User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Develop Se

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

Default Develop Se

How do you stay in the moment? Thats where I wan tot be. Always. Nowhere else. Good times...
    Oh, its
    You

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Start looking around you, the physical surrounding, notice details. Walk outside, in the nature, try to notice things how they are, see, smell, taste, touch. Any physical activity helps in developing Se. Do, act, move, enjoy the movement. Dancing is a good way to get to know your Se. Travel to another town, check out your new surrounding, enjoy it. Travel to other countries and so on.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

Do some sports and other present, six sense based activities. Just trying to notice things seems really tiring...but yeah...find an indirect motivation (like sports).

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

Listen to music and have sex/masturbate. That's what I do .

Se is all about acting and reacting.
    "... you think deeply about stuff [that] nobody cares about and hardly anybody can understand you." ~ Peguy talking about Ni users. So true.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by chris1207 View Post

Se is all about acting and reacting.
    That sounds good.

I've never had much difficulty with Se. I don't really care for it much per se.. yet, I can still control myself to ollie off a 6 foot ledge, dunk a basketball, qualify as a decent Wide Reciever, like playing guitars, see cats about to run in front of my car, catch falling dishes, etc.. I don't know what Se is to me, other than I'm good at all of this stuff that seems Se like. I'm kind of wondering why that is.. I've been thinking I could be INFJ, and an SP wannabe (Se inferior ). That, or I really am ISFP with high Ni. Nobody likes that either. I get lost in my thoughts and generally enjoy "intellectual" matters more, get bored after awhile with Se stuff, and move on. That's all I know. As for how you get better, I once suggested to someone to just ride a bike. That pretty much requires a lot of environmental awareness, sensory control, etc.. Better yet, ride a bike with your off hand, and eat a cupcake with the other. I did that once, and wiped out. But it was a good lesson probably

Seriously though.. Perhaps if you incorporated something like that enough into your lifestyle, it could trickle into other areas. :confused:

Banned
    MBTI
    eNxp
    Enneagram
    5/7
    Socionics
    eii

These are all great suggestions - basically you just have to practice using that function.

The fastest way though, in my opinion, is to get ambushed, mugged, and beaten up by a gang. I've had this happen to me before. Guaranteed fastest way to get your Se function working hard and fast as you now have an enormous reason to use it. That way, every time you step outside your senses are automatically on full throttle - so you stay alert, watch approaching corners for potential ambush, keep your body facing forward towards anyone that comes within striking distance of you so you're ready to defend yourself if they attack, etc. Never again will you find me with my head in the clouds while I'm outside. This may come with a lot of anxiety, but that will fade over time as this becomes habitual.

I'm not kidding, either.

Yeah! I almost got gangraped like that once.. down to being chased into some Hollywood-esque type of parking garage, crawling around under cars.. running off to a high skyrise, tricking people that I was in one elevator, and not another.. I was living in a Brian DePalma film.

Training Se.. serious business.

MBTI
    ISFJ

It's futile. Se is one of the ENFPs unconscious functions. You have no control over it. HA HA!

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I've never had much difficulty with Se. I don't really care for it much per se.. yet, I can still control myself to ollie off a 6 foot ledge, dunk a basketball, qualify as a decent Wide Reciever, like playing guitars, see cats about to run in front of my car, catch falling dishes, etc.. I don't know what Se is to me, other than I'm good at all of this stuff that seems Se like. I'm kind of wondering why that is.. I've been thinking I could be INFJ, and an SP wannabe (Se inferior ). That, or I really am ISFP with high Ni. Nobody likes that either. I get lost in my thoughts and generally enjoy "intellectual" matters more, get bored after awhile with Se stuff, and move on. That's all I know. As for how you get better, I once suggested to someone to just ride a bike. That pretty much requires a lot of environmental awareness, sensory control, etc.. Better yet, ride a bike with your off hand, and eat a cupcake with the other. I did that once, and wiped out. But it was a good lesson probably

Seriously though.. Perhaps if you incorporated something like that enough into your lifestyle, it could trickle into other areas. :confused:
    Sometimes I think I'm ISFP as well, especially after reading how ESFP and ENFP are look a likes and ISFP and ENFP have similar functions in different realms(ISFP is more capable of making ideas reality and make the best artists while ENFP stays stuck in the primordial mind stew).

Threads like this tend to confuse me because while I'm not the most coordinated or athletic person I can catch things and hit targets. The only problem I have with living in the now is that P prevents me from doing it in a timely manner. Other than that, I do get lost in thoughts (intellectual and otherwise) and fantasy; I also have trouble acting out my ideas but no problem dreaming about them. I guess that's where Ne vs Se is, I'm not on the reality plane most of the time.

I'm still working on getting myself into reality sector but I try to re-focus and focus. I'm learning how to focus by doing exercises and focusing on the breathing, control and awareness. This comes easily. Hindu squats and hindu pushups are doing a LOT for my mental clarity and present mindedness.
    George Bernard Shaw in cartoon form.