young ENFJ male, who has not yet been broken.. But he will be broken.. Someone, someday will beat him at his own game and then he will learn responsibility. He will learn that getting a buzz is not the same as getting pissed drunk and then he will hopefully, drink love responsibly.

It's possible I speak from experience.